FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> General Discussion

1on1 Games..

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
~AbstracT

1on1 Games..

First off I just want to say hello, I am fairly new to war2 (10 months), but have been playing like crazy, and have been blessed with Kith's Human Guide by ~`Nedro@PA.

My interest in this post is to find out the reason that ppl think that when they beat you in a 2on2 match, and then decline you're invitiation for a 1on1 game that they are better than you. Do ppl not understand that team games give an inaccurate portrayal of individual's skill due to extraneous factors???

Anyways, long live NWTR! (Too back Clickngo! is MIA)

Post Mon Oct 02, 2000 2:21 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
viperblade

1on1 Games..

Everyone knows good players get taken down in team games by lesser skill players when paired with someone who is new. It dunt take a genious. But players who challenge peeps to 1v1 after getting trounced in a team game are usually overly sensitive trash talkers playing like they have something to prove. Usuaully they belittle their new partner instead of trying to build him up. I almost always blow off 1v1 challenges after team pickup games. Who wants to play an emotional wreck?

viperblade

quote:
Originally posted by ~AbstracT:
First off I just want to say hello, I am fairly new to war2 (10 months), but have been playing like crazy, and have been blessed with Kith's Human Guide by ~`Nedro@PA.

My interest in this post is to find out the reason that ppl think that when they beat you in a 2on2 match, and then decline you're invitiation for a 1on1 game that they are better than you. Do ppl not understand that team games give an inaccurate portrayal of individual's skill due to extraneous factors???

Anyways, long live NWTR! (Too back Clickngo! is MIA)

Post Mon Oct 02, 2000 11:52 am 
~AbstracT

1on1 Games..

Yes, I do understand the "belittling of newb partners", and I admit I have done it, but usually, I do attempt to give them so tips and help them out....my point was not to portray myself as a trash talker, but rather to inquire into why players "feel" they are better than you and then proceede to decline your 1v1 offer....

Ah well, no real importance in this topic, just basically blowing some steam....hehehe...

Post Mon Oct 02, 2000 2:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Kith-Kanin

1on1 Games..

Well, some people are just prics. Me included hehehehhe. Although I usually don't tend to blame anyone unless I'm feeling like a pric that day. Mostly I myself don't care if someone thinks they have something to prove and asks for a "1v1 FUCKER????" There's just no point. I know who I can beat (which includes everyone at any given time [sounds cocky, but I could lose to anyone at any given time too, and I have]) Its just the way the game goes, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. If you wreck someone they'll talk smack to you and say it was all their ally and that they can own you. But really, who cares? Play them, if they lose they'll just say it was a bad game. If you lose they'll come back with an increased ego and self esteem and maybe when they get back to real life they won't feel like such a loser because they beat some shit talker on Bnet in war2. =(
So, if they decline, don't even bother wasting yer time, and when you ask don't ask like you think yer gonna win. Just say you wanna 1v1 because you thought the guy did good last game and wanted to see how cool he is in 1v1's. Then beat him down or get yer ass kicked. =/ If he's a pric about it, tell him he's sooo good and put one of these faces =/ after and wait for him to challenge you. hehehe

------------------
-Kith-Kanin-

Post Mon Oct 02, 2000 4:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Jza

1on1 Games..

I'm with Viper, I can have 2 kills. As long as my team wins, the fat lady has sung. Post game 1v1 challenges? Break out the violin and watch him cry. Just leave him in the cold dark channel alone in agony, in defeat. Haha nerds, just play the game.

Post Mon Oct 02, 2000 8:16 pm 
Sypher

1on1 Games..

bleh i guess Jza is right, but id rather have atleast 10 kills in a game :\

------------------
Sypher

[This message has been edited by Sypher (edited 10-02-2000).]

Post Mon Oct 02, 2000 10:25 pm 
PhantomSoL

1on1 Games..

Haha.. I agree with Jza and Viper.. but lemme turn the question around, why do YOU feel the need to play someone 1vs1 after getting beat in 2vs2? Maybe this is all in your mind.. give people the benefit of the doubt once in a while.. it will do wonders for the "fun factor" in war2. Incidentally... I don't play 1vs1 much because I can do that over the modem.. =/

Post Mon Oct 02, 2000 11:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Soth

1on1 Games..

viper speaks the truth. Some ~Smoke dude is trash talking to me, so we play a 2vs2, he gets 'smoked', forgive the pun. Then talks more trash to me and asks for a 1vs1. Since I had no reason to play him I was accused of "DODGE" and "newbie" etc etc =/

------------------
Mage Guild

Post Tue Oct 03, 2000 12:42 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Soth

1on1 Games..

I play 1vs1 when no one will ally me or too many people want to ally me =/

------------------
Mage Guild

Post Tue Oct 03, 2000 1:02 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote