FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

Pullin Peons

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Soth

Pullin Peons

Yo axo, I think I heard ya say something about pulling peons from gold to wood as soon as you have enough to support your rush. You know, I do that and it seems that I'm strangled for res when im upping hold. So I end up holding late to get more res to put up a second rax while going hold..assuming I'm 1 raxing. Sure, I know the build orders, yea im getting mill before keep, that sort of thing. I was wondering if you do pull peons from gold to wood while rushing, say 1 rax..then how many. I dunno, I like to build as many as I can for wood once I have a steady gold supply, but I always lust late :*( Oh, sure..in some cases I outlust the enemy by a mile, but its rare. Usually it's the other way around and I'm almost positive it has to do with the early game. Perhaps some tips could help me out. Thanks

------------------
Mage Guild

Post Sun Sep 24, 2000 11:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Soth

Pullin Peons

7 or 8 peons is a hella lot of peons even in a 1 rax rush..like I go and put up a mill soon as lvl 2 is done. You have maybe what, 15 peons? taking half of em just doesnt seem to leave enough for gold..Spose I could be wrong. I'll try it out anyhoo. thanks kith.

------------------
Mage Guild

Post Mon Sep 25, 2000 2:42 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Kith-Kanin

Pullin Peons

Well Axo can reply too if he wants, but basically, when your mill is about halfway done (if your 1 raxing) pull about 7 peons from gold and put them on wood. Then the rest of the peons you build put them on gold until you've got enough wood to go stronghold. If you're two raxing, I usually put 2 peons on wood just as my 2nd rax is finishing (to be able to keep up with farms and do a two cat rush if needed). Then once mill is being built I pull about 8 from gold and put them on wood. Then make sure you repair yer ogre mound quick and go fort asap, because you'll be behind a 1 rax rush. Although in a 1v1 odds are you're doomed anyways (assuming you did no damage to 1 rax rush).

------------------
-Kith-Kanin-

Post Mon Sep 25, 2000 12:26 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote