FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

Shady Online Retailers

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Jza

Shady Online Retailers

Has anyone else had any bad experiences with horrible online merchants?
I want to strangle the person over the phone sometimes! One seller even attempted to dupe me out of cash once. The company is called A Matter of Fax. I got over charged and lied to on the phone by them and when I saw I was taxed, I realized the place was in my state...

ONLY when I told them I'm from Jersey City and that I will be coming to Harrison to speak with a man there face to face did they credit me back the $50 bucks they over charged me.

You know they had the typical dumb ass illiterate bitch working the phones for them and watching some fuckin soap opera while she does her nails.

Excuse my anger, but jesus christ, check resellerratings.com before you buy from one of these clown ass companies guys.

Post Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:21 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
x

I just buy hardware online. Used to check resellerratings.com, but now I just shop at newegg.com and never have problems. I have bought hardware from other places such as (off the top of my head) House of Computers (cheapest power supplies by far -- and they've been functioning perfectly for years now), Googlegear now "ZipZoomFly" or something and psboost.com (refurb prices), and never had problems with them. Just one tried a bait-and-switch from Tufshop.com and I've never shopped there again.

For hardware, just shop at newegg and save yourself time. With the exception of getting PSU's at House of Computers.

Post Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:57 am 
Jza

Thanks for the constructive comment. The thing that got me so upset was that they gave me a tracking number 2 weeks later for a 3 item order. An item for 500, one for 200+, and one for 15 bucks. The 15 dollar item came and an email the same day stating they (this is great too) "unexpectedly" run out of stock of the items.

So 2 weeks later I receive the 15 dollar digital camera tripod but not the camera they said usually ships in 2-3 days. I canceled the rest of the order with them today.

You're right about the ZipZoomFly/GoogleGear name swap x, I think I may try them out. Unfortunately for people who live in NJ, Newegg has stationed a warehouse here a few months ago. All Newegg orders to NJ now are taxed EVEN if they are shipped from their California base. So for higher priced things it's just not worth it.

I feel so bad for people who get screwed by companies that take advantage of the "trust" factor that comes into play with online shopping.

Speaking of PSU's, have you ever looked at the sleeved PSU's they sell at Performance PC? Very nice. I'm a sucker for high priced quality stuff sometimes and those things look great. Just make sure you get a PSU with dedicated rails. Helps stability.

Post Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:52 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote