FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

Body Language -- good thread

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Skechers

Body Language -- good thread

this is pretty interesting..

who is into body language? b/c i think it tells more ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE are thinking than anything else, and it is always right, its like human nature to connect your feelings with a body language..

ok, here is why i say its human nature, i was rubbing the back of my neck one time and rubbing ur neck is a sign you want to get out of the convo, and that is exacly what i wanted to do, i just did it cuz i was not interestng in talking to this person, later i was like, why the hell did i rub my neck teh two times i was engaged in convo with this person, and that was the reason.. that convinced me..

i bring this up b/c i think this is an interesting subject, it can also help you with poker skills.

i know a few body languages about lying.

moving your eyes to the left, rubbing under your nose, put your hand over your mouth and others that slipped my mind.

Post Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:37 am 
Pimster

Yes this is very interesting. I often wonder if I use body language a lot, and if people are able to read it well. I wonder how much training it would take to completely be able to mask your body language and to be able to use this to your advantage in every possible situation. I know sales people get training, but that's just a little aspect I guess. Any psychologists out here to enlighten us?

Post Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:37 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Skechers

quote:
Originally posted by Pimster
Yes this is very interesting. I often wonder if I use body language a lot, and if people are able to read it well. I wonder how much training it would take to completely be able to mask your body language and to be able to use this to your advantage in every possible situation. I know sales people get training, but that's just a little aspect I guess. Any psychologists out here to enlighten us?

good point, i would like to know that too. i think it is strange that you have a certain reaction to do something, who implants that kind of stuff into our heads, i guess it is just there.

i trained myself already, i don't rub the back of my head or try to do anything when im in a boring convo but stare and nod my head--that means ur interested. lol.. and when i lie i try not to do any of those other things.

that looking down and to the left is something i see a lot of poeple do when they lie, its just like something people do.. its strange.

Post Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:32 pm