FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> General Discussion

Watching War2

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
viperblade

Watching War2

Been spending a lot of time in the last couple days playing war2, been very fun and obviously the game is far from dead as some were claiming on the 24-7 forum not too long ago. Every day I am able to find lots of good old players and some of the new upshoots are getting very good as well. Sorting out games can even be difficult at times because of all the people simutaniously negotiating for a game in chat. Makes things interesting. Afer taking the time to setup a game, say a 2v2 with some "big name" players, invariably someone in chat shouts "host melee" and then joins the game demanding to watch. Most of the time I don't mind having a watcher but I hate having people invite themselves into a game refusing to leave even after being asked. Hosts are usually reluctant to boot their friends but a watcher should never take precidence over a player's preference. I have even been called a hacker because I prefer just having players in my games, as if I want to dodge a wacher so they won't "catch" me hacking. If a player wants to watch for a valid reason , ie. SacK at work, someone taking a break from play to eat, a player who wants to play but we are stuck with an odd number, those are all legit reasons to watch, but please don't invite yourself into my games and demand to watch, I find it annoying.

Post Thu Oct 12, 2000 6:55 pm 
MoRpHiuS

Watching War2

Yeah no doubt =)

Post Thu Oct 12, 2000 7:07 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
chayliss

Watching War2

chayliss has joined the game.

chayliss> IM WATCHERING!!!
chayliss> no?!?
chayliss> FU IM WATCHERINGGGGGGGGGG
chayliss> rehost melee

Post Fri Oct 13, 2000 7:05 am 
~Dakine(HeX)

Watching War2

Do i qualify as an upshoot? ive only been playing 2yrs so im not a "good old player"
PLEASE VALIDATE MY LIFE! =]

Post Fri Oct 13, 2000 12:00 pm 
Sailor Mini-Moon

Watching War2

Heh, I really enjoy watching games that have good players in them. I watch them to learn, but I usually just enjoy the game and I dont learn a damn thing . Its better to play, but I just like sitting the sidelines sometimes

------------------
hehe, Im a 16 year old male Sailor moon fan and proud of it =). Sailor Mini-Moon(Sailor Chibi-Moon) is my favorite character on the show =). Any info on how to draw Sailor Mini-Moon?? E-mail me about the site link. Ill Love you forever Chibi-Usa =). Wanna talk to me on AIM? my s-name=SAlLORCHlBlMOON(The I's are lower case L's) Im a stubborn average Human player who refuses to play orc and loves the sound of blizzard raining down on those lusted oggies ;)

Post Sat Oct 14, 2000 11:00 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Noss

Watching War2

Obviously you can't learn the game without actually experiencing various strats and nuances yourself. But I find that watching games occasionally is VERY helpful to bettering your play style sometimes... You just may find a better way to wall in, gay war, or expand/scout by watching a better player do it...Then of course there's the sheer entertainment value of watching games To me, watching games has always been a luxury, and it's totally understandable why players don't like having watchers in game (lag, spam, insecurity or whatever); but it does help educate.

---
Noss

Post Sat Oct 14, 2000 11:42 pm