FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

Mechanical keyboard

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Paper_Boy

Mechanical keyboard

While playing spb I spilled soda all over my keyboard, I got spb'd in real life! My back up keyboard is really shitty, when i press one button it ˙sometimes disregards the other button i'm pressing, making it very clunky and ghetto for gaming. It looks like true anti ghosting may make everything more fluid. Don't really give a shit about macros, backlight or wireless. (although the solar keyboards seem cool if they can make them ergonomic).. I see they even make washable keyboards you can dunk in water now.. Red or brown switches seem like they provide the best actuation point if you type and game a lot... Anyone have any idears which ones work best? I see the prices range from 80-300.... So far Das Keyboard or Vengeance k90 look sexiest for 140

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:04 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Shotgun_

Re: Mechanical keyboard

quote:
Originally posted by Paper_Boy
While playing spb I spilled soda all over my keyboard, I got spb'd in real life! My back up keyboard is really shitty, when i press one button it ˙sometimes disregards the other button i'm pressing, making it very clunky and ghetto for gaming. It looks like true anti ghosting may make everything more fluid. Don't really give a shit about macros, backlight or wireless. (although the solar keyboards seem cool if they can make them ergonomic).. I see they even make washable keyboards you can dunk in water now.. Red or brown switches seem like they provide the best actuation point if you type and game a lot... Anyone have any idears which ones work best? I see the prices range from 80-300.... So far Das Keyboard or Vengeance k90 look sexiest for 140

No Idear

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:58 am 
foonat

i hear equinox is an expert on keyboards, maybe he can help

quote:
Originally posted by smurf_king

i rather be a pedophile than a homo

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:50 am 
Shotgun_

hahaha paperboy keyboard will soon wrote 5 gold brain

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:22 am 
Sypher

My Steelseries 6gv2 is very nice and reliable. I have had it for about 2 years now and no signs of it giving out. hard to beat the price as well.

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:56 pm 
GenOciDe-

quote:
I tend to thougoughly enjoy my encounters significantly more with 120+ types, as I find them more stimulating. 100-110 people are okay too operating at full capacity.

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:21 pm 
turtleman@can

i've been using http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/keyboards/quickfirepro/

80 bucks.. it's a pretty epic keyboard.

Post Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:20 am 
Allstar

i have a cm storm quickfire also, great kb

Post Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:54 am 
turtleman@can

quote:
Originally posted by Sypher
My Steelseries 6gv2 is very nice and reliable. I have had it for about 2 years now and no signs of it giving out. hard to beat the price as well.

I actually bought this kb before my quickfire but i returned it because the shift key is small and it annoyed the hell out of me

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:46 am 
turtleman@can

quote:
Originally posted by Allstar
i have a cm storm quickfire also, great kb

yeah they've got some good mice too.. i bought a CM Storm Spawn gaming mouse, I think I paid 25 bucks for it and I love it

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:49 am 
Allstar

any advice on affordable headsets? i bought the one that was talked about before, the um.. turtle beach piece of shit. it sounds terrible, and my 6 year old stepped on it and it fell to pieces. my $7 earbuds for my phone have more bass than that thing had, around $50? anyone?

Post Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:21 pm 
7VlesSiah

quote:

I spilt beer on my old mechanical keyboard and it was fucked. All the keys stuck.

I spilt beer on my new mechanical keyboard and the ctrl key is fucked now. It sticks when I play. I find if I take the key off, dip my finger in water, then press the key switch a few time, it loosens it up.

I don't think there is a way to really get into the switches to fix it.

The long and short of it, once your keyboard dries your keys will function but the switches will stick. Suggest using a hair dryer on it to speed it up.

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:59 pm 
stoned@chayliss

quote:

where is the quote pb had about iq differences etc..
quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
Top quality trolling Chayliss. Hat tip to you
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkz102
also in this post - special shout out to my boy chay

Post Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:49 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote