FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

Al Jazeera Site
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
ThePanacea

"Now let me ask you, if you were sitting at home one day and some Russian guy walked into your house and proclaimed it his own, I think you'd be a little pissed. Especially when you arent given compensation."

I think it should change to some Native American guy, though obviously the point is still clear.

The thing with the Jews is that they have been the victims of so much hate by so many people for so many years. If I'm not mistaken (and I may be), the British gave Israeli's the land that was theirs many years ago before they were kicked out of it ... right after the holocaust.

It's really a shitty situation to be in since two religious groups claim the same piece of land and both have lost it only because of some other outside force.

At any rate, I'd prefer the US not be involved.

Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:47 pm 
Eradicate

No nation has some special right to what ever land. How do you define what land belongs to who? The fact is Isreal is in control of the land, and they should be the ones determining what happens to it. If they want to settle it, let them it's theres.

Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:52 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
ghostnuke

quote:
Originally posted by Eradicate
No nation has some special right to what ever land. How do you define what land belongs to who? The fact is Isreal is in control of the land, and they should be the ones determining what happens to it. If they want to settle it, let them it's theres.
they have the legal (though not moral) right to treat the pals however they want, they just shouldn't be surprised when the palestinians resent them for it

Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:57 pm 
Ocram-OB

quote:
Originally posted by ThePanacea
I think it should change to some Native American guy, though obviously the point is still clear.

neither the palestinians nor the jews are the native population of that reagion, but whatever.

quote:
The thing with the Jews is that they have been the victims of so much hate by so many people for so many years.

that is a brilliant reason why the isrealis may kill and suppress the palestinians.

Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:16 pm 
ThePanacea

What is your solution, Ocram?

I was merely saying that it's an awful situation because both groups have been screwed, though again, I prefer non-involvement.

Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:29 pm 
-667-

quote:
Originally posted by STOOPlD
wall up guys and keep good recon for sappers

lol

And as far as the legality of israeli actions, I wouldnt really say it doesnt conflict with things like the declaration of human rights.

But yeah, paperboy has a valid point. You shouldnt get pissed off when someone takes a huge percentage of your land, and bulldozes your house for a few decades.

Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:22 pm 
Eradicate

quote:
Originally posted by ghostnuke
they have the legal (though not moral) right to treat the pals however they want, they just shouldn't be surprised when the palestinians resent them for it

It's not resentment, it's hatred, and no one is surprised that the Jews and Muslims aren't getting along. This Isreal-Palestine conflict is just another reason how they justify that hatred.

International Laws are a joke, there isn't a way to inforce them without breaking some other international law. There shouldn't be a total disregard for international standards. Countries break international laws all the time, so significant about Isreal breaking laws? The only reason anyone gives a shit about Isreal-Palestine is because so much FOREIGN influences are at a stake. The best way to resolve this conflict to our satisfcation is to park our army in that region and police it for a good 15-20 years. This is really about our satisfaction, because the Jews and the Muslims will never be satisfied with any "fair" arrangement.

Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
ghostnuke

quote:
It's not resentment, it's hatred, and no one is surprised that the Jews and Muslims aren't getting along. This Isreal-Palestine conflict is just another reason how they justify that hatred.
Red herring.

Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:27 pm 
JiGGa_MaN

quote:
"Now let me ask you, if you were sitting at home one day and some Russian guy walked into your house and proclaimed it his own, I think you'd be a little pissed. Especially when you arent given compensation."

The thing with the Jews is that they have been the victims of so much hate by so many people for so many years. If I'm not mistaken (and I may be), the British gave Israeli's the land that was theirs many years ago before they were kicked out of it ... right after the holocaust.

It's really a shitty situation to be in since two religious groups claim the same piece of land and both have lost it only because of some other outside force.

At any rate, I'd prefer the US not be involved.

Well, actually, the Race of the person isnt important. I said Russian just to illustrate that we're dealing with a foreign people. If a Native American takes your house, you have to think it was due for about 200 years.

Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
JiGGa_MaN

quote:

Then how would you define a nation? Are they not just a collection of people all living in the same designated region, under the same government?

If a Nation has no right over certain land, then there is no such thing as a Nation, unless you consider a "Nation" to be simply the people within that land. In which case you would be referring to population. How do I define what land belongs to who? I would say whatever people are occupying it right now.

Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:27 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ocram-OB

quote:
What is your solution, Ocram?

I was merely saying that it's an awful situation because both groups have been screwed, though again, I prefer non-involvement.
my solution is that the united states of america should stop pumping money and that isreal should be faced to international consequences i.e. embargos. you wont never ever have peace in palestina if every armistice is broken by israelian missiles. no fucking wonder the palestinians react with violence.

Post Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:27 am