FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

Battlefield 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
turtleman@can

My only issue with PC gaming is like it or not , most sociable people play console games over PC games. When I play on xbox 360, I have like 50 real life friends to play with. On PC , I basically have internet friends.

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:46 pm 
Kith-Kanin

I have this now. It's enjoyable as far as war games go.

Whoever has it feel free to add me.

kith-kanin

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:12 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
MassiveAttack

MassiveAttck, just got my comp up and running, now its time to get into battle.

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:24 pm 
BanMe

quote:
Originally posted by MassiveAttack

778 hours? hooolly shit

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:49 pm 
turtleman@can

ok adding u guys
anyone else got the pc version?

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:17 pm 
turtleman@can

I finally figured out how to fly jets/helicopters - they are pretty damn fun..

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:36 pm 
$paCe

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
I finally figured out how to fly jets/helicopters - they are pretty damn fun..

muslim

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:00 pm 
ChrisLui

it's hilarious...what really stupid/trashy people will find funny...

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:11 pm 
MassiveAttack

quote:
Originally posted by BanMe
quote:

778 hours? hooolly shit

Bad Company 2, not BF3 lol (I had since its release date), and practically the only game I played in my spare time.

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:23 pm 
$paCe

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisLui
it's hilarious...what really stupid/trashy people will find funny...

muslim

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:32 pm 
Soilent Green

After spending 70+ hours with this game since beta, take a pass on this game if you haven't yet, but are thinking about buying it. I'm not bitching senselessly. I'm usually top of my team, high SPM, decent K/D ratio, 2.03 W/L ratio, but this game isn't fun.

Origin doesn't believe in warning before perm banning. A friend got banned for having an inappropriate picture as his profile pic. The ban was eventually overturned, but their policy is to ban without warning, and it is up to the supervisor on duty to determine ban length.

Browser launcher is annoying and buggy. Joining with party still works like shit, and will probably always work like shit.

Shitty netcode seems to be a feature in all battlefield games, but this is the worst. This is pretty much Battlefield 3 Shoot First Die First Edition.

Most of the guns work opposite of how they would IRL, and there are some awesome weapons that dominate others. F2000 comes to mind.

Explosions work like shit.

Killing tanks is impossible if you can't kill the engineer(s) repairing them.

Killing helicopters/jets is impossible unless you have a coordinated team of 3 people shooting heat-seeking missiles in carefully synchronized order. Endless chaff = stupidity.

Nearly all of the maps are lame as fuck. Damavand Peak being the absolute worst.

Tactical Light may be real, but it is incredibly annoying when an entire server uses the shit.

Too many shitty players crowding servers that don't complete objectives. Often times I will get MVP on the losing team.

Sniper rifles are annoying, but not game breaking. They need a slight nerf.

LMG is annoyingly over-accurate, and over-powered. Not game breaking, but annoying.

Overall it seems like a step into the wrong direction for this franchise. I play with a group of people that are coordinated and skilled, but I'm sorry I bought it. It's simply not fun.

Post Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:32 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Originally posted by Soilent Green
After spending 70+ hours with this game since beta, take a pass on this game if you haven't yet, but are thinking about buying it. I'm not bitching senselessly. I'm usually top of my team, high SPM, decent K/D ratio, 2.03 W/L ratio, but this game isn't fun.

Origin doesn't believe in warning before perm banning. A friend got banned for having an inappropriate picture as his profile pic. The ban was eventually overturned, but their policy is to ban without warning, and it is up to the supervisor on duty to determine ban length.

Browser launcher is annoying and buggy. Joining with party still works like shit, and will probably always work like shit.

Shitty netcode seems to be a feature in all battlefield games, but this is the worst. This is pretty much Battlefield 3 Shoot First Die First Edition.

Most of the guns work opposite of how they would IRL, and there are some awesome weapons that dominate others. F2000 comes to mind.

Killing helicopters/jets is impossible unless you have a coordinated team of 3 people shooting heat-seeking missiles in carefully synchronized order. Endless chaff = stupidity.

Nearly all of the maps are lame as fuck. Damavand Peak being the absolute worst.

Tactical Light may be real, but it is incredibly annoying when an entire server uses the shit.

Too many shitty players crowding servers that don't complete objectives. Often times I will get MVP on the losing team.

LMG is annoyingly over-accurate, and over-powered. Not game breaking, but annoying.

Overall it seems like a step into the wrong direction for this franchise. I play with a group of people that are coordinated and skilled, but I'm sorry I bought it. It's simply not fun.

Get raped again? Wink But in all honesty everything you've said there, can be said for a large portion of FPS's... just saying.

Post Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
turtleman@can

To be honest I don't really dig this game either. I regret buying it. It's a cool game but I just got bored of it real fast. I just beat Halo ODST on my xbox and loaded up disc2 (which has all of halo 3's multiplayer maps + extras) and I had a fucking blast playing that game, made me realize that this game kinda sucks in comparison.

Post Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:28 pm 
Soilent Green

quote:
Originally posted by Kith-Kanin
quote:
Originally posted by Soilent Green

Get raped again? Wink But in all honesty everything you've said there, can be said for a large portion of FPS's... just saying.

I win more than lose, and kill more than die. I was raped by the devs and publisher of this game. Raped and robbed.

Post Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:50 pm 
Aerasal

I enjoy the game but aside from minor tweaks, it's the exact same battlefield game i've been playing for years on a new/upgraded engine. that said, mw3 is the exact same cod game on the same engine.

the net code is horrible though. I don't recall wolfenstein, tfc, counter-strike, or any other online game having such horrible hit lag. On low ping servers, I ALWAYS take damage or die well after rounding a corner or taking cover. that makes me rage more than anything.

Post Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:47 pm 
turtleman@can

The rubber-banding kinda drove me crazy. Every time I'd respawn I'd sit there pressing forward and not go anywhere for like 2 minutes. I never really experienced much lag after this though. But it's kinda sleezy that they'd release a multiplayer FPS with obviously flawed net code just to beat COD to the market.

Then they release a patch that's supposed to fix it, and it doesn't even fucking fix it - just to keep people from buying call of duty.

Post Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:51 pm 
Soilent Green

I honestly don't need any new features or gadgets for 5 year olds. This game could have been Battlefield 2 reskinned with a map-pack for DLC price and I'd play the shit out of it as long as they support it. Instead we have new engine, new problems, razzle dazzle retard shit, and a dev team that doesn't care much about it.

I didn't buy MW3 either. Bobby Kotick is a piece of shit, and I might stop buying Blizzard products because of his greedy money grabbing. If it were up to him, CoD would be a monthly episode game with a $60 price tag per episode. Not long before blizzard starts milking it's fans... oh wait...

quote:
Originally posted by Kith-Kanin

That is true for most games in general. People keep buying the shit though. And it wouldn't matter if I stopped, or everyone like me stopped, because every retard casual gamer on the planet accepts shit as diamonds. "$60 for a 2 hour CoD campaign?! FUCK YES!"

This is why a lot of people pirate games and PC gaming is "dying". They see the drop in sales as a drop in interest, but in reality, it's just people that want to play something, but don't want to shell out $60 for bullshit.

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:35 am 
Allstar

damn i was thinkin about buyin this too. maybe modern warfare 3 i guess

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:15 am 
Soilent Green

quote:
Originally posted by Allstar
damn i was thinkin about buyin this too. maybe modern warfare 3 i guess

No point in that either. Might as well buy MW2 or Black Ops, they're pretty much the same garbage game. BF3 is the lesser of two evils, it's just sad that most people are forced to choose the best of two or more shitty games to play these days.

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:27 pm 
ChrisLui

are there really a lot of people buying shitty games just because there's nothing better out there? like they actually know what they're playing is shit and they're not just brainwashed into thinking it's good? if that's the case they should find something more constructive to do with their time like read a book or somethin

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:40 pm 
Sypher

quote:
My only issue with PC gaming is like it or not , most sociable people play console games over PC games. When I play on xbox 360, I have like 50 real life friends to play with. On PC , I basically have internet friends.

Get better friends? Most of my friends either have always played FPS on PC or have switched to PC due to the abundance of annoying 12 year olds on xbl. It might also help that ive always been a hardcore PC gamer. Whenever they are at my place, they see the game as a PC game and not a console game.

FPS games these days are pretty shitty, though. Last one I was really able to get into and enjoy was CoD 4(first modern warfare). Multiplayer across the entire platform has really gone downhill. Anti-Pirating measures have really killed the 'scene.'

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:28 pm 
passwillworkeasycompany

well for me pc usually means free online play,more players in a server and of course keyboard/mouse.

maybe its possible to usb a keyboard mouse to a 360 since its a 8086.

nvm they do..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9fzM6FlZRM

Post Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:29 am 
Aerasal

quote:
Originally posted by passwillworkeasycompany
well for me pc usually means free online play,more players in a server and of course keyboard/mouse.

maybe its possible to usb a keyboard mouse to a 360 since its a 8086.

nvm they do..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9fzM6FlZRM

you could use a keyboard/mouse on the original xbox too. almost no one does it though. you'd have such a huge advantage and rape everyone silly even if you sucked it would be almost pointless to even play like that. people that think you can get just as good on a controller as a kb/mouse are stupid.

Post Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:02 pm 
turtleman@can

quote:
Originally posted by Sypher
quote:

Get better friends? Most of my friends either have always played FPS on PC or have switched to PC due to the abundance of annoying 12 year olds on xbl. It might also help that ive always been a hardcore PC gamer. Whenever they are at my place, they see the game as a PC game and not a console game.

FPS games these days are pretty shitty, though. Last one I was really able to get into and enjoy was CoD 4(first modern warfare). Multiplayer across the entire platform has really gone downhill. Anti-Pirating measures have really killed the 'scene.'

idk - I think most people like the seperation of work/gaming that a console gives. Plus it's so much easier to just come home and lay down on a big comfy couch in front of a HD tv with surround sound and a wireless remote in a social environment.

Whenever I play PC games when my friends are over - it's because I just told them I'm going to crash and they haven't left yet. Unless you're having a LAN party or something PC gaming is pretty anti-social irl.

Post Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:04 am 
DrunkeN

After 120 hours of BF3 I still enjoy this game. I play recon(not sniper) 6 star and its still fun as fuck. My only FPS game I played was Halo(all of them) and this game blows it outta the water. I've never played CoD so I dunno how they compare, also this is my first BF so im not bored of the rehash of the same game if it's even that.

I play on the 360 mainly CQ too. With the new maps and balance changes this game is still appealing. I think Dice is trying to make things right after releasing this game a bit to early. I say give it a try but if you have no one to play with it can get frustrating tho.

Anyone one on 360 hit me up lDrunkeNl <--- those are L's

Post Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:07 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
MassiveAttack

COD is a completely different style of FPS. I prefer team-based FPS games and COD is really a solo type deal. I love BF3 though, I cannot fucking wait for the expansion pack - Gulf of Oman!

Post Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:13 pm 
Soilent Green

If the only other FPS game you've played is Halo, you're definitely going to think this is good. It's good if you don't know any better. It's garbage when you do.

Post Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:45 am 
Sypher

quote:
COD is really a solo type deal.!

lol what the fuuuuuck? Play CoD 2/4??

Post Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:26 am 
Soilent Green

quote:
Originally posted by Sypher
quote:
COD is really a solo type deal.!

lol what the fuuuuuck? Play CoD 2/4??

A lot of people are only interested in CoD for the single player campaign. I personally think both are garbage, but most any casual gamer from co-workers to friends of friends are just interested in the interactive block buster action movie experience. It sells massive ridiculous copies, and most of those people don't even bother with the multiplayer. It's a casual gamer cash cow. There will be a Modern Warfare 23 because retards will buy it for the 1.5 hour campaign.

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:04 am