FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

also kith, don't get mad but...

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
(B^B)Sigil

I think orcs are better off on maps like GOW or POS. Mainly because they almost have everything that the humans off besides invis. Let's see, i can use drags to defend like humans. I can sap and stuff like that,and i can clear all my pathway with flying machines so i would see when the two mages are about to invis. Also, if i build like 4 cannon towers in my base, sure you can stop it with invis mages. But not 1 or 2. Maybe about 4. That means 8 mages!! Very resource intensive. Anyway, just my thoughts

Post Thu Sep 28, 2000 1:00 pm 
Kith-Kanin

Well dude, yer entitled to yer opinions. But the thing you gotta realize is that the stuff I say isn't really my opinion. Its fact. =/ That sounds cocky in a way I suppose, but the fact is me and axo probably have over 20, 000 games between us so we don't say bullshit to you. 20 grand games is a lot man, and thats probably an UNDER estimate (just so we don't look like huge losers, er wait a sec.. =(
But anyways, I also already stated that I think humans are no good on POS, but they can hold their own on gow.

------------------
-Kith-Kanin-

Post Thu Sep 28, 2000 2:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Soth

im curious, why arent humans good on pos? cuz of the smaller mines you dont go fort until you have an exp. Which means mages dont come in until the late game, if ever. Just curious

------------------
Mage Guild

Post Thu Sep 28, 2000 7:47 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Kith-Kanin

Most pos games don't even GET to fort, and because human weapon upgrades are more costly gold wise, then you're wasting a more valuable resource because the gold mines are small on that map. ALSO if you ever do get to fort, blizzard doesn't work as well because the map is very wide open so when you blizzard ogres they don't have any paths to be channelled into and wrecked, they can just all run around and avoid all your blizzards. But mostly the gold upgrades on weapons are why pos is not a human map.

------------------
-Kith-Kanin-

Post Thu Sep 28, 2000 8:10 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Tarquinn

2 things.

1. Yes orcs can do everything that humans can do except invis (ie.. ogre/sapp rushes, etc..), however, when I play humans, I force myself to play 10 times harder than when I am orc because when I am orc, I can just fall back on bloodlust and runes, whereas when I am human, i must allocate all of my resources and units and really push myself to overcome orc.

2. As far as humans no good on POS, I disagree. I think it's even myself. With the right strategy, you can force your opponent to never get fortress. Hell, you don't even need to go stronghold on POS. Just make sure to have all the mines scouted and not let your opponent expand. Make lots of level 5 footmen and the game is over. This strategy could be executed with either orc or human, regaardless of upgrade costs.

Post Thu Sep 28, 2000 9:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Tarquinn

Well to compensate for your lost gold I guess you have to be just that much better of a player. On POS, you shouldn't build peons non-stop. If you plan on doing a strat similar to 2 or 3 rax and all footmen, you don't need 30 peons. I've done several things to throw enemies off that were way ahead of me. Like throw up a cannon tower and hide your masses of footmen, keeping 1 in front of his base area to watch when he attacks. When he raids your base, all he will run in to is a walled off base and a cannon tower, while you can march into his [probably undefended] base. You know as well as I do that playing humans means using every dirty trick or tactic in the book, so I guess improvising on the fly would be the best concept for all human players to grasp hold of.

Post Fri Sep 29, 2000 6:09 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Kith-Kanin

Yer right Tarq, that level 5 footies can be done by either side, but if your rushing from 2 barracks and your orc its a lot easier to have 1500 gold around and 300 wood than it is to have 2400 gold around. Plus you have to consider that you'll be building 2 footmen so really you need an extra 1200 gold sitting around. Thats a lot of gold. Whereas an orc player can afford 1 1/2 extra footmen because he didn't need to spend 2400. That amounts to two extra peons he could have if he wanted, all for the price of a level. 1 extra footmen at the right time, and 2 extra peons at ANY time can make the difference in a POS game. ESPECIALLY pos/low.

------------------
-Kith-Kanin-

Post Sat Sep 30, 2000 12:49 am