FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

Need Advice On This Subject.Thanks

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
[SuBZeRo]

I need some infos on dualing.As a human player,like what kith said,I tried to dual.The problem I encounter is that It seem to run out of Lumber pretty fast,managed to have a steady amount of gold but always seem to ran out of lumber.As a result with a steady amount of gold running in,lumber seems to be running out.I try to make use of the terrain to build my buildings but still having the same problem.For eg I am at 5 and dual bring along 2 to 3 peons wif me and build a 2nd hall wif building a simth and farm to wallin near the place where I have the hall and still run into problems of Lumber because I am slow in getting to keep.As a result,I am slow and the opponent rushes wif his lusted orges or sappers.Can I have some pointers on this.Thanks in advance.I love this forum as there are so many nice people willing to help.Atleast I am learning something rather then nothing.Thanks in advance and do have a nice day.Hope to play along side kith one day and see how he plays humans.You rock man kith.Have a nice week everyone.BTW is there some sort of build order for starting to dualing meaning not the whole building order but just the starting building to keep both bases safe from being overrun.I have lost one base a couple of time just because of the lumber problem.Thanks

[This message has been edited by [SuBZeRo] (edited 10-02-2000).]

Post Mon Oct 02, 2000 4:51 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Noss

One word: Lumbermill

---
Noss

Post Mon Oct 02, 2000 3:20 pm 
Axolotl

If you are having that much trouble with lumber, than you are either not chopping early enough, building too much too fast, or going with too much defense.
Try a simple 2 Hall order like this:
peon 1)Hall, farm, 2nd Hall
2)farm at main
3)mill or barracks at expansion
4)farm at expansion
5)the one you didnt build in step 3 at either base. Whichever one you need to wallin.
The peons building farms can continue to do so until you are walled in.
Try to get some peons on gold as soon as you can as well. Another thing is to get all your peons inside of your wallin so they aren't sutck doing nothing on the outside.

Don't overdo your defense. A cannon tower at one base, and a ballista at the other is plenty. You shoulndt be going multiple towers at each city. Even if they find you early with grunts, pop an archer first, and than start building the ballista when your smith gets done.

If you are still having problems with wood, than you need to start putting them on wood earlier. As soon as you have enough gold to support peons out of both halls, switch a few to wood, and place any new ones on wood as well.

Post Mon Oct 02, 2000 3:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Kith-Kanin

Axo basically summed it up, but here's a few other things. Generally, you wanna build something like this.
1) Hall, then farm, then go to 2nd mine and build 2nd hall
2) farm
3) mill (either over by yer 2nd hall as part of the wall in or by yer first hall as part of the wall in)
4) You build your barracks at the base most easily to tower (ie: 4 can be towered easily and 5 can be towered easily on OLD gow (so generally I don't even dual there, however at 9 and 11, 9 can be towered easier so I usually put rax there)).
5) gold
6) gold
7) gold
etc etc
Now around when you start to notice that you can keep building peons without having to wait for gold to come in (this will be around 12 peons or so), you start putting the peons you build on lumber and this should help you with your lumber problems. If you want a general peon count, when I dual, I tend to go to stronghold (or keep) on 21 peons. I'll have roughly 21/26 food used. I have around 7 to 8 peons on wood, and the rest will be on gold. I'll also have two guard towers at each base protecting the wall in, or a guard tower and an axe thrower/archer.
You won't be able to be this fast until you practice for awhile. But also I don't build my blacksmith (usually) until I am just about at Keep stage. Then I build the blacksmith and the stables at the same time.
Try and have your 10th peon or so on wood and then what I do is put all the peons at the FIRST hall I built on wood (until I have 21 peons TOTAL), while the peons at the expansion mine are all going on gold. Then you can alternate as you see fit.
If you need more help message me sometime.

------------------
-Kith-Kanin-

Post Mon Oct 02, 2000 4:11 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
~`Nedro@PA

enough said... as many times as i have read that human guide and also learning a lot by myself i can tell you all that. I end up sounding like Kith though and people think i am Kith. Human guide is what did it hehe. another thing with the 2hall is i still try and scout with a grunt and i keep my town open longer than most. basically right before they can hit me with 3lvl1 grunts which is first and not that common of a rush.
I also begin my upgrades earlier than most. I will do my first sword upgrade at about 25 peons and i usually wait till bout 25-30 till i go keep. anyway i am tired. i hear what your saying about nice people out there to help. i just want the game to be loved again before war3 comes. goodnite.

Post Thu Oct 05, 2000 1:17 am