FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

Kith, quick question about mages for humans ;)

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sypher

sup Kith, i figured u were the most qualified human player out there... so I just need to know one thing..

When blizzing, where exactly should you blizz... i remember hearing someone say you should be like 1 square up and to the left of the specific spot you want to bliz.. I just cant really remember the exact spot.. if ya could tell me, it would be much appreciated...

Peace,
Sypher

Post Mon Sep 18, 2000 7:03 am 
Axolotl

Kith might want to answer this too, butI'll give you a good example. (I'm eventually going to do an 'aiming decay and blizzard' page in strategy as well).

When you cast blizzard on a building, it always misses a little bit off the top left corner. If you have a gruop of 4 halls all next to each other in a square, casting it on anything but the bottom rigth town hall, will cause some of the spell to miss. Casting it on the top left hall, will be the least efficient.

Now pretend that you have 2 simple wallins made up of all farms. One walling the left side of your city in, and one walling the right side. If you get hit on the left, you can cast blizzard right on the enemies that are hitting the farms. Because it aims towards the top left a little, you won't do much damage on your farms AND will have some blizz hitting his path of escape.

Now if you are attacked on the right side, and cast the spell on his units again , you are going to own your own farms, and maybe even splash damage your own peons a little.
In this case it's better to cast it 1 more space to the right (or even 2 if you know He'll have to run).

Just try to remember that no matter what you cast this on, it will be more 'top left' orientated from the position/building/unit you cast it on.
Hope this helps.

Post Mon Sep 18, 2000 9:50 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Kith-Kanin

Axo basically answered it. If your wallins are getting hit the left side is easy to do, but on the right side you have to aim a square behind whatever's hitting yoru wallin for the reasons Axo said. As for when you wanna blizz peons and stuff, if a guy is mining from the left (that means his hall is to the RIGHT of the mine) you don't actually NEED to click on the peon line, you can just click blizzard on his hall and it will own all the peons utterly (now the application for this is that say you can only SEE the bottom right hand corner of your enemies hall, if you click blizzard on it, and he's mining from the left, the blizzard will still hit his peon line EVEN THOUGH YOUR BLIZZARD RANGE WOULDN'T NORMALLY BE ABLE TO HIT PEONS).
As for when you want to blizzard ogres, it just depends on how laggy the game is. Usually cast on blizz right in front of the group of 9, they'll get hit by a few shards, then just shower the area around you and on top of you and you should damage most of them pretty good.
The trick is to be blizzarding ogres that your enemy isn't watching. Because if you can get 9 ogres to come in and attack your mage, you'll lose the mage but he'll lose 9 ogres. So if your wallin is getting hit, try sneaking an invised mage up to the enemies base (you should have one ready to go BEFORE the wall in is being hit), and then while your defending at home, hit some of his ogres at his home and odds are you'll kill the ones at his base. Just don't die at home, hehe.

------------------
-Kith-Kanin-

Post Tue Sep 19, 2000 12:58 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote