FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

RC fun!

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sypher

RC fun!

Anyone here a RC hobbiest?

This year my little 7 year old cousin received a airhog RC helicopter from Santa. Since I am the family nerd, I was elected as the one to figure out how to operate it and teach him to fly it. I have never had so much fun in my life! Smile

A week later I went out and bought myself a Blade mSR-X helicopter. It is a more adult oriented helicopter, being fixed pitched with no flybar. Finally, nearly a month later, I am able to fly it somewhat proficiently. I wish I would have discovered this hobby sooner! It is very fun and satisfying.

My next step is to moved to fixed wing aircraft and installing a camera so I can do some FP videos.

Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:54 pm 
~Dakine..HeX

even if i did, i would never want to be known as an "RC hobbiest"

rip mitch hedberg

Post Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:57 pm 
passwillworkeasycompany

im getting into electric scooters

Post Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:43 pm 
aesop rocks

i fly apaches....well i work on them...same shit

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:48 am 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
TheDRAX

I have an entry level blade e-flight similar to what you have. Lots of fun. I recently purchased a blade 400 3d, but I'm too afraid to fly it and have it crash. Damn thing was expensive!

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:52 pm 
GaNzTheLegend

nerd alert

Post Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:05 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

sexican isnt a nerd, he works on apaches!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:12 pm 
Sypher

quote:
Originally posted by TheDRAX
I have an entry level blade e-flight similar to what you have. Lots of fun. I recently purchased a blade 400 3d, but I'm too afraid to fly it and have it crash. Damn thing was expensive!

Is the 400 collective pitch? (i.e. can do inverted flight). I am still a loooong way off from being able to get one of those.

As is, I think I probably should have started out on a mCX. My mSR-X is already pretty beat up from the nonstop crashing. The mSR-X is quite the screamer. It is extremely fast and definitely a handful. It needs constant attention and is not capable of hands free flying at all. I am just now starting to ease into reverse flight (helicopter nose pointing at me). It is amazing how hard it is to train your brain to fly with reverse controls.

I think my next purchase will just be a new radio. I got the 'Ready to Fly' version of he helicopter, so I definitely need to upgrade. Currently look at the Spektrum DX6i. Seems like the best bang for your buck based on all the reviews.

Post Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:14 pm 
TheDRAX

Yeah it is "3D" - which is how they refer to the inverted flyers. I have the Spektrum DX6i and its great. It is programmable for both heli and fixed wing RCs. (which I'm sure you found out when researching, but the user friendly quality was great for me). To get you ready for the more advanced RCs or even help out with your starter heli try this: www.phoenix-sim.com
The price is a bit steep but you wont have to replace blades on your chopper every time you crash, as well as 'test drive' other models. It did wonders for me.

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:21 am