FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> General Discussion

Last Movie You Saw
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 138, 139, 140
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
7VlesSiah

quote:
Originally posted by Aerasal
I never read the book but the premise for ender's game is insultingly stupid. why would children with undeveloped brains ever be better commanders than young adults?

Why are the best video gamers in the world children? Also, many of the children in the book were genetically engineered kids.

Post Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:05 pm 
Aerasal

quote:
Originally posted by 7VlesSiah
quote:
I never read the book but the premise for ender's game is insultingly stupid. why would children with undeveloped brains ever be better commanders than young adults?

Why are the best video gamers in the world children? Also, many of the children in the book were genetically engineered kids.

the best video gamers in the world aren't children, they are at least older teenagers (young adults like I said). and they are the best at video games requiring fast reflexes and twitch skills. so it might make more sense if they used 17-20 year olds, if for whatever reason that made them great commanders, not 12 year olds or children. even still, that that age group still probably wouldn't make the best commanders, unless their job was to micro lings.

Post Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:13 pm 
7VlesSiah

quote:
quote:
quote:

the best video gamers in the world aren't children, they are at least older teenagers (young adults like I said). and they are the best at video games requiring fast reflexes and twitch skills. so it might make more sense if they used 17-20 year olds, if for whatever reason that made them great commanders, not 12 year olds or children. even still, that that age group still probably wouldn't make the best commanders, unless their job was to micro lings.

You are guessing and nit picking at things that are explainable. You are right though, he should have rewrote Starship Troopers. It would have been a far more interesting book.

Post Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:42 pm 
Aerasal

I don't see how it's nitpicking when the entire premise is ridiculous. why didn't they raise and train turtles to be commanders?

oh, the premise is silly so I'm arguing he should have written an already existing book. what

Post Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:50 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

its a bad book

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:13 pm 
7VlesSiah

Well it won many awards and so did Speaker for the Dead. So I guess I'll have to take your fine judgment over my own and the critics.

Post Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:13 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Well it won many awards and so did Speaker for the Dead. So I guess I'll have to take your fine judgment over my own and the critics.

yes, you probably should
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:53 am 
smurf_king

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by smurf_king
quote:
Originally posted by ~Dakine..HeX
i watched the lego movie recently, it was really good!

the last episode of game of thrones was also a pretty good movie

last episode of GoT is possibly the worst episode of all 4 seasons. pretty stupid. and probably the cause im gonna stop watching GoT.

Really?

yes, the episode defies common sense, defies logic. all for the sake of getting closure on the many plots..

the tyrian lannister:

his brother opens his cell.

and this imp, the most sought over person on whole westeros gets from his cell to the hand of the king's private chambers unnoticed. give me a break.

secondly.

the brienne, the hound and arya.

arya tells brienne, in a very solid form, that shes going nowhere with her, but she decides to fight the hound, and what was she gonna do? take arya and tie her up to take her against her will? isnt she friendly towards the starks? i never understood this whole thing, was stupid.

i honestly would rather have all this issues addressed in the next season rather than watching idiotic nonsense of finale.

i havent read the books but id swear it isnt as bad as this in the books.

also lol at tyrion finding his gf in bed with tywin.

the only thing i kinda liked was bran vs the skelletons and shit

Post Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:57 pm 
Sentinel

like two years ago, maybe more, chrislui had a huge boner for Picnic at Hanging Rock. I read about it and for two years I thought it sounded interesting and have wanted to watch it. Finally did, disappointing.

First 30 minutes were cool, whole movie was well-shot, but didnt dig it. I dont really understand what the movie was trying to do. I would have been cool with the beauty and strange atmosphere of the first part, even without solid plot points and normal progression, but that kinda faded away and it was just a bunch of shit. I guess I read its often interpreted as an extended metaphor for discovering ones sexuality or some shit, but fuck that noise.

Post Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:53 pm 
_Ataxia_

shocking Shocked

Post Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:56 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by Sentinel
like two years ago, maybe more, chrislui had a huge boner for Picnic at Hanging Rock. I read about it and for two years I thought it sounded interesting and have wanted to watch it. Finally did, disappointing.

First 30 minutes were cool, whole movie was well-shot, but didnt dig it. I dont really understand what the movie was trying to do. I would have been cool with the beauty and strange atmosphere of the first part, even without solid plot points and normal progression, but that kinda faded away and it was just a bunch of shit. I guess I read its often interpreted as an extended metaphor for discovering ones sexuality or some shit, but fuck that noise.

i didnt like it a whole lot either to be honest, but i saw it over 10 years ago so maybe i should give it another watch

Post Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:48 am 
~Dakine..HeX

quote:

yes, the episode defies common sense, defies logic. all for the sake of getting closure on the many plots..

the tyrian lannister:

his brother opens his cell.

and this imp, the most sought over person on whole westeros gets from his cell to the hand of the king's private chambers unnoticed. give me a break.

secondly.

the brienne, the hound and arya.

arya tells brienne, in a very solid form, that shes going nowhere with her, but she decides to fight the hound, and what was she gonna do? take arya and tie her up to take her against her will? isnt she friendly towards the starks? i never understood this whole thing, was stupid.

i honestly would rather have all this issues addressed in the next season rather than watching idiotic nonsense of finale.

i havent read the books but id swear it isnt as bad as this in the books.

also lol at tyrion finding his gf in bed with tywin.

the only thing i kinda liked was bran vs the skelletons and shit

his brother is the captain of the Kingsguard, not just a member but literally the head guy in charge of castle security, with his help and Varys' help (the eunuch with tons of connections everywhere), Tyrion could easily be smuggled out of Kings Landing. Its like if the Secret Service wanted to smuggle you out of Washington DC, it wouldnt be too big a problem.

brienne has made a solemn oath to the gods to protect the Stark children as she was in sworn service to Catelyn Stark, who died. WHen she sees arya with the hound, her first instinct is that the Hound is a bad evil murderer and she needs to remove Arya from his company. The audience knows that the Hound is actually not so bad of a guy and was treating Arya well, but Brienne doesnt know that. She only knows that she made a promise and the gods will not forget that.

its funny that you liked the part of bran and the skeletons, because i dont think that skeleton fireballing scene ever happened in the books. But I liked that part too, bran is my favorite character

Post Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:42 am 
smurf_king

quote:

his brother is the captain of the Kingsguard, not just a member but literally the head guy in charge of castle security, with his help and Varys' help (the eunuch with tons of connections everywhere), Tyrion could easily be smuggled out of Kings Landing. Its like if the Secret Service wanted to smuggle you out of Washington DC, it wouldnt be too big a problem.

yes but jaime let his brother out of the jail. he wasn't aware nor involved in tyrions plan on getting to his fathers chambers, neither did varys. tyrion did that alone.

the plan was to smuggle tyrion out of kings landing, not to the hand of the king chambers Razz

also. i forgot to mention, it is plain ridiculous that tyrion murdered shae. tyrion character is portrayed throughout whole seasons as the most reasonable centered man in westeros, this being said, he would of know why shae did what she did.

im very interested in reading how this develops in the books cuz this just feels like the show storyplotter (George R R Martin?) just added that shae part as kind of adding the drop that spilled the cup to have tyrion murder tywin. (her gf fucking his dad and sh.it)

--i know tyrion kills tywin in the books, thats a fact. but im almost sure the shit develops way differently, more coherently probably Razz ---

i could understand the brienne part, somehow.... point is understable. being arya is still under-age and brienne just acting protective.... not that that matters in a middle-age-kind of environment? I still think brienne could've reacted differently, like surprised that arya was decisive not going with her.

they all could've reasoned this one out. kind of think the fight was unnecessary.

p.s. ill eventually read the books, but i want to start reading from start. not spoil it at middle just to compare to tv, Razz

Post Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:53 am 
SoCxEcLiPzE

quote:
quote:

yes but jaime let his brother out of the jail. he wasn't aware nor involved in tyrions plan on getting to his fathers chambers, neither did varys. tyrion did that alone.

the plan was to smuggle tyrion out of kings landing, not to the hand of the king chambers Razz

also. i forgot to mention, it is plain ridiculous that tyrion murdered shae. tyrion character is portrayed throughout whole seasons as the most reasonable centered man in westeros, this being said, he would of know why shae did what she did.

im very interested in reading how this develops in the books cuz this just feels like the show storyplotter (George R R Martin?) just added that shae part as kind of adding the drop that spilled the cup to have tyrion murder tywin. (her gf fucking his dad and sh.it)

--i know tyrion kills tywin in the books, thats a fact. but im almost sure the shit develops way differently, more coherently probably Razz ---

i could understand the brienne part, somehow.... point is understable. being arya is still under-age and brienne just acting protective.... not that that matters in a middle-age-kind of environment? I still think brienne could've reacted differently, like surprised that arya was decisive not going with her.

they all could've reasoned this one out. kind of think the fight was unnecessary.

p.s. ill eventually read the books, but i want to start reading from start. not spoil it at middle just to compare to tv, Razz

huh? what are your questions? I've read the books and know them quite well. Ask away. (I don't want to skim this entire thread)

Post Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:46 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Aerasal

quote:
quote:

the biggest reason tyrion murdered tywin in the books was because of tysha, something they completely skipped over in the show. tyrion asked where she went and tywin said "wherever whores go". tyrion then shot him.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Tysha

book shae never cared for tyrion and was using him the entire time. when he was charged with the murder she turned on him without any hesitation. he found her in tywin's bed chamber giving no shits about him being executed. she doesn't try to attack him like in the show. she starts her act and says "my lion" something (she called him this frequently in the past). this enrages tyrion and he chokes her to death.

Post Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:36 pm 
_Ataxia_

quote:
quote:
quote:

the biggest reason tyrion murdered tywin in the books was because of tysha, something they completely skipped over in the show. tyrion asked where she went and tywin said "wherever whores go". tyrion then shot him.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Tysha

book shae never cared for tyrion and was using him the entire time. when he was charged with the murder she turned on him without any hesitation. he found her in tywin's bed chamber giving no shits about him being executed. she doesn't try to attack him like in the show. she starts her act and says "my lion" something (she called him this frequently in the past). this enrages tyrion and he chokes her to death.

tyrion used varys spy tunnels, which nobody even knew were there. jamie let him out because he loved his brother and didnt believe him guilty. shay was developed differently as a character in the show than the book. also, by this time in the books the hound is already dead, arya is getting on a ship, and Bria is on a journey to an abandoned castle where she kills two people for the first time, never meets hound or arya.

oh in the books also there is this very important element that apparently isn't mentioned in the show, or is it? i think tyrion and his bodyguard talk about this?? tywin had tyrion's first love and wife gangraped by a barracks of soldiers while he made him watch, paying her 1 silver per a man. then he forces tyrion to fuck her as well and pays her 1 gold. jamie was used as part of the deception to make tyrion think his wife had really just been a whore hired by jamie. when jamie lets tyrion go he tells him the truth, that his wife had really loved him, which is the catalyst sending tyrion to kill tywin and shae and tell jamie that he had killed his son.

Post Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:16 pm 
Aerasal

the hound probably won't ever show up again in the books and is for all extensive purposes dead or gone, but it's highly eluded to that he's not actually dead.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Gravedigger/Theories

Post Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:08 pm 
Aerasal

everything about tysha is in that link i posted if you haven't read the books or forgot details. tyrion talks to bronn about her in the books, but i'm fairly certain she isn't mentioned a single time in the show. tyrion killing tywin is foreshadowed in their conversation:

After Tyrion is finished his tale Bronn states that he would have killed the man who did that to him and Tyrion remarks that he might yet; a Lannister always pays his debts.

Post Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:10 pm 
smurf_king

ahh

tyrion using varys tunnels this is what im talking about,, more coherent story.
cool.

and lol at brienne killing his 2 first men hehehe

Post Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:30 am 
SoCxEcLiPzE

quote:
the hound probably won't ever show up again in the books and is for all extensive purposes dead or gone, but it's highly eluded to that he's not actually dead.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Gravedigger/Theories

He already has shown back up. It's an unconfirmed theory, but it's one I believe. Smile

Post Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:08 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Jon;

any of u watched the first christopher nolan movie, Following? it owns

Post Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:43 am 
turtleman@can

Are You Here
good movie, kind of a comedy/drama on the surface but I found it has a lot of depth in interpreting the message it's trying to give

Post Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:27 pm 
ChrisLui

Interstellar will be shit. Uses an environmental disaster (not caused by humans, of course) as the starting point for an insular family drama and feel-good romp about the triumph of the human spirit. Look at this guy...

Post Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:49 pm 
Fast Luck

well when you put it that way it definitely sounds like it will be shit. and i havent seen it. but i still want to give it a chance... ive liked enough christopher nolan stuff, i literally had real enjoyment watching inception, batman ehh it was pretty good, i think the prestige isnt supposed to be great but i liked that too. so im Giving it a shot

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:16 pm 
smurf_king

Interstellar is good. Not oscar-winning. Rather slow and long.... feel like story could be told in less time, got me lost some parts in the beginning, but good overall. You'd want to read a bit about relativity, dimensions and gravity before watching as the main argument is a bit complex but scientific, its good.., I give it 7.5 out of 10, and hell, apocaliptic sci-fi is my fav genre..... would I see it again? No.., not in the near-time future...

Post Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:36 am 
Sappy

interstellar looks like shit

saw nightcrawler the other night. it was entertaining--jake gyllenhaal was like a mix of jim carrey doing andy kauffman in man on the moon and bale in american psycho in terms of cadence. one of of the best movies i've seen recently in terms of entertainment value.

Post Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:47 pm