FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

12 vs 2: defense
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Scrubbolator

So stop talking about it and start doing it.

Post Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:47 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
DI-khBLOW

man

man. even if u did get ogres, 20 lv 5 grunts with 2 cats woudl rape 9 ogres. then its gg for u cuz the player(assuming hes any decent) will pump 3 or 4 rax grunts and ur run over. and btw, p stopping does blow. and i never rep rax in a 1v1 cuz based on probabilty its a nice waste of resources. and if u do rep rax in a 1v1 when ur at 12 or 2 ur just a newb who would get spanked by the comp. Gw.

Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 10:25 am 

k stunna

Post Tue Mar 18, 2003 5:20 pm 
]\/[esSiah

Re: man

quote:
Originally posted by DI-khBLOW
man. even if u did get ogres, 20 lv 5 grunts with 2 cats woudl rape 9 ogres. then its gg for u cuz the player(assuming hes any decent) will pump 3 or 4 rax grunts and ur run over. and btw, p stopping does blow. and i never rep rax in a 1v1 cuz based on probabilty its a nice waste of resources. and if u do rep rax in a 1v1 when ur at 12 or 2 ur just a newb who would get spanked by the comp. Gw.

How to beat a 2 hall:

I'll get 2 saps and 9 ogres and bam your dead. GW.

How to beat a lust fast:

I'd get 20 towers outside your base and take all the mines. GW.

How to beat an ogre rush:

I'll get lust and lvl 7 ogres and your owned. GW.

How to beat a 2 rax rush:

I'll get 18 lvl 5 ogres and your so owned it isn't funny. GW.

SOund rediculous doesn't it? well it is. We have all played against these strategies a lot of times and know our opponent isn't going to let us do anything without a fight. He certianly isn't going to bend over so you can rape him.

Post Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:55 am 
]\/[esSiah

quote:
Originally posted by ]\/[esSiah
quote:

How to beat a 2 hall:

How to beat a lust fast:

SOund rediculous doesn't it? well it is. We have all played against these strategies a lot of times and know our opponent isn't going to let us do anything without a fight. He certianly isn't going to bend over so you can rape him.

I'm a fag, ignore me

Post Wed Mar 19, 2003 8:09 pm 
DrBrendo

OK Messiah I think that strat sounds really thorough first of all.

Second why the hell is everyone so intend on saying it won;t work? is it because you didn't htink of it? why don't you all play against it before you shoot your mouths off.

Messiah I think you should go ahead and post a SS of your setup I'd like to get a better idea of how it works.

one thought though, how do you stop someone who's lusting once they find your Cannon tower, I'm sure I don't need to point out that the cannon put you far enough behind to give them an edge.

Post Thu Mar 20, 2003 1:56 pm 
Hiyah

]\/[esSiah

Post Thu Mar 20, 2003 4:10 pm 

quote:
Originally posted by ]\/[esSiah
quote:

How to beat a 2 hall:

How to beat a lust fast:

You sap a 2 hall ? =[

Post Sat Mar 22, 2003 2:41 pm 
]\/[esSiah

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous

You sap a 2 hall ? =[

"SOund rediculous doesn't it?"
I don't get 2 saps with 9 ogres to kill a 2 hall, nor do I get 18 lvl 5 ogres while my opponent is still grunt rushing, or any of the other things I said. I thought the point I was making was pretty clear.

Why is everyone so literal on the net? Christ.

Post Sat Mar 22, 2003 4:55 pm 
Tick

Any 1/2 decent player would just target the choke, who cares about the cannon of the peons fixing it or the cut out or the 19 peon hold. Anyone can argue forever about the insignificant dependent variables, fact is the player going all out tier1 will win in a 12/2 war.

Post Sat Apr 26, 2003 9:19 am 
Scrubbolator

quote:
Originally posted by DrBrendo
OK Messiah I think that strat sounds really thorough first of all.

Second why the hell is everyone so intend on saying it won;t work? is it because you didn't htink of it? why don't you all play against it before you shoot your mouths off.

Messiah I think you should go ahead and post a SS of your setup I'd like to get a better idea of how it works.

one thought though, how do you stop someone who's lusting once they find your Cannon tower, I'm sure I don't need to point out that the cannon put you far enough behind to give them an edge.

the reason people say it won't work is because it will not.
it's very easy to counter especially if you know someone is gonna do it

it might work once against a decent player but after that it will be beaten easily. so what's the point?

and i'd gladly play against it and post the replay after.

edits: typos cause i'm sleepy =[

Post Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
J1mm1e

lol

Hall
farm
rax
farm
smith
rax
farm
farm
mill
farm
up hall
xp
knight place
rax
rax
rax
farm
farm
uphall
mage
mage
farm
farm
xp
xp

And all during this you need about 15 peons at each xp, and 25 at ur main!

^tacky strat for pos,gow

Battle.net USEast- XOzArMSoN,Floy[D],WFCxOzZy,X-Destroyer,-=MS=-Archer,l)arkxBlue,Hummies(rTa),SoCxNewbie,RabiD-AS

USWest- HeavyGlow20,Lumbermill.,DSCxHeavyGlow20,J1mm1e,MPzSteeL

Post Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:40 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
AmishGangsta

If you did that to me you would never chop wood.

Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 3:26 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
JuStDoNtTrY

I just go....
Hall
Farm
Rax
Farm
Smith(shield,weapon,shield)(upgrade last weapon when @ oggies)
Farm
Farm
Rax
Farm
Farm
Mill
Upgrade to hold
Mound
Rax
Fort
Rax
Rax
Expo
Expo
Rax
Only works when vs DeaD.420. THE blowhard Wink

Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:26 am 
JuStDoNtTrY

I tried to do that strat messiah hmm took me a while to get setup just right but once i got it after 3rd 4th try.... GG i won easily raped opponent
Thx for the strat

Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:27 am 

quote:
Originally posted by JuStDoNtTrY
I tried to do that strat messiah hmm took me a while to get setup just right but once i got it after 3rd 4th try.... GG i won easily raped opponent
Thx for the strat

They see a cannon at 6 grunts, and immediately choke and rep a mill, with 2 cats following shortly. During this time you are low on resources as you're holding, and the rusher has a mill and is pumping peons. As the cats pop out, your hold is probably 1/2 done. A few more rounds of grunts from 2-3 rax, level 4-5 by now. 2 cats kill a cannon quickly, and the rushers mass of grunts chokes your front. After cannon is gone, push in with grunt choke and cats. If they didn't check for a chopout, they are worthless anyway.

How will you get around that?

Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:11 pm 
Eradicate

thoerycraft nuff said

http://www.RonPaul2008.com

Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:54 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
7VlesSiah

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous

They see a cannon at 6 grunts, and immediately choke and rep a mill, with 2 cats following shortly. During this time you are low on resources as you're holding, and the rusher has a mill and is pumping peons. As the cats pop out, your hold is probably 1/2 done. A few more rounds of grunts from 2-3 rax, level 4-5 by now. 2 cats kill a cannon quickly, and the rushers mass of grunts chokes your front. After cannon is gone, push in with grunt choke and cats. If they didn't check for a chopout, they are worthless anyway.

How will you get around that?

It is all a matter of timing. You say my hold is half done I say it is finished and I have 3 ogres being made or more done when your cat pops out. By the time it takes you to get over to 12 I have another 3.

It is all a question of fine timing and it is hard to argue with that unless you either mathematically work it out (pretty fucking hard to make a mathematical model of it) or you do it by trial and error. You've done neither. So thanks, but no thanks. Give some input when you actually have something to say. This is why I have stopped responding to this thread. I am pretty sure I could get it to work well but I've stopped playing war2.

Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:51 pm 
~UrAnu$

i go hall hall farm rax alter dk ROOSTSSSS

Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:39 am