FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> General Discussion

Wasteland 2

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Kith-Kanin

Wasteland 2

So yeah, it's ok. Not nearly as impressive as Divinity: Original Sin.

It has me worried about inExile's other big project.

Post Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
hassan-i-sabbah

Yeah I read bad things. Disappointing Sad pillars is still this year tho.

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:06 pm 
Kith-Kanin

It's not TERRRRIBLE, per say, but definitely not a must have. Better to wait until it's about $5.99 or get it for free if that's your thing.

I would consider the remake of X-COM better than it for battles and stuff, but Wasteland 2 does have a more interesting story.

Post Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:19 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
hassan-i-sabbah

after playing it awhile longer what are your impressions kith? to be honest i was kind of discouraged by "combat worse than x-com," because i thought the x-com remake was pretty crappy. the main thing i was hoping for in this game was an interesting world and story to explore and engage with but from what i've read a lot of it is kind of lifeless and boring, and the quests don't really offer a lot of interesting choices and solutions with a lot of skills being kind of useless. anything worthwhile and fun about it at all?

edit: looking at your steam profile it looks like you've played less than 8 hours of it and haven't played since 9/25 so i guess that answers my question ;_; hopefully they are receptive to feedback from players and spruce it up with a patch or dlc or something. makes me concerned about torment 2, aren't the same guys doing that one?

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:02 am 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah
after playing it awhile longer what are your impressions kith? to be honest i was kind of discouraged by "combat worse than x-com," because i thought the x-com remake was pretty crappy. the main thing i was hoping for in this game was an interesting world and story to explore and engage with but from what i've read a lot of it is kind of lifeless and boring, and the quests don't really offer a lot of interesting choices and solutions with a lot of skills being kind of useless. anything worthwhile and fun about it at all?

edit: looking at your steam profile it looks like you've played less than 8 hours of it and haven't played since 9/25 so i guess that answers my question ;_; hopefully they are receptive to feedback from players and spruce it up with a patch or dlc or something. makes me concerned about torment 2, aren't the same guys doing that one?

Yeah I just haven't had the desire to load it up. It just doesn't pull me back in. Eventually I'll load it up again but right now I don't have a compelling reason to go back to it.

Post Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:56 pm