FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

Fastest

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
::Warrior2000:

Fastest

i dont see y ppl saying fastest is newb... i think it's another way of playing and most ppl just say it's newb cuz they can't play it when its too fast for them ( i could actually control every units when i play a game cuz most the time when ppl in 24-7 get beat in fastest they just blame it on the speed that they could't get the peon to repair . and i dont just get res and build up ..anyway. i used to play ef and after a while i turn to fastest cuz more ppl played it and it was more fun for me

::Warrior2000:: was dropped from the game.

Post Thu Oct 05, 2000 2:00 am 
Kith-Kanin

Fastest

Warrior, the fact is you may THINK you're able to control everything but you don't. I've played warcraft for 6 years...and even on EVEN FASTER I know I don't control every single unit as soon as its done a building, or done an upgrade or move things exactly where I wanted to because its too fast. Now if you actually were to record one of yer games and watch I bet you'd find that more often than not you have a lot of peons sitting around doing nothing. And if you think people on 24-7 lose on fastest yer in for a surprise. Most of us can play fastest but the fact is we choose not to because its just a stupid setting and you can't control everything. Whether you may think you can, trust me and everyone else who's played this game since its release....you can't control every unit as well as you could on EVEN FASTER. That said, I think FASTER is a better speed setting than even faster.

------------------
-Kith-Kanin-

Post Thu Oct 05, 2000 3:40 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Jza

Fastest

First off I think most guys from kali have no trouble beating fastest players on fastest. I sure didn't, and the fastest clannies sure were confident in winning before each game. That based on the amount of trash they talk. Anyway on fastest; if you call that unit control, how deep does your strategy in war2 go? Because on fastest you aren't going to be as effecient. I like even faster speed because I've been conditioned to it over years on kali full speed ipx (dos war2). Also even on low latency tcpip over bnet fastest feels like a bad unit response pkt:8 game over ipx. Fastest is for fastest players, that's it. Maybe you've found on fastest you win more and that's why you like it. I don't want to out click no one for a win, I want to outsmart them. Basically in an EF game and a fastest game of the same length (just work with me here), the EF game would have had better unit ctrl and more commands issued to your units. You CANNOT deny that fact. That's more strategy. You want speed, play Quake/Unreal. That's my 2 cents.

Post Thu Oct 05, 2000 7:28 am 
BiZaTcH

Fastest

i agree with kith in all aspects except 1

i believe even faster is a better speed than faster simply because you can control your units about 95% of the time, and at the beginning have time left over

on faster, however, you are waiting around for several moments in the beginning of the game.

------------------
Warcraft Haven -- The ULTIMATE Warcraft Resource: http://wchaven.wcnation.com

Post Thu Oct 05, 2000 6:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote