FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Links, reviews, previews, etc

opened the newspaper this morning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by terror-kahn
i say that with confidence because i have a 9mm that i carry with me everywhere i go. i bring it to the shooting range 4-5 times a year. i assure you if i'm in the area when a shooting takes place, i will do everything in my power to stop it immediately.

lol yeah you're part of the problem

quote:
it's actually not very uncommon when an armed robber or shooter is stopped by another law abiding citizen who is also armed.. the mainstream media doesn't give it much attention though. they would rather scare the shit out of everyone and spam the stories where the "bad guy" is successful in his efforts

that actually is pretty uncommon lol.
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:15 pm 
Jon;

you're an untrained fat hillbilly that shoots off at a firing range good for you. you aren't trained nor is any citizen to bring down a killer.

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:16 pm 
Jon;

fuck dbl post

hassan-i-sabbah

for all the people saying its just mental illness not guns can you explain why the crazy spree killer in china last week who used a knife didnt actually kill anybody while spree killers with guns tend to have really high body counts. why is that do you think. i guess the gun guys were just crazier???

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by Jon;
you're an untrained fat hillbilly that shoots off at a firing range good for you. you aren't trained nor is any citizen to bring down a killer.

to be fair hes a baby killer so he probably is trained. he still shouldnt have a gun because hes obviously mentally unstable/incompetent (and also "being trained to kill a man" shouldnt be a license to own a gun)

srsly tho i'd like to see the guntards explain what legitimate civilian use high capacity magazines have

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:19 pm 
NachoCat

quote:
Originally posted by Mackman
We don't need any more gun laws. What we do need is parents stepping up and taking notice of their own kids. Young kids have no need playing Call of Duty, or seeing the next filth hollywood puts out to desensitize them. We as a society are breeding killers. It's not that the guns are there, its the kids who are largely ignored and are fed from the sewer of hollywood.

We tear down the 10 commandments because it may offend someone, we take God away from everything and everyone and we wonder why the kids snap. They have no foundation in life. The parents are just as drugged out as the kids on medication they stick them in a room, throw in the closest violent video game they have and say see you later.

Its not the 'gun', its society as a whole that nurtures this total disregard for human life.

whoa whoa whoa.... this guy just brought God into this lol

You say there is no regard for human life and you are against gun control after something like this happens? Come on get real. How about you go explain to the parents of the murdered children why you think our gun laws are just fine. There is no coincidence that we live in a country that has little to no gun control and we have a mass shooting on the news every other week. When little kids are being murdered with assault weapons, entire families are destroyed, and you are sitting here saying that our gun laws are just fine. You really need to step back, look at the big picture, be honest with yourself and think about what you are really fighting for.

I went to the bushmaster website today to see just how easy it is to get an AR-15, similar to the one that was used. Did a search for authorized dealers in AZ. In Arizona alone there are 149 authorized dealers where I can get one. So I did a little research to see just how many authorized gun dealers there are in general for the state of AZ. OVER 1200. Over 1200 places to buy a gun in 1 state. For reference, there are about 350 McDonalds in the entire state. Something really wrong here.

Does mental health issues play a role? YES… Do we need to do something about that? YES the number one thing we need to control though is gun control. We cannot sit here and make weapons that are specifically made to kill easily accessible to anyone. There is no reason for it. If you can give me a good reason why someone with schizophrenia should be able to buy an assault rifle then please enlighten us with this profound wisdom of yours.

Less guns = less deaths. Pretty damn simple. Just because you have the right, does not mean it is right. And just because it has right to bear arms in the constitution does not mean we should abandon all common sense and morals to uphold an idea that was proposed centuries ago. No one is saying we should ban guns altogether, that not anywhere close to what people want. What we do want is control. No assault weapons for non police or military. Mandatory background checks. Waiting times on all guns. These are some pretty reasonable things to ask for. Will this stop all gun violence? Of course not. It will however take some guns off the streets and make it just a little more difficult to have access to weapons like this and It might just save a few lives and that’s what it’s all about right?

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:43 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
terror-kahn

im going to be completely honest .. i came back to this thread and saw that hassan and Jon were the ones posting, and immediately lost interest in anything that was said or might have been said here.

i didnt even read the responses

im not saying this to be mean at all, im simply being honest: the two of you are by far the biggest retards i think i've ever had misfortune of coming across... and im not talking like "these guys are just so annoyingly stupid!!" .. no, i really think you're both retarded. mentally retarded.

i've never tried making it a habit of arguing with mentally retarded individuals, and im not going to start now... i would say "go shoot yourselves" but im pretty sure neither have ever used a gun, own a gun, much less have any idea how to operate one.

best of luck to the two of you window licking degenerates.

http://www.youtube.com/ClanAbsoluteSynergy

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Jon;

i shouldn't be so harsh on this child-minded dummy , his ptsd is kicking in

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:08 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

lol the ron paul conspiracy theory retard saying that shit

quote:

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:19 pm 
Mackman

quote:
Originally posted by NachoCat

whoa whoa whoa.... this guy just brought God into this lol

You say there is no regard for human life and you are against gun control after something like this happens? Come on get real. How about you go explain to the parents of the murdered children why you think our gun laws are just fine. There is no coincidence that we live in a country that has little to no gun control and we have a mass shooting on the news every other week. When little kids are being murdered with assault weapons, entire families are destroyed, and you are sitting here saying that our gun laws are just fine. You really need to step back, look at the big picture, be honest with yourself and think about what you are really fighting for.

I went to the bushmaster website today to see just how easy it is to get an AR-15, similar to the one that was used. Did a search for authorized dealers in AZ. In Arizona alone there are 149 authorized dealers where I can get one. So I did a little research to see just how many authorized gun dealers there are in general for the state of AZ. OVER 1200. Over 1200 places to buy a gun in 1 state. For reference, there are about 350 McDonalds in the entire state. Something really wrong here.

Does mental health issues play a role? YES… Do we need to do something about that? YES the number one thing we need to control though is gun control. We cannot sit here and make weapons that are specifically made to kill easily accessible to anyone. There is no reason for it. If you can give me a good reason why someone with schizophrenia should be able to buy an assault rifle then please enlighten us with this profound wisdom of yours.

Less guns = less deaths. Pretty damn simple. Just because you have the right, does not mean it is right. And just because it has right to bear arms in the constitution does not mean we should abandon all common sense and morals to uphold an idea that was proposed centuries ago. No one is saying we should ban guns altogether, that not anywhere close to what people want. What we do want is control. No assault weapons for non police or military. Mandatory background checks. Waiting times on all guns. These are some pretty reasonable things to ask for. Will this stop all gun violence? Of course not. It will however take some guns off the streets and make it just a little more difficult to have access to weapons like this and It might just save a few lives and that’s what it’s all about right?

I did not say I was against any form of gun control. Being from NY we have the most stringent gun laws in the country, which is fine with me. I had to pass a throughout background check, references called, 9 month waiting period, the whole bit. I'm fine with all of that. I would never want someone being able to just walk down to the store, buy a gun with no background checks that would be insane. I completely favor background checks, even having the criteria expanded.. but I do not support a total ban on 'assault' rifles. Does that mean citizens should be able to buy 100 round magazines? No there is no need for that, I think a 10 round limit would suffice.

You made a solid point about availability of AR-15's. In fact I have been to a gun show before and saw where people were literally buying 4 or 5 at a time. With all these firearms out there, you would think it would be like the wild west but it really isn't. The vast majority of gun owners are responsible law abiding people. Lets not forget that this kid stole his moms guns, he couldn't of purchased them himself. Firstly hes underage and secondly once his psych history becomes apparent he probably would of failed the background check.

So I think this horrible tragedy goes back society and its acceptance of violence. We have had guns in this country since the beginning but yet the violence only seems to be recent. I would tie that with the sewer line from hollywood glamorizing violence to children, which I think you would agree with.

Also anyone with diagnosed schizophrenia should never be able to purchase any type of firearm. You actually believed that I thought that was ok?

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:35 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
The vast majority of gun owners are responsible law abiding people.

this is the dumbest anti gun control argument ever. most people who use prescription pain killers are also responsible law abiding people, but would you use that fact to argue that oxycontin should be available over the counter? most car owners are responsible law abiding people as well, should we not closely regulate the automobile industry? whether most people use them responsibly or not doesn't change the fact that some don't, and even "law abiding people" can be subject to accidents and poor judgement, so there's a clear public safety concern with all of these things that needs to be addressed by any responsible government. most people understand this with, for example, drugs, but when it comes to guns a certain portion of the population idiotically insists there is no public safety concern whatsoever (see idiots like tk arguing that firearm proliferation actually makes people safer)

anyway this conversation is stupid because you two already basically agree with each other that some level of regulation and control of firearms is necessary and that there should likely be new laws to strengthen that regulation (you saying high capacity magazines should be banned for civilian use)

Last edited by hassan-i-sabbah on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:26 pm 
turnsite

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah
quote:

this is the dumbest anti gun control argument ever. most people who use prescription pain killers are also responsible law abiding people, but would you use that fact to argue that oxycontin or heroin should be available over the counter?

anyway this conversation is stupid because you two already basically agree with each other that some level of regulation and control of firearms is necessary and that there should likely be new laws to strengthen that regulation (you saying high capacity magazines should be banned for civilian use)

false dichotomy lololoheheoheoh. take a logic course inbetween instead of listening to your industrial, experimental electronic music. you should seek to elevate these discussions.

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:29 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by turnsite
quote:
quote:

this is the dumbest anti gun control argument ever. most people who use prescription pain killers are also responsible law abiding people, but would you use that fact to argue that oxycontin or heroin should be available over the counter?

false dichotomy lololoheheoheoh. take a logic course inbetween instead of listening to your industrial, experimental electronic music. you should seek to elevate these discussions.

thanks for the fallacy flash card you came home from logic 101 with last night bro

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:30 pm 
turnsite

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by turnsite
quote:
quote:

thanks for the fallacy flash card you came home from logic 101 with last night bro

predictable response, tanks for probing me right

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:31 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

You're welcome.

quote:

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:31 pm 
turnsite

checkmate

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:35 pm 
-667-

quote:

apparently nobody has told you about the mass shootings in churches, malls, or movie theaters...

doesn't surprise me that your mind has trouble wrapping around the idea that schools aren't the only place mass shooting occur.

fact is, there are a lot more good people in this world than bad people. there are roughly 300 million guns currently in the u.s... only 1 in 26,000 of those guns will be used to commit a homicide. ONE IN TWENTY SIX THOUSAND.

if everyone who was able to pass a background check ( definitely no history of mental illness ) carried a concealed firearm, the bad guys who tried committing mass murder wouldn't get too far. it doesn't take a brain surgeon to grasp that very simple concept.. just someone with half a brain.

why don't you go do some research on switzerland's gun policy.

Essentially, you're a fucking moron.

Somehow you (while not now, but usually) base these absurd gunright rants around rights and not giving them away. Then you probably go on to state criminals will have gun regardless of laws. I think it kind of shows how fucking disconnected you are from reality when you assume people with mental problems would just happily go on to a doctor and "confess" their ailments when it would instantly mean they lose their freedoms. It's not like there's a stigma in mental health problems as is. Certainly everyone slightly depressed would instantly go see a doctor to forfeit their rights. It's pretty patronizing, actually. What kind of a smug dumb bastard would even say such things? I know, you would.

Secondly, when you talk about swiss gun policy (something you obviously have no idea about, you dumb bastard), you conveniently forget that the swiss have a conscription army, and you are to undergo extensive training in order to actually get a PERMIT for these firearms you have an erection over. It is by no means comparable to any sort of free gun policy. On the contrary, it's a very strict gun policy that demands a lot from the end user.

Thirdly, it's very amusing that you'd put out some absurd figure on total guns in the US without making any lines on why guns are used, and how they should be used. Hunting and owning a rifle for it is a tad different than someone like you (you know, a small penis and the need for compensation) owning basically what is a firearm with one purpose alone (to kill humans). You'll find that a large number of firearms contributes heavily to successive suicide rates, firearm accidents, etc. etc. but I guess those don't matter when you have those wild bill fantasies of shooting a pack of negroes trying to disrupt your waspian lifestyle.

I bet the next time round you'll post something witty about a militia revolt and the second amendment. I'd personally enjoy that, the idea of you getting gunned down by a bullet proof helicopter owned by an oppressive government warms my heart. Welcome to the 2000's.

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:52 pm 
Mackman

quote:
quote:

this is the dumbest anti gun control argument ever. most people who use prescription pain killers are also responsible law abiding people, but would you use that fact to argue that oxycontin should be available over the counter? most car owners are responsible law abiding people as well, should we not closely regulate the automobile industry? whether most people use them responsibly or not doesn't change the fact that some don't, and even "law abiding people" can be subject to accidents and poor judgement, so there's a clear public safety concern with all of these things that needs to be addressed by any responsible government. most people understand this with, for example, drugs, but when it comes to guns a certain portion of the population idiotically insists there is no public safety concern whatsoever (see idiots like tk arguing that firearm proliferation actually makes people safer)

It wasn't an anti-gun control argument, its a fact. No where am I suggesting you should be able to purchase firearms over the counter with no checks or regulations of any kind, that would be insane. Most people who are gun owners tend to get a bad rap in this regard.. no rational human being would want a gun to fall into the wrong hands and understands that there has to be safe guards in place, and even hardcore pro-NRA types agree with this.

I would gather that we agree with each other on this issue anyways. Maybe not to the same extent, but close.

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:49 pm 
7VlesSiah

The only guns that should be legal are 1 shot/1 bullet guns. Hunting, that is it.

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:39 am 
Ywfn

Sometimes I wonder what percentage of those that purchase guns for "home defense" get boners every night hoping, "Maybe tonight's the night!" when they finally get to blow away someone for breaking in.

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:26 pm 
7VlesSiah

Or their house gets broken into and all their guns get stolen. The USA is so fucked up. They arm the enemies they need protection against.

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:08 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by 7VlesSiah
Or their house gets broken into and all their guns get stolen. The USA is so fucked up. They arm the enemies they need protection against.

"That would never happen to me, I am a responsible gun owner" - every person who owns guns in the US, apparently no crimes are ever committed with them or persons hurt by legally purchased weapons ever

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:11 pm 
_Ataxia_

then this happened

and this

and

The constitutions of most of our States assert, that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves, ... or they may act by representatives, freely and equally chosen; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed; that they are entitled to freedom of person, freedom of religion, freedom of property, and freedom of the press.

BTW when considering stopping power, is there a significant difference between a 9mm, a 380, and a 38 special?

i'm looking to buy one for personal use.

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:22 pm 
Jon;

to kill yourself we hope

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 pm 
-667-

ataxia is a moron

not telling you anything you didn't already know but oh well

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:31 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by _Ataxia_
BTW when considering stopping power, is there a significant difference between a 9mm, a 380, and a 38 special?

the fact that a degenerate retard like you will most likely to be able to legally do this is a better argument for the brokenness of american gun control policy than anything posted so far

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:32 pm 
GenOciDe-

quote:
i have a 9mm that i carry with me everywhere i go.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:08 pm 
Mackman

quote:

A foolish uninformed opinion.

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:39 pm 
Mackman

quote:
Originally posted by _Ataxia_

PM me if you want an answer on that.

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:41 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
quote:

A foolish uninformed opinion.

how is that foolish or uninformed when thats almost exactly what happened a week ago, a "responsible gun owner" got killed with her own gun by her psycho son who then went on to murder 26 people and 20 fucking children with it. you fucking moron lol

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:44 pm