FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

What is your idea of reflection?

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Paper_Boy

What is your idea of reflection?

In those moments of silence i hope that we reflect. true reflection is not angry, nor is it defensive...true reflection is honest, and it requires great courage. all these things we stand against, the greed, the racism, the murder and exploitation, all these things are not simply born out of thin air...they are grown, they have roots. i think, at the end of all this, most of us, on both sides, are just humans trying to seek our way through the mysteries of life. we are humans struggling with the disconnection we feel from each other...from ourselves. we are humans, scarred by so many things, trained to be defensive, confused, afraid. we want love, we yearn for connection, but the chasm between us and those things is large, and the way is scary. there are few who tread the path, but the path is there. it is hard, because there have been so few guides to show us the path...it requires determination and will to seek it out.

at the end of the day, i hope for nothing more than to inspire others to walk the path, as so many have inspired me. at the end of the day, this struggle is about love, about being beacons of love and truth for a world that is so clouded with hate and fear.

peace and love always

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:56 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
hassan-i-sabbah

makes u think.

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:39 am 
Swift

great thread 10/10 would read again

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:53 pm 
Fast Luck

Re: What is your idea of reflection?

quote:
Originally posted by Paper_Boy
In those moments of silence i hope that we reflect. true reflection is not angry, nor is it defensive...true reflection is honest, and it requires great courage. all these things we stand against, the greed, the racism, the murder and exploitation, all these things are not simply born out of thin air...they are grown, they have roots. i think, at the end of all this, most of us, on both sides, are just humans trying to seek our way through the mysteries of life. we are humans struggling with the disconnection we feel from each other...from ourselves. we are humans, scarred by so many things, trained to be defensive, confused, afraid. we want love, we yearn for connection, but the chasm between us and those things is large, and the way is scary. there are few who tread the path, but the path is there. it is hard, because there have been so few guides to show us the path...it requires determination and will to seek it out.

at the end of the day, i hope for nothing more than to inspire others to walk the path, as so many have inspired me. at the end of the day, this struggle is about love, about being beacons of love and truth for a world that is so clouded with hate and fear.

peace and love always

except for beaners and apes

hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:15 pm 
smurf_king

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah
makes u think.

think

lol

thats the ONLY thing you do not do.

if you actually thought what you wrote, you would have 15k less posts rofl

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:14 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by smurf_king
quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah
makes u think.

think

lol

thats the ONLY thing you do not do.

if you actually thought what you wrote, you would have 15k less posts rofl

damn.
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:43 pm 
BanMe

quote:

peace and love always

I may be wrong, but weren't you a Romney supporter this past campaign? If so I am curious why someone so interested in promoting love and brotherhood would support a direction of world leadership with the underlying pillars of fear, mistrust, and self-interest.

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:57 pm 
Ideal-Hero

quote:
Originally posted by BanMe
quote:

peace and love always

I may be wrong, but weren't you a Romney supporter this past campaign? If so I am curious why someone so interested in promoting love and brotherhood would support a direction of world leadership with the underlying pillars of fear, mistrust, and self-interest.
Good post Pboy but actions speak louder than words, and it'll take a lot more than that to convince anyone you've become a better person. Having said that I hope you have =]

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:12 pm 
Jon;

quote:
Originally posted by Ideal-Hero
quote:
Originally posted by BanMe
quote:

peace and love always

Good post Pboy but actions speak louder than words, and it'll take a lot more than that to convince anyone you've become a better person. Having said that I hope you have =]

literally minutes before he started this thread he was raging about "beaners"

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:22 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

lol

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:34 pm 
-667-

you have fucked up teeth

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:18 pm 
GenOciDe-

Oil spills aren't a big deal

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:23 pm 
GenOciDe-

quote:
Its better to not save lives... It keeps the price of gas and food down ulitmately... I dont wanna pay 5$ a gallon so some nigger can die from aids instead of Malaria - Like Darwin said the fittest will survive... No free rides for the bottom feeders

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:28 pm 
GenOciDe-

quote:
The Nba lock out is still going for the same reason black people dont have a mafia. They are all about their props and image , while completely ignoring common sense and basic math.

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:29 pm 
GenOciDe-

Wow .. I can do this all day .. Maybe he is an elaborate troll??

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:29 pm 
-667-

quote:
Originally posted by GenOciDe-
quote:
Its better to not save lives... It keeps the price of gas and food down ulitmately... I dont wanna pay 5$ a gallon so some nigger can die from aids instead of Malaria - Like Darwin said the fittest will survive... No free rides for the bottom feeders

such deep reflections

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:30 pm 
Axolotl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja3LGFY1i0o

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:53 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Swift

quote:

peace and love always

best of luck in your efforts to transcend the human condition. i wish you well

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:40 am 
Paper_Boy

"I may be wrong, but weren't you a Romney supporter this past campaign? If so I am curious why someone so interested in promoting love and brotherhood would support a direction of world leadership with the underlying pillars of fear, mistrust, and self-interest."

I am an idealist at heart but i'm realistic enough to realize either one of these choices wouldn't end the nasty divisiveness engulfing this nation and unite us with a grand vision. Obama's intentions and rhetoric is more in line with my principles but his actions speak other wise. I saw him speak first time around in Santa Barbara, I was inspired but was disappointed he was unable to deliver on most of his campaign promises with control of Congress. This time around i'm prioritizing the practical issues above all else.

For me, the primary issue that takes precedent above all else becomes our out of control spending. I find disturbing a year ago our debt ceiling was 14 trillion dollars, 15 months later we're nearly at 17 trillion & Harry Reid would like to raise it 2.7 trillion more. For what? We don't have programs that are so essential that necessitate borrowing trillions of dollars every year. Currently, we owe 35% more per person than the debt which is currently crippling Greece. Since 1970 the U.S. government has run deficits all but 4 years. This generation cant live within its means but I’m supposed to believe future generations accustomed to all these entitlements will have no problem spending a fraction of the money they take in to pay off our debt? We are no different than the poor soul who becomes entangled in student loans and credit card debt to the point he becomes an indentured servant.

Let's say we agree to Obama's demands:
-The rich pay their "fair share" under the Buffet rule = 10-12 billion a year in revenue

-Eliminating tax breaks for private equity, oil subsidies in certain industries and tax loop holes. = 150 billion a year

-Lowering the corporate tax rate to become more competitive among multinationals

The proposed increase in revenue will do what, that our trillions in borrowing have been unable to do thus far? Now compare this increased revenue to our tax expense
"Budgeted net interest on the public debt was approximately $251 billion in FY2011 (6% of spending). During FY2011, the government also accrued a non-cash interest expense of $203 billion for intra-governmental debt, primarily the Social Security Trust Fund, for a total interest expense of $454 billion." That doesn't solve the problem either, I know lets raise taxes more!!!! hehe

Obviously the course we are on is unsustainable, what happens one day when 1/2 our 3 million federal workers are laid off or issued IOUS? What happens when we cant meet our debt obligations? What if we just printed a shit load of money to pay this off? All of these are very real possibilities one day if we continue on our current trajectory. In a global economy, it's quite possible we could see the first global depression one day if we are not careful.

The answer isn't Obama or Romney, it comes from interacting more with your community, being truly honest about who you are so people can feel your challenges and pain. i think that if you take off all the limitations and restrictions put on humans, and simply encourage them, you will be amazed at their interest in all things and the creativity so present in all human kind. This tragic fact applies to our politicians who are too busy giving speeches, campaigning or kowtowing to corporate lobbyists just to survive, they don't have time to think or reflect about our greatest challenges. Sadly, I am more knowledgable than most on politics but I realize ultimately I am woefully ignorant of so much that is going on. We are saturated in information, yet its so hard to sift through all of it, there just isn't enough time in a day to seek out and fully grasp everything. When most people are tired after a long commute home they just wanna vege out. Capitalism wears people out to accumulate a bunch of shit they don't need. It is designed that way. That's why I'm talking about switching the roles in society. It's not just about the libraries, schools, parks community centers being bigger and being the focal point, but it's about the financial being smaller (i.e. non-existent) and less important.

"You can tell what's informing society by the size of the [building], what the building is, the tallest building in the place. When you approach a medieval town the cathedral's the tallest thing in the place. When you approach a 17th century city, it's the political power that's the tallest in the place. When you approach a modern city it's the office buildings and BANKS that are the tallest things in the place." -Joseph Campbell

The Tea Party and Occupy Movement are both concerned with how we divert our resources for the common good, I think most people will find they share more common ground with these movements than they realize. Today we follow the wisdom of men hundreds of years ago who drafted the Constitution, they were able to do so because they locked themselves in isolation for months to think and reflect how do we balance the powers that be for the greater good. Madison was focused, not updating his status, checking his twitter feed, doing press conferences all the mundane bull shit that consumes the modern man of today. There are way more people on this earth today, surely amongst all of us their lies some untapped potential to create a more modern Constitution, because whatever we're doing is no longer working. Corporations are now the 4th branch of government

Until a consensus is reached, ideas i've heard so far to limit their power:
- End limited liability for executives and board members (while capping creditors purchase of voting share, as to limit conflicts of interests)

- Repatriation tax incentive on a annual basis each year corporations don't have to lay off American workers and additional incentives for creating American jobs.

- Dilute shareholder stock to offset pension liability (event of bankruptcy etc..)

- Issued company stock must be held for 5 years and only unload 20% off at a time to limit risky behavior (Actually implemented by Goldman Sax briefly)

Bottom line both sides are guilty of wasting money, the funny thing is $2.22 trillion (1/2 the cost of Iraq and Afghanistan wars) would cover every home in the U.S. with solar panels. I'm no huge proponent of Romney but he said he would eliminate programs we can't afford, seems like a common sense approach for the time being until we have incentives that necessitate fiscal discipline. After all, this principle and culture of instant gratification, "worry about it later" attitude, is what lead to our current financial crisis. Just something to reflect on

p.s. Bitchen song!! Smile

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:34 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
-667-

quote:
I am an idealist at heart but i'm realistic enough to realize either one of these choices wouldn't end the nasty divisiveness engulfing this nation and unite us with a grand vision.

quote:

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:00 am 
foonat

paperboy: the gift that keeps on giving

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:53 am 
stoned@chayliss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t18suYTiGA&feature=fvst

conservatism fixes. god gave you freedom of will which comes with the price of personal responsibility. to many fight blind deaf and dumb.

with all the separation of church and state, how come is it when elections roll around the only place around here to vote is at a church?

"You just do it. You force yourself to get up. You force yourself to put one foot in front of the other, and god damnit, you refuse to let it get to you. You fight. You cry. You curse. Then you go about the business of living. That's how I've done it. There is no other way."

-Elizabeth Taylor

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:55 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
foonat

need to bump this fantastic thread

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:20 pm 
[RWTB]eeezle

Nice bump

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:07 pm