FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

Absolute Best Friends pud Rush

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Paper_Boy

The 14 peon rush is the sexies Friends rush.

you go smith , rax, 2nd rax immediately,gold,gold. And you end up having 0 lumber 3 rax lvl 5 20 grunts. It's the absolute best rush on Friends pud. If they 2 hall towered ot their gold or scout early. Its the "best" rush and im tired of raping everyone with it. So enjoy...

If anybody can think of a better strat (which i doubt) plz post it now fiction plz.
And if your enemy has farms surrounding his base when u hit patrol. arrange your men manually or go thru the sides...

Post Tue Oct 03, 2000 3:27 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Axolotl

Do you know if this is the same as Cinder's rush?

Post Tue Oct 03, 2000 3:55 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
chalupa

can u be specific with the rush? like who makes what? id like to see this strat and try it

Post Tue Oct 03, 2000 4:03 pm 
Kith-Kanin

Alright, so now lets say I do this rush, and just sit back and wait for you, while sendint eh odd grunt or two to hit yer wood peons, while I chop somewhere discreet (like top left or something you'd never check). Then what's the next plan of attack? 4 rax mass grunts? or do you go 4 rax mass ogres or what?

------------------
-Kith-Kanin-

Post Tue Oct 03, 2000 5:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
BiZaTcH

I must agree, this is the best rush i have ever seen. i have tried a very good rush against it, and this 1 just blew me away. gw paper...

to kith(prolly wont help him cuz he's not stupid, but anyways...) you obviously want to adjust specifically to the strategy in which your opponent is doing. i wont get nit-picky with attacking the wood peons or anything though....just you might wanna go 6 rax, you might wanna go 3 and then upgrade...whatever

Post Tue Oct 03, 2000 9:02 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
BiZaTcH

oh and when do u make 3rd rax...?

Post Tue Oct 03, 2000 9:05 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Tarquinn

As far as I can remember Paper, we are 1-1 on friends, so your rush can't be that unstoppable.

Post Wed Oct 04, 2000 4:20 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
reaverlisk

Tarquinn--
I asked paper on bnet if hed be willing to take you 1vs1 on freinds,and he said sure.So if you feel up to it get back to be,or whatever,if i see you on bnet ill be asking you.
--reaverlisk

Post Wed Oct 04, 2000 2:58 pm 
BiZaTcH

I've tried TQ and Paper's rush on friends...i think paper's is a lot better...however if it doesn't win the initial rush he's kinda screwed, whereas tarquinn makes constant peons

Post Wed Oct 04, 2000 7:45 pm 
PhantomSoL

Just a couple things I'd like to comment about. First off all.. HOW'S IT GOIGN PAPER!?!? LONG TIME! =).. I hope all is well!

I like the rush... it sounds pretty cool.. but you have to realize ANY 1vs1 game where you know the starting location of an enemy isn't quite fair at all... and 2vs2 might take a bit more coordination work between your ally and yourself to make it happen.

As Bizatch points out, a fundamental flaw to your strategy is that if you don't win in the beginning.. you're 90% screwed. It makes your strategy very unflexible and can cause you trouble.

Here's one way I would offer to counter it:

Always scout.. *usually* friends players rush with 1 barrax at first unless they are doing a "fast rush" or a "hard rush". Then they place 2 barrax down. If the scout sees the 2 barrax, you know his plan. Knowing someone's strategy off the bat (coupled with the fact that the strategy is SOO unflexible) is all you really need to win. What I would do is plop down another rax, start skipping peasants and start pumping grunts. He needs around 30 seconds to get his force down to you anyway so if you've got 2 barrax pumping grunts, it'll give you atleast 2 more grunts than usual. I would also keep 1 grunt patrolling from your base to 9:00 (since that's where people usually come from). I doubt this would work for Paper boy or any experienced friends player, but with that one grunt, if you're quick enough, you can "lead" some of his attack force away allowing you to get the greater # advantage. At this point, you would pull all your grunts down toward your gold line (hiding)... wait for him to come.. and then *smack*. Not only are your peons confusing his grunts, but you've only got a little less (if not as much) grunts as he does. You can even use your peons to attack. After that... it will be hard for him to recover with *just* 14 peons.

I dunno... I have yet to try this out.. maybe I will when I get back from college sometime.. but the logic sounds pretty fair. Any comments?

Oh yah, and in response to Kith's comment about sending 2 at a time up to bash wood... the point is that paper doesn't go wood until he sends his 20 grunts down (am I safe to assume this?). Sending 1 or 2 grunts at a time will put you at an even GREATER disadvantage when his "all out rush" hits you at your home base.

I hope this makes sense... I can be pretty incoherent at times.

Post Wed Oct 04, 2000 11:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
^Phantom~SoL^

Ugh... I didn't know you could use silly characters in the name =(

Post Wed Oct 04, 2000 11:49 pm 
Paper_Boy

yes Cinder uses my rush as well. Go 3rd rax when your about to attack. and pull like 3 guys to lumber b4 attack. Kith Ill find your lumber.=)

Post Thu Oct 05, 2000 12:33 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Paper_Boy

The next plan after attack is to keep pumping 3 rax and get a mill and upgrade. with a patrolling grunt by lumber entrances.

Post Thu Oct 05, 2000 12:36 am 
BiZaTcH

well it's very logical, but i've found that a lot of games on friends for 1on1 atleast, are simply whoever rushes the hardest wins.

and trust me, you have to start out rushing 2 rax against this to even stay CLOSE to even with it...i tried an all out rush and lost, so if your starting 1 barracks, putting up 2 later, your already about 2 or 3 grunts behind. just remember, 20 level 5 is a LOT of grunts

Post Thu Oct 05, 2000 6:41 pm 
^Phantom~SoL^

I agree that most (not all) friends 1vs1 games depend on rushing... but I think you miss the point entirely. If you noticed in my previous post, I suggested ONE possible way to go against Paper's rush. Mystical also suggested another way to go around it (why doesn't he stop being silly and post in this thread =().

War isn't about cookbook strategies... its about being dynamic and being able to think. One of the things I admired about DI was when Tarquinn suggested making a strategy page DEDICATED to the mentalility of a good war2 player. The truth is, when you start playing at the level most people these days do, its not WHAT strategy you use.. but HOW you use it, WHEN you use it.. and HOW you adapt to the enemy strat. But I guess you won't believe me.. so here're 3 other ways to beat Paper's strat =( (or atleast possibilities).

1) This one's for people who think more grunts (harder rush) = win. 12 Peon level 3 rush with 21 grunts. By virtue of the fact that Paper's strat goes smith first, he'll be halfway done with his shield upgrade (and not nearly have as much grunts) when he gets hit. Paper's 14 peasants mean that he will need to spend an extra 800 gc to get peasants.. and an extra 500 gold/250 lumbar for another farm. I'm no expert, but I don't think that allows him to produce grunts outa his rax continuously.. I could be wrong. The above mentioned strat gives you 21 grunts as soon as your level 3 is done.

2) Paper's strat isn't bad.. so maybe let's use it against him (yah I know.. this is kinda jacked off of Kith's post). Keep your grunts down at your base. It takes him 30 seconds to come... probably enough time for you to pump out 2 more grunts. He'll be attacking you so you'll have the advantage of a good "line" (if you play it right)... plus advantage of number. Remember: Paper can't build any grunts until some of his earlier ones die since he's got no food/no wood and only 2 peons chopping when he sends his guys down. Once his guys die... he dies.

3) Rush normal and send your first 4 grunts up to his base and attack random points... hit and run attacks... he can't possibly leave his base undefended and hit you if there are 4 grunts running around just waiting for him to do that. It'll buy you enough time (maybe 1 or 2 mins.. which is all you'll need) to get enough grunts to defend... since paper can't build any more grunts due to lack of farms and wood, he will have lost his 2 minute gap to win the game.

Ok.. there's 3 more for ya... and don't get me started on the non-rush strats.
I have no doubt in my mind that people here can come up with TONS more (people are just so d*mn clever these days =()...

So what's my point? Adaptability is key. Unpredictability is key. Not that strategy isn't important... but each strat has its weaknesses.. and this one is FAR from being "godly". Heck, if all we had to do is execute strats all day... those koreans woulda dominated us long ago.. they sure do click fast =(.

Okay... I'm tired. You know I love ya right paper? =)

Post Thu Oct 05, 2000 11:06 pm 
Akira

I see Paper's rush as the rush i knew as "kuei"

Post Fri Oct 06, 2000 6:38 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Paper_Boy

Sup SOler

Wsup Phantom
It's been a long time. When you and jungle gonna start playing again?ehhe
Well Yoou And mystical have good points. but ill switch my town for your town if i have more grunts.............. HAVE SEXXXX +)
hehe Guess what im on Sol now.......Ok not really but i will be maybe. When you get back you and me can play 1v1 and you can show me what how u plan on suppressing this rush. POOOOORK out =P

Post Fri Oct 06, 2000 8:27 am 
BaLL_SaCK

Who really cares, PB i own you, you may deny it, but deep down in your heart I MOUNT YOU EVERY NIGHT and you like it.

PB has a really nice rush on friends, but who really cares, it only works on pure rush maps, and maybe pos. PB is a 1 MAP WONDER~! DIE 1 PUDDERS

ps. i still love u and cindy

Post Sat Oct 07, 2000 3:22 pm 
BiZaTcH

that 1 level 3 rush doesn't possibly get 21 grunts with level 3...u must mean level 4, and still i HIGHLY doubt it. Trust me, Paper boys rush will straight up out-rush anyone.

obviously there are attacking skills that you can use to out-perform him, but at the same time he can do it to u. i'm saying it gets level 5 with 20 grunts faster than any other rush. PLUS it can hold against any level 1/level 3 rush i've ever seen...

------------------
Warcraft Haven -- The ULTIMATE Warcraft Resource: http://wchaven.wcnation.com

Post Sat Oct 07, 2000 5:15 pm 
reaverlisk

I remember a guy named MrQMan would do something like Paper's rush on friends.He wouldnt even get hold alot of the time because he had so many grunts.No matter what anyone did he always outrushed them.Then one day I started dualing at bottom,and I was the only person that could ever beat him.I gotta wonder where he got that rush from,prolly someone on Kali,like PB.Oh well.(And yeah I know that all you gotta do is tower the dualer.)

Post Sun Oct 08, 2000 1:08 am