FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

another war2 expansion

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic

another war2 expansion

COME ON! we need another war2 fix! The Guys at Blizzard can't seriously be so retarded as to NOT cash in on the huge fan base War2 holds!? can they?? i hope not!! seriously now, even if an expansion was put out with only 2 or 3 new units and 10 new maps, they would pull in more money then they are going to on StarCraft :Ghost.... Rolling Eyes so what the bloody hell is keeping them from putting out another expansion of war2?! i know they're "busy" wiht frozen throne and WOW, but AFTER that they've got nothing planed- so come on- who would buy one if it was put out???

and if so, what'd you like to see in the expansion?

Post Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:50 pm 
Wolverine

That'd screw up the story

soem what- but i'd think putting the Night Elves into the game for w2 would be sick- and a refreshing change to w2 games- all the strats would change, or adapt, new people would buy the game....WHY hasn't Blizzard already done it?!

Post Sat Mar 22, 2003 11:56 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Fast Luck

I think you overestimate the War2 fanbase, or underestimate the fanbases of their other games. There's no way they're going to release an expansion, although it might be kind of cool. They haven't even patched the game after their last patch screwed up the resource selection in what seems like a year ago.

Personally, I would like to see them release a new game on the War2 engine, something that a small team of just a few programmers makes and that they sell for only like $20. They would just have new units and buildings, maps and resources, it would be pretty cool.

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:49 pm 
JoKeR-Gosu

If you really wanted to you all could like email them suggestions and stuff for another expansion but I agree with Fast Luck's idea on having a new game that is similar to Warcraft2. But not exactly a Starcraft.

Post Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:11 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Fast Luck

quote:
Originally posted by JoKeR-Gosu
If you really wanted to you all could like email them suggestions and stuff for another expansion but I agree with Fast Luck's idea on having a new game that is similar to Warcraft2. But not exactly a Starcraft.
Which would be cool but equally unlikely. Sad
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:54 pm 
Hushashabega

They need a better editor to. You cant even change manna totals presently.

Post Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:53 pm 
LtEdge

WC updates

This is a real fantasy post. Updating WCII. I would pay full price for an update to WCII. But please... don't talk about adding new char and crap like that. If you want new char and a bunch of new capabilities... go to SC or WCIII. Update WCII... yes but do not lose its feel. Update the graphics just a little if you want but don't get carried away like in WCIII. I played it for about a month... what a piece of crap compared to WCII... no real characher or style of its own... it is trying to be everything to everyone.

The updates that would be nice to have... have been talked about a million times. I say just a few little changes here and there to keep this game the classic it is. Set rally points, give pallies a little auto healing upgrade option to offset lust, let allies share transports, a few other little changes like that and call it good... but no makeovers.

I played SC and WCIII... they can not hold a candle to WCII. And yes, my favorite car is a 1962 vet... I like rock&roll... and still use the word "cool man"... www.gamelinker.com

Post Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:26 pm 
idle sod

no... no add on or exp...

only a nice patch Wink

exorzism must have the skill to delet bloodlust in a little area Smile.

that is enough...

oh tower bug must be fixed...

island jumping peons...

pop out order fixed too ... oh no better not Smile ill miss the wall in guys Very Happy
and my fast 2 cat is gone...

but towerbug sucks....

Post Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:16 am 
Hushashabega

yes but you need more power in the editor. Even WCIII isent good enough with its costum units because there are no custom abilites.

Post Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:53 pm 
{Lashiec}

patch

the interchangeability of units between races breaks down with knights and ogres. Blizzard was trying to make them have opposite spell effects, eg a damage spell and a healing spell.

To balance the game blizzard should make the utility of healing equal to the utility of lust. Two ways of doing that really:
1. a regeneration type effect - knights regenerate hitpoints at a rate which would negate the extra damage of lust, for a set period of time
2. keep heal the same, but make it autocast like medics in BW

Of course blizzard probably wont invest the money to patch war2 anymore, no real point.

Post Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:01 am 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote