FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

human allies in 2v2...

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Allstar

human allies in 2v2...

Okay I made this a new post because that other one is so ridiculously long i don't think anyone cares to scroll down (PAGE FUCKING 2) haha. anyways. One main problem with your ally being humans is, if both enemies manage to get bloodlust, most times you ( orc ) are fucked over, because your ally can't do his nifty humans tricks on two bases unless hes simply godly. I've seen this happen with Kith and Pest. Kith's one of the best if not the best human player around, and I watched a game where both players got lust and overran pest and killed him, and Kith lingered (for like an hour, to his credit) and finally died. My point is, If you ally me and choose humans you get booted

------------------
"TiZzZY fucking sucks."

[This message has been edited by Allstar (edited 09-26-2000).]

Post Tue Sep 26, 2000 2:01 am 
Soth

human allies in 2v2...

personally I disagree with that allstar, because some human players are really good, and if you plan on being overrun every game, then I guess your ally shouldnt be human =/ However, in a balanced 2v2 theres nothing wrong with humans. Besides, a lot of games end up 2vs1 before lust stage like your pointing out, just makes sure your teams on top and it wont matter if your allies human =/

------------------
Mage Guild

Post Tue Sep 26, 2000 3:40 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
~Summoner

human allies in 2v2...

Most 2v2 games are early game anyway, its very seldom for a 2v2 to reach over 35 minutes. I know some arrogant fag is going to reply to this disagreeing with me, but try playing 10 2v2s against good players and see how long they last.

Post Tue Sep 26, 2000 11:16 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Jza

human allies in 2v2...

Why does someone disagreeing with you have to be "an arrogant fag??" It is true that some people disagree just for the sake of disagreeing. They do it in a childish manner at that. In the case of this forum topic, like in most war2 games it's all relevant. For the most part orcs with lust have the advantage. Having a beast of a human player on your side on say Maze or HSC sure can't hurt. Oh yeah to people who swear by a strategy just because so & so said so and you want to take a shower with them, get a spine and have your own opinions. I hate ass kissers hehe. Yo Terror, kiss my ass.

Post Tue Sep 26, 2000 3:24 pm 
Kith-Kanin

human allies in 2v2...

I tend to agree with you Allstar, however, you may just have watched or playe din a bad game. Because I've come up with many many ways to stop my orc allies from dying. Usually I'll build my 2nd mage tower at my allies base so when he does get doubled then he's fine. Also another point I want to say is, how is this any different from 2 orcs vs orc? If two people double an orc player with lust he's still gonna die. Regardless of whether his ally has lust or not. Its a matter of anticipating whats gonna happen. The only way you can stop a double is if your playing defensive to begin with, or you're huge. So I don't see what the difference would be if a human was your ally or not. Fact is if 18 lusted ogres hit you and you only have 9, your gonna get wrecked before your ally comes to help or not. Human or not human. =/

------------------
-Kith-Kanin-

Post Tue Sep 26, 2000 5:24 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Draco Dawgg

human allies in 2v2...

I believe that the best 2 on 2 you can have is if your team has one Human and one Orc. This gives them all the advantages that come with both races and when human and orc spells are used together they can be extreamly effective.

------------------
(DC)Draco-Dawgg
dracodawgg@dawggclan.cjb.net
Dawgg Clan Elite
ICQ Number: 65575954

Post Tue Sep 26, 2000 5:46 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Jza

human allies in 2v2...

Draco 2 good players aren't going to allow you to combine spells to often.

Post Tue Sep 26, 2000 8:56 pm 
Draco Dawgg

human allies in 2v2...

Perhaps hot but if you do get the chance too(when attacking there base) you can do some serious damage rather quickly with just a few men.

------------------
(DC)Draco-Dawgg
dracodawgg@dawggclan.cjb.net
Dawgg Clan Elite
ICQ Number: 65575954

Post Tue Sep 26, 2000 9:08 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Sypher

human allies in 2v2...

having 1 orc and 1 human can be deadly, but it takes alot of skill/communication/friendship between the 2 allies to pull it off... my ideal way of having 1 humand and 1 orc 2v2 would be

Orc builds 2 or 3 rax at humans base and pumps oggies for human defense

Human builds 1 or 2 mage towers at orc player for defense also...

if the orc can defend the human with lusties without delay, and the human player can help the orc player without delay(like how kith was saying... he builds a mage tower at his allys base), then it will be deadly... but it takes alot of friendship, communication, and practice.... and lucky for kith, he knows axo and pest(i think pest) in real life, and im sure they have seen eachother play alot... so they know how they play and there capabilities alot more than say me and soth allying... who I have never met before... (and the reason why i used soth for an example is cause we played a couple games 2gether last night =D)

Post Wed Sep 27, 2000 1:43 am 
Soth

human allies in 2v2...

which I would like to point out I had to 2vs1 pete sampras and paper boy cuz sypher died on me :P

------------------
Mage Guild

Post Wed Sep 27, 2000 4:40 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Jza

human allies in 2v2...

That's called a cheap shot Soth, way to be an ALLY. BUT (hahaha) Stark dropped on me like 5000 times so I had tons of fun 2v1s. He didn't drop in that game vs .OGWC and Yomatha tho. I woulda lost that for sure, OGWC = good playa. What I'm saying is that cheapshots are not cool unless they are aimed at --->RoS<---~Stark. Haha just kidding buddy!

Post Wed Sep 27, 2000 7:27 am 
Paper_Boy

human allies in 2v2...

"Fool i only have 6 losses" ? how come

Post Tue Oct 03, 2000 3:10 pm 
BiZaTcH

human allies in 2v2...

Sypher pretty much nailed it, however you cant say JUST mages. you also need the paladins exorcism/healing. unfortunately none of my allies will allow me to do that, but with PROPER SCOUTING, it could be very deadly.

at the same time, a problem that can be devistating is by having 1 ally play TOO defensively, and the other playing TOO offensively...they double the offensive 1, the defensive guy can't help, and then later they double the defensive guy...of coarse some exceptions can be made

also, don't be hypocritical towards summoner, JZA =P

Post Tue Oct 03, 2000 9:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote