FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> General Discussion

Dirty D

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Scrub

Dirty D

Lions scrubbed the saints, refs tried couldn't help it. I had em at 10-6 but they lost to Carolina n buffalo (on kicks) so they're 9-7 right now. Playoffs worthy.

Tldr; I love my team, fix our o-line tho. This isn't reddit fuck.. Wink

Post Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:17 pm 
Sypher

We got lucky. We shouldn't have won that game. We were absolutely flat for 3 quarters. No depth behind Calvin/Tate. Can't establish run with our O-Line being so shitty. Aside from a fluky game against Aaron Rodgers, this is the first time we played a top tier quarterback. Holes were exposed. Coverage broke down several times.

If we make the playoffs, we will get smoked first 1st round.

Stafford sucks and is gonna get his receivers killed. You can already argue that he is the reason why Calvin has been battling injuries the past couple years.

E: we have the talent to go 11-5, but i won't be surprised if we finish 8-8 because of Fatt Stafford.

Post Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:52 am 
Fast Luck

quote:
Originally posted by Sypher
E: we have the talent to go 11-5, but i won't be surprised if we finish 8-8 because of Fatt Stafford.
dont body shame
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:59 am 
RamJam

Stafford's not good imo, and it really shows when Calvin isn't playing. You shouldn't absolutely need one of the best receievers in the league to be effective on offense. I don't know what we're suppose to do though because he's good enough to where it's not worth the risk/cost of getting a new quarterback.

Post Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:07 pm 
Scrub

More qb haters, staffords amazing. He's not elite.. but have you watched the lions for 20 plus yrs? He's our best ever n he gets it done. O lin n coverage is key this yr. Wait till cj gets back, now every1 worried about tate.. this reminds me of the Vikings with carter n moss.. yeehaw.

Post Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:26 pm 
Scrub

Who's dick are you sucking? Scott Mitchels? Harringtons? Jesus christ n you live in the D lol

http://youtu.be/ugA8G4rv_8g

Get bent. 21 years old, been a fan since.

Post Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:33 pm 
RamJam

I don't really see what a couple highlights proves. He has a hell of an arm, but consistency is what really matters for a quarterback, and just because he's the best quarterback we've had in over 20 years doesn't make him great. I'm older than you, and I have been watching the lions since I can remember so I don't even know what you are saying.

Last edited by RamJam on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:42 pm 
Scrub

What I'm saying is when is the QB gonna stop being blamed. Staffords thrown for 5k yards, has set records, has a 76% competition this yr, theg won't let him throw deep without calvin. 4th quarter huts, he gets to run his offense n he wins almost everytime. Let this guy run center.

Post Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:46 pm 
Sypher

quote:
Originally posted by Scrub
What I'm saying is when is the QB gonna stop being blamed. Staffords thrown for 5k yards, has set records, has a 76% competition this yr, theg won't let him throw deep without calvin. 4th quarter huts, he gets to run his offense n he wins almost everytime. Let this guy run center.

Stafford is something like 2-28 vs teams with winning records. How the fuck is he good? TWO AND TWENTY EIGHT.

I agree, Stafford is the best QB we have had in a long time, but that doesn't make him a SB contender. Of course he is gonna set records with Calvin on his team. If you can hit a two car garage, Calvin can catch your pass. Like RamJam has said - Stafford is extremely inconsistent and constantly puts his receivers in harms way. How many times has Calvin got crushed mid air by two corners/safeties because he has to jump for a shitty pass.

Stafford makes bad decisions. I will say that his decision making and footwork has improved this year with the new coaching staff, but he still has a lot of improving to do. (Not to mention a stronger o-line)

Post Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:21 pm 
RamJam

Raw yardage means nothing to me when we were a ~70% pass offense when Stafford put up a lot of his yardage and we were typically playing from behind. As Sypher said he also has arguably the GOAT WR to throw to. His best year was 2011 and he was far from elite status that year in terms of efficiency (he couldn't even surpass Peyton's career average rating in the best season of his career.)

I'm not sure where you're getting that 75% from but here are his efficiency numbers this year.

63.1% completion - 22nd in the league
9 touchdowns - 18th
87.9 QB rating - 24th

The only reason he's top 10 in yardage all the time, which even Jon Kitna was when he played for us, is because we literally never have a rushing game and focus mainly on our passing game.

He's definitely the best QB we've had in the last 20 years, but compared to all the starting QBs in the NFL he's pretty mediocre.

I never said we should find a new quarterback but calling him amazing is a joke. I could easily name 12 quarterbacks I'd rather have than him right now, and 6-8 more who are probably just as good.

Post Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:09 am 
Sypher

Lions gifted another win. lol. Ugly but exciting.

Post Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:29 pm 
Scrub

Next 2 weeks will be tough, but he did it again. Smile

Hopefully Stanton blows it for AZ.

Post Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:36 pm 
RamJam

Our defense was incredible last game. They had to start at our 3 yard line to get their only touchdown. If our offense can step it up we have a really good chance at winning the next two.

btw is our holder just bad or something? Prater's suppose to be the best kicker in the NFL and he missed another one he should have made easily. That kick was only blocked because it was really low.

Post Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:52 am 
Scrub

Hanon curse.

Post Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:02 pm