FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

Situation Report
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
BanMe

quote:
Originally posted by Kyr.Luoson
Vikings are the best counter not marines as they can endless kite your voidrays if they have any skill.

I was just using your own example.

In my experience vikings aren't really a problem if you're wary of them. Sure, you can't harass once they get vikings, at least until you get VR speed, but thats ok. In one of those games you can see the guy vikings up early pretty hard - but that means his ground army is non-threatening. Because a bio army gets exponentially stronger the bigger it is, making your opponent get vikings is worth it because that makes your ground army more cost-effecient against his bio. You can also trick him into going after your void rays, and use blink stalkers to chip away at his vikings.

If you play cautious, the worst case scenario is fighting army vs army with void rays and vikings in the mix. In that scenario, kiting is not an issue - if the vikings run, your voids will own the ground army. So yeah alot of the time in a big battle my void rays will end up dying to the large viking force he's built up, but my ground army will win because he couldnt focus on his bio ball.

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:27 pm 
Kith-Kanin

I find Thors, Tanks, Vikings, and a small mix of marines/marauders, is very hard to deal with as toss.

Thors and tanks are just so strong together. You need like 2-3 robo facilities pumping out immortals and even then you can get rocked by the 'rine/marauder.

If I lose to terran, it's usually due to that combination.

Post Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:11 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
BanMe

such an immobile army, you should try dropping all over the place and wreck havoc. If he makes enough turrets to guard his entire perimeter, that's enough minerals for you to expand once or twice, and you can still pick off turrets with VRs. The vikings may make it tough, but if he's that heavy in vikings and you can't seem to pick them off with blink stalkers, pheonix aren't a bad investment. They will come in super handy vs ground by lifting tanks once the vikings are dealt with.

Post Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:23 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Originally posted by BanMe
such an immobile army, you should try dropping all over the place and wreck havoc. If he makes enough turrets to guard his entire perimeter, that's enough minerals for you to expand once or twice, and you can still pick off turrets with VRs. The vikings may make it tough, but if he's that heavy in vikings and you can't seem to pick them off with blink stalkers, pheonix aren't a bad investment. They will come in super handy vs ground by lifting tanks once the vikings are dealt with.

I'm talking more mid to late game anyways. When I already have 3-4 expansions, terran is on 2 maybe 3. They turtle, use their mules and stay even with you economically, and then push out with like 2 thors, 5-6 tanks, 4 or 5 vikings, and then rest is marines and marauders.

I mean I've beaten armies like that before with templars, immortals, stalkers, and zeals...
it's just the hardest terran combo to beat, I find.

Some guys are going quick banshee/marine and it can be tough as well depending on the timing.

Post Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
turtleman@can

I'm finding marauders/medivacs/thors/svcs/vikings works against anything. you surround your svcs/thors with marauders keep your medivacs and vikings out of harms way and just rely on your marauders to rape everything while having very strong anti air and voila invincible army.

Post Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:35 pm 
foonat

throw in some ghosts for emp on templar/orb sentries and that clusterfuck is impossible to kill =/

Post Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:03 pm 
kublikhan

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
I'm finding marauders/medivacs/thors/svcs/vikings works against anything. you surround your svcs/thors with marauders keep your medivacs and vikings out of harms way and just rely on your marauders to rape everything while having very strong anti air and voila invincible army.
I would think that would get raped by mass air. Something like mass charged void rays or corrupters/broodlords. Thor's AA is not so good against heavy air units, and since you spent so much on your ground forces he will probably have more anti-air than what few vikings you manage to pump out.

In Ash's replay pack, The guy on Delta Quadrant(Renaissance) tried to do something similar to that build but Ash came in and raped him silly before the first thor was even done.

Post Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:03 pm