FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

dual

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
GhostRider

dual

Guys, what do u do if ur oppoennet duals inside ur home base? WTF DO YOU DO?

Post Thu Mar 20, 2003 8:33 am 
Scrubbolator

you mean inside his home base?

Post Thu Mar 20, 2003 10:04 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
DrBrendo

Oh OH!!
I hope he's asking about that rediculous stradegy where you go from 5 and build your all on top of 4!

what an idiotic strategy that is.

let's see, he's eons behind you, you scoot your little men out before he can block you and make a mill b4 he's even got his farm up, then you build 2 or 3 Gts to the left of your hall and go tower up wherever the moron descides he best expand to using the peon who built the lumber mill.

AHAHAHAHA I love these people!

Post Thu Mar 20, 2003 2:02 pm 
DrBrendo

tell me! tell me! I wanna make fun of this stradegy some more!

Post Fri Mar 21, 2003 11:42 am 

quote:
Originally posted by DrBrendo
Oh OH!!
I hope he's asking about that rediculous stradegy where you go from 5 and build your all on top of 4!

let's see, he's eons behind you, you scoot your little men out before he can block you and make a mill b4 he's even got his farm up, then you build 2 or 3 Gts to the left of your hall and go tower up wherever the moron descides he best expand to using the peon who built the lumber mill.

What if the guy who moved, seals 5 and seals his peons so they pop outside. He then gets a tower on 5's mine that you cannot kill with your own towers. He can then expands to 4 and makes sure, if you got a peon out, that you do not tower him and he stops any expansion.

Your strategy isn't exactly a cut and dry counter to this.

Post Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:09 pm 
DrBrendo

well, that's a pretty impossible scenario, since they can't seal 5 with just their hall, by the time they can get it closed up you should have 1-2 peons on the outside doing things. Such as... building a mill and building a farm, or towers.

You're missing the point, this stradegy is foolish because you are invariably way ahead of them. (just don't let ALL your peons get trapped in)

Post Fri Mar 28, 2003 11:46 am 
DrBrendo

oh yeah btw, worst case scenario, let's say they stick a cannon up above you, just get a catapult, you realize that it's the same 10000 gold and 10000 lumber both players are strating with.

and your opponent can't mine.

Post Fri Mar 28, 2003 11:47 am 
Picka_materina

quote:
oh yeah btw, worst case scenario, let's say they stick a cannon up above you, just get a catapult, you realize that it's the same 10000 gold and 10000 lumber both players are strating with.

SAY WHAT?

Post Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:39 pm 

quote:

The idea is that the guy who moved keeps his opponent from mining while he is mining 4. It takes the guy stuck in 5 a while to get a cat and the tower on 5 is a guard tower, not a cannon tower. Again, your strategy isn't a clear counter to this. My guess is that I could win 9/10 games against you moving from 4 to 5 if that is how you handle the situation.

you'd have a better chance if you got one guard up to protect yourself and tried to get a cat as soon as possible. Then, you destroyed the tower on 5's mine, use the cat offensively on 4.

Again, he still has a lot of options to counter this. Hardly a clear cut victory for the guy who started at 5.

Post Fri Mar 28, 2003 7:24 pm 
GenOciDe-

Cookbook

quote:
Oh OH!!

I'm sorri to say that you are completely ignorant if you think that is the best way to counter it. Here is a cookbook counter to an oppenent building thier hall in 5. First of all, your 1st peon should have scouted his hall when you go to build ur farm. Cancel your farm if he's there, and rebuild it to the right of the gold mine, 1 space down from the trees and 1 space to the left of his hall. He will probably throw his 1st farm beside ur hall ..planning on trapping you in. Don't worri about that, he's already dead Wink.
When that farm is done, put your mill right under your farm. Now, the poor guy has to build 4 walls to get that peon out. Add that onto his late hall and unless your not completely horrible like DB, tower up and scout for exp/other ot's etc..
Now press enter and begin trash talking.
Most of the time I can pull this off and still get a clean dual @ 4 if done properly.
Gg

Post Sun Mar 30, 2003 4:53 pm 
GenOciDe-

You can easily lose 5 if you want to be stupid about it. Dont' underestimate moving from 5/4 like some people.. i've won plenty of games doing it. If you want to kill 5 just make sure u use the tower bug and some good peon cntrl and hopefully the person @ 5's doesn't use that cook book against u. Very Happy

"he's eons behind you, you scoot your little men out before he can block you and make a mill b4 he's even got his farm up"

Throw your mill on the outside and any good player will wall 5 and kill it. Have fun up'ing 1/2 ct's while 4's mining untouched. If anything DOES go wrong ..I would fall back in 5 and keep my important buildings away from the towers ie. rax/smith/mill and cat ..but you could easily lose your hall and plenty of res doing that. =(

Just follow the cook book and you'll win 90% of the time.

Gg

Post Sun Mar 30, 2003 7:42 pm 
Tick

Moving from 5 to 4 is just retarded why not just move from 5 to s12. If someone moves from 4 -> 5 it dosent really matter wtf you make your shit all you need is 1 gt somewhere around your hall, he can make a gt's cannons whatever tf he wants. Point being 1 gt + 1 cat = gg

Post Sun Apr 27, 2003 7:09 am 

i used to always move from 4 to 5 and using my awesome unit control and neighbor war skills i could win more often than i would lose... but you do have a great disadvantage, i almost never move anymore though

Post Sun Apr 27, 2003 7:15 am 
Scrubbolator

^^^^

i posted that

Post Sun Apr 27, 2003 7:16 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Tick

haha scrubbl0rts~! i have to read this fucking forum cos i lent my monitor to my gf and i am stuck at uni every night b/c of exams next week. And mez = Dun0z~ for deleting my spams from his forum

Post Sun Apr 27, 2003 7:23 am 
Scrubbolator

yeh i agree mez is teh new

Post Sun Apr 27, 2003 9:03 am