FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

Cool possibly switching races(from Z)

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sypher

Cool possibly switching races(from Z)

In case you don't know. Cool is one of the top zerg players in the world.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=155310

Seems like every day is worse than the last for zerg fans Sad

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:18 pm 
Fast Luck

lol zerg babbies

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:46 pm 
turtleman@can

I would enjoy seeing more zerg pro players. I don't really enjoy watching pvt or mirror matchups.

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:53 pm 
GenOciDe-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D5tMlK1GuY&feature=channel

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:05 pm 
7VlesSiah

The game has sort of gotten stale for me. I haven't played much the last month.

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:12 pm 
7VlesSiah

GomTV's rip off 1 month = a season for $20's has helped steer me away from the game.

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:13 pm 
turtleman@can

yeah I think that's a pretty huge rip off too. I honestly don't even care who wins that tournament. Although I think the game is getting better the more I play. You should log on and start playing some iccup maps.

Also if anyone wants to know how to get iccup maps, create a multiplayer game and in the search box, type iccup and hit enter... it will give you a list of all of the maps. These guys were the same guys who created all of the bw maps played in pro tournaments.

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:17 pm 
kublikhan

Sypher, what balance changes would you like to see?

BTW, GomTV is a rip off.

Post Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:06 am 
Sypher

-tech labs are too powerful. Terran tech path needs to be constricted more. For tier 1.5, terran just needs a tech lab. Zerg needs a roach warren, and toss needs a core. The way add-on mechanic works, it is too easy for terran to tech switch and they can pump out tier 2 extremely fast.

-Medivacs are also too powerful. Maybe up the supply for them. 2 supply for a dropship and a medic is pretty ridiculous when you think about it. Other solutions would be to decrease healing, have the healing or drop portion be an upgrade, or not allow unload to be shift queued. This effects TvP more than TvZ though.

-The tank nerf really doesn't do much in the ZvT matchup. Hydras now take 3 hits instead of 2, and lings take 3 hits instead of 2 on the outermost splash radius. shots to kill don't change on direct impact and mid splash. Someone did a test and 60 food hydra vs 30 food tank means that hyras now kill 3 tanks instead of 1. Pretty ridiculous.

-Marauders and reapers do too much damage to buildings. It creates a situation in which zerg can't be aggressive since medivacs create insane mobility.

-Hellions come too fast

-Banshees come too fast

Obviously if all of these things receive nerfs, the balance could completely switch in favor of zerg. However, these are the problems zerg face against terran. Blizzard needs to slowly scale back some of these things until Zerg stands a chance in the early game.

One idea I have seen floating around is to switch Roach and Hydra on the tech tree and buff/nerf them respectively. Zerg has very little range with tier 1. Having hydra at tier 1 would mean that ranged units like reapers and hellions couldn't kite the zerg to death. Also banshees would become a lot less effective.

Post Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:21 pm 
foonat

the roach/hydra idea is a good one i think

Post Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:28 pm 
Aerasal

before beta they switched the tiers of roach and hydra back and forth several times before ending with what we have now. i don't think they'll make that change at this point since that would affect the game way too much.

though I do wish they would switch their tiers again. I really don't like hydras in sc2.

Post Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:53 pm 
kublikhan

quote:
Originally posted by Sypher
-tech labs are too powerful. Terran tech path needs to be constricted more. For tier 1.5, terran just needs a tech lab. Zerg needs a roach warren, and toss needs a core. The way add-on mechanic works, it is too easy for terran to tech switch and they can pump out tier 2 extremely fast.

-Medivacs are also too powerful. Maybe up the supply for them. 2 supply for a dropship and a medic is pretty ridiculous when you think about it. Other solutions would be to decrease healing, have the healing or drop portion be an upgrade, or not allow unload to be shift queued. This effects TvP more than TvZ though.

-The tank nerf really doesn't do much in the ZvT matchup. Hydras now take 3 hits instead of 2, and lings take 3 hits instead of 2 on the outermost splash radius. shots to kill don't change on direct impact and mid splash. Someone did a test and 60 food hydra vs 30 food tank means that hyras now kill 3 tanks instead of 1. Pretty ridiculous.

-Marauders and reapers do too much damage to buildings. It creates a situation in which zerg can't be aggressive since medivacs create insane mobility.

-Hellions come too fast

-Banshees come too fast

Obviously if all of these things receive nerfs, the balance could completely switch in favor of zerg. However, these are the problems zerg face against terran. Blizzard needs to slowly scale back some of these things until Zerg stands a chance in the early game.

One idea I have seen floating around is to switch Roach and Hydra on the tech tree and buff/nerf them respectively. Zerg has very little range with tier 1. Having hydra at tier 1 would mean that ranged units like reapers and hellions couldn't kite the zerg to death. Also banshees would become a lot less effective.
For terran teching too fast to tier 1.5, what is the best solution here? Make tech labs more expensive/slower to warp in? Ditch tech labs altogether and move it's functionality to the academy?

What about terrans teching too fast to tier 2/3? Make factory take longer to build? Make academy a prerequisite of the factory?

Is building damage the only problem you see for Marauders? Many seem to feel they need a more general nerf.

I have also considered swapping tiers for roaches/hydras. I think it would be a good move. It would change dynamics alot, but it seems like the zerg could use a good shakeup.

Post Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:02 pm 
Sypher

quote:
Originally posted by kublikhan
For terran teching too fast to tier 1.5, what is the best solution here? Make tech labs more expensive/slower to warp in? Ditch tech labs altogether and move it's functionality to the academy?

IMO they should bring academy back and make either marauders or reapers require academy. This way you can differentiate between terran early game bio tree. Or maybe increase build time on tech lab like they did with reactor.

quote:
What about terrans teching too fast to tier 2/3? Make factory take longer to build? Make academy a prerequisite of the factory?

The tier 2/3 is a problem because due to zerg suffering early game, their shit comes out faster. A terran can do hellion into fast banshee and there is a window in which zerg cant do much since zerg was forced to stay tier 1 so long to deal with hellions.

quote:
Is building damage the only problem you see for Marauders? Many seem to feel they need a more general nerf.

Marauders mostly impact PvT, so I can't comment much about them. Lings/mutas do a good job of dispatching marauders. The only time I have difficulty with marauders is when a terran can load up 4 drop ships and shift queue unload next to all your hatches at the same time. Zerg literally needs 500 apm to respond to that while terran needs about 20. While zerg is reacting to drops, terran can just 1a his main army to victory. Medivac creates too much mobility with the best base killing unit in the game(stimmed marauders)

quote:
I have also considered swapping tiers for roaches/hydras. I think it would be a good move. It would change dynamics alot, but it seems like the zerg could use a good shakeup.

It seems like a good idea; however, it is hard to tell what effect it would have overall. I honestly don't think blizzard will do something that drastic either. I am pretty sure we are just going to have to wait until heart of the swarm to see big shifts in race mechanics.

Post Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:13 pm 
Shotgun_

So much QQ about problems that don't exist.

Post Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:01 pm 
$paCe

Increase range of roaches by 1 and all is well.

edit* actually that's a bad idea. Just give us an early clutch unit like what terrans have so that we can actually harass and not stay defensive for the first 15 minutes of the game.

Post Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:06 pm 
Shotgun_

zerg are probably the strongs race in the game now

Post Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:07 pm 
turtleman@can

I think shotgun is right. Nerf them.

Post Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:01 am