FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

Advice

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Shotgun_

Advice

I think it took around ten years, or 120 months or 520 weeks or 3560 days to go from 65x 8 to 600 for reps and 700+ for a single. Each workout was hard-the 65x8 was just as hard ( relatively speaking) as 500x8 in later years. You have to develop and maintain the proper mental toughness and discipline which is necessary for you to reach your own potential. This toughness is largely the ability to deal with pain, fatigue and discomfort associated with hard and progressive training. There are tens of thousands of people who want better strength, development and conditioning and they are totally committed to spending two or more hours a day, six days a week in training, they are willing to buy supplements, equipment, they are willing to do just about anything……except to include and embrace pain, fatigue and discomfort as necessary in their training. In fact, everything they do, everything they buy, every excuse they make is to avoid pain, fatigue and discomfort at all costs. The closest thing that I know to a "lifting secret" is this: Once you are willing to be uncomfortable at times in your workout, it does not take long for you to get used to it, in fact you may look forward to it and thrive on it. This is when you will embark on the journey to achieving the potential that lies within you.

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:09 am 
Tyrus

AMEN

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:32 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
NachoCat

Yep. People dont push it. I see people in the gym that i have seen consistantly there for 3 or more months. Some look the same and some look even worse. I call it "playing gym" ... its like when little girls play house when they are young... they like the idea of it, but when it comes down to the realness of it they dont want to do the work. they dont want to push themselves. so they go and do the same thing everytime they are there. never moving to a different machine or a different wieght.

If you dont push your self what is the point? you are going there for a result. your not getting it and your wasting your time and money. I guess this is all just to keep themselves occupied on there way to an uneventfull life and ultimatly uneventfull death. sad but true

Lazy unmotivated people, i just dont get it. they dont know what a better life they could be having. Hey, i guess ill just keep pressing on and leave em in the dust. PEACE

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:33 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
chaos

600?? 700?

what are these numbers?

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:46 am