FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

Shazm, question about edmonton

Author    Thread Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Kith-Kanin

Shazm, question about edmonton

Hey dude, my fiancee and I are moving there this summer... what parts of Edmonton should we stay away from? Gangs, crime etc etc... I'm here now, april 17th, and I drove around and I've got a decent idea of what areas are ok, but I' just curious what you have to say since you live here.

Post Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:58 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
cracky

shazm hacks

Post Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:26 pm 
TyLeX

edmontons oilers stadium...

Post Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:04 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
$hazm

There are alot of bad areas in town really. It depends on what your looking for, how much your willing to spend, and where you will be working. If i were you i would avoid downtown and the surrounding area all together. also anything on stony plain road you should try to steer clear of.

The main areas you have to stay away from are anything on 107ave, 118ave, and 97 street, any close by there.

Your best bet is to hit the outskirts of town. There are new devlopments going up in the north, south, and west ends of edmontons. Nice little subdivisions that i would highly recommend where everything is brand new, and nothing is trash. I work in construction so i see these things every day. I personally prefer the north end but thats cause its near my work (our shop is in st.albert) For about roughly $1000/month you can get a nice brand new 2 bedroom apt with washer/dryer/fridge/stove/dishwasher. If you can afford it this is 100% the way to go, and if your living in edmonton and working in construction then trust me, you can afford it.

They are also selling apartment style condos left and right. Its the latest fad in edmonton and they are going up EVERYWHERE. For about $150,000 you can get a nice brand new 2 bedroom condo, and the financing is SUPER easy to get. For about 99k-109k you can get a 1 bedroom. Even with bad credit if you have a good job you will most likely get a morgage for one of these. If you are looking to go the house route get ready to shell out $250K, cause the prices are skyrocketing. The only good thing is if you spend $250K now, it will be worth 350-400 in 2 years. Same thing goes, try one of the new subdivisions going up on the outskirts of town. I really like the oxfords for anything, apt, condo, or house. They are along 127 st and like 150-160 ave. Its a great area.

If your looking for somthing a little cheaper, I would try the castle downs area in the north, or the millwoods area in the south (or somewhere near southgate or along gateway blv.) In the west end there is alot of decent cheaper apartments around the west edmonton mall area, or for the east check out cappalino (probably spelled that wrong) area.

Post Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:10 pm 
$hazm

Check out oxford mews. They are perfect for you if your renting. $1000/month

http://tinyurl.com/mrnqrwf

You can be my neighbour.

Last edited by $hazm on Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:20 pm; edited 3 times in total

Post Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:12 pm 
$hazm

I got the day off tommorrow you should send me a line man, we can go grab a bite or somthing. I can take the woman along too if your girl is with you, she teaches some special needs class or somthing but she is off at around 3 normally.

Post Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:13 pm 
Kith-Kanin

I ended up going to Bonnyville staying with my dad who's working there for a bit, then driving back down to Regina and I'm working out of Local 179 at the Husky plant in Lloydminster. 12 days on 2 days off, 10-12 hr days with 85bucks a day for living out allowance. I expect to take home 15-20k in the next couple months.

About Edmonton:

My fiancee and I are planning on renting to start with as I want to finish paying off my car this summer and we have a wedding to pay for in the next year as well. But I was looking on Rentedmonton.com and it had some decent duplexes like 900-1300 sq ft for like 800-1000 with washer dryer and utilities included. I just didn't want to get a shitty crime infested neighbourhood because if I'm out of town during the week I want her to feel like she's in a safe neighbourhood.
We're moving there in July so once we get settled I'll look ya up. I'm planning on transferring into Local 488 anyways and then probably pursuing my welding tickets.
My dad's making 10k a week right now, clear, welding so... fuck pipefitting. =/

Anyways thanks for the info. Will look into it a bit more. I should have internet in Lloyd. Just posting this from Regina right now, had to go do a drug/piss test so I can get into the Husky plant. *yawn*
Oh well, ciao.

Post Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:03 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
GaNzTheLegend

quote:
Originally posted by cracky. [HomerOwnzu@Heat]
shazm hacks

Post Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:21 pm 
TheSilverPoNy

Regina is like two hours away from where I live. A bunch of my friends are living there. Been to any of the bars?

Post Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:32 pm 
$hazm

Nice, just got back from Lloyd myself. I am there once or twice a month doing a job. They say its supposed to be the third best city in alberta to live in, but i am kind of sick at it. We stay at the tropicania and EVERY single time we have been there there's been some kind of problem. Only good thing about it is the bountiful beef ribs in the tony romas downstairs.

Anyway man edmontons a great city i am sure you'll love it here. Like i said, if you don't mind living in the north end, check out the oxford mews i just linked you too. I checked out what seems like every apartment/townhouse in the city and that is by far the nicest for the price, and its in a great neighbourhood. You won't get any safer than that. Plus theres a huge brand new YMCA just down the road thats got a great weight room and pool, plus a ton of other stuff. Anyway good luck man.

Post Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:33 pm 
$hazm

quote:
Originally posted by $hazm
There are alot of bad areas in town really. It depends on what your looking for, how much your willing to spend, and where you will be working. If i were you i would avoid downtown and the surrounding area all together. also anything on stony plain road you should try to steer clear of.

The main areas you have to stay away from are anything on 107ave, 118ave, and 97 street, any close by there.

Your best bet is to hit the outskirts of town. There are new devlopments going up in the north, south, and west ends of edmontons. Nice little subdivisions that i would highly recommend where everything is brand new, and nothing is trash. I work in construction so i see these things every day. I personally prefer the north end but thats cause its near my work (our shop is in st.albert) For about roughly $1000/month you can get a nice brand new 2 bedroom apt with washer/dryer/fridge/stove/dishwasher. If you can afford it this is 100% the way to go, and if your living in edmonton and working in construction then trust me, you can afford it.

They are also selling apartment style condos left and right. Its the latest fad in edmonton and they are going up EVERYWHERE. For about $150,000 you can get a nice brand new 2 bedroom condo, and the financing is SUPER easy to get. For about 99k-109k you can get a 1 bedroom. Even with bad credit if you have a good job you will most likely get a morgage for one of these. If you are looking to go the house route get ready to shell out $250K, cause the prices are skyrocketing. The only good thing is if you spend $250K now, it will be worth 350-400 in 2 years. Same thing goes, try one of the new subdivisions going up on the outskirts of town. I really like the oxfords for anything, apt, condo, or house. They are along 127 st and like 150-160 ave. Its a great area.

If your looking for somthing a little cheaper, I would try the castle downs area in the north, or the millwoods area in the south (or somewhere near southgate or along gateway blv.) In the west end there is alot of decent cheaper apartments around the west edmonton mall area, or for the east check out cappalino (probably spelled that wrong) area.

Did you ever do this? I did. I made 130k tax free in the boom of 08. I would have thought you would be more respectful to someone who offered you such sound financial advice and potentially made you a lot of money. Does my penis really offend you so much you lost the ability for common courtesy?

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:19 am 
Fast Luck

mental health quarantine zone

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:22 am