FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

Post Trade Deadline NHL

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
KillaBoBilla

Post Trade Deadline NHL

So what teams look the best?

Philly still looks pretty good, but I don't know how they will be in goal.
Ottawa is the most skilled team in the NHL but I dont know if Lalime will be able to come up big for them in the show. The addition of de Vries should help on D.
Toronto still looks pretty good. Pretty old, but pretty good. I don't think they needed Ronny Franchise, but he didn't cost them much.
Detroit might have some goaltending problems, but Hatcher will be back soon. THey can make a splash.
The Avs are always good. Good deadline moves.

Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:21 pm 
MulletFU

Re: Post Trade Deadline NHL

quote:
Originally posted by KillaBoBilla
So what teams look the best?

Philly still looks pretty good, but I don't know how they will be in goal.
Ottawa is the most skilled team in the NHL but I dont know if Lalime will be able to come up big for them in the show. The addition of de Vries should help on D.
Toronto still looks pretty good. Pretty old, but pretty good. I don't think they needed Ronny Franchise, but he didn't cost them much.
Detroit might have some goaltending problems, but Hatcher will be back soon. THey can make a splash.
The Avs are always good. Good deadline moves.

There is nothing wrong with Detroits goalie. They have the best goalie of the 3 goalies in net anyways. Legacy is a number one goalie for most teams in the NHL. I would put him ahead of Joseph and Hasek. And if you go by career winning percentage, Legacy should be in net. I have said it from the start, and will continue saying it, NO team with a foreign captain has ever won the stanley cup. So that takes Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver out right off the bat. None of those teams will win the cup, mark my words. I think Toronto made some excellent moves though, I think Leetch and Francis were great additions to an already solid team. I think Tampa Bay could be a force in the playoffs. Their team is geling like no other. And its not like they dont have a good goalie either. Habi is money. I think Tampa will either be ousted first round or make it far. I wonder what team will be the Cinderella team this year. Every year their is one. I could see maybe the Flames.

Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:52 pm 
cooldip

Re: Post Trade Deadline NHL

quote:
Originally posted by MulletFU

Legacy is a number one goalie for most teams in the NHL. I would put him ahead of Joseph and Hasek. And if you go by career winning percentage, Legacy should be in net.

I have said it from the start, and will continue saying it, NO team with a foreign captain has ever won the stanley cup.

I wonder what team will be the Cinderella team this year. Every year their is one. I could see maybe the Flames.

I agree legacE is the best goalie of the three but he has no playoff experience and that will hamper them...

about the foreign captain thing maybe you haven't heard but there is a first for everything, its stupid to say it won't happen, things change and if you don't think so you're not watching hockey....

I hope the flames pwn.....

Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:08 pm 
GaNzTheLegend

I hope the flames get eliminated in the first round cuz they suck.

Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:10 pm 
cooldip

quote:
Originally posted by GaNzTheLegend
I hope the flames get eliminated in the first round cuz they suck.

I hope the leafs fold to philly again....

The only chance they have is if ottawa knocks philly out, if its leafs vs philly they are owned....

Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:18 pm 
GaNzTheLegend

it went to game 7 last time, and leafs are a much better team now.

Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:23 pm 
cooldip

gotta love leaf fans....
every year is "their year" until they make their inevitable early exit for the playoffs....
thanks for coming out

Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:55 pm 
GaNzTheLegend

at least they make the playoffs every year unlike calgary.

Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:59 pm 
KillaBoBilla

yea it is a huge accomplishment to make the playoffs when you pay your players 70 million dollars per yer.

Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:23 pm 
cooldip

quote:
at least they make the playoffs every year unlike calgary.

At least we've won a cup in the past 35 years

owned

Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:29 pm 
GaNzTheLegend

ya when will calgary ever win the cup again? (never)

Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:39 am 
cooldip

quote:
ya when will toronto ever win the cup again? (never)

fixed spelling error

Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:32 pm 
GaNzTheLegend

soon my friend, very soon.

Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:18 pm 
JiGGa_MaN

Ok.

Ottawa looks money if Lalime gets his game back. DeVries is a beast, and will help BIG TIME. Perfect acquisition.

Francis - Really old, hasnt been doing well in Carolina this year, may only have been acquired for faceoffs, since hes one of the best.

Leetch - Great powerplay quaterback, good shot, pretty steady in his own end, makes good passes out of the zone, BUT is prone to bad giveaways (See Toronto Versus Buffalo a week ago).

DeVries - Unlike Leetch, DeVries had good numbers in NY. DeVries played against the top scoring lines of other teams while playing for NY, and has a plus/minus rating of Plus 15 - While playing for NY Rangers! - Leetch was a minus 5. GG. Toronto needed DeVries more then we did, instead they picked up another Gonchar, and havent solved their TERRIBLE defense.

Bondra - Similar move that saw Francis come to Toronto, only Bondra currently has 27 goals, after playing for WASHINGTON. Clearly a better acqusition then Francis was.

Vancouver - Wont matter. If Bertuzzi sits in the playoffs, they wont make it far enough to get him back in the lineup. Rucinski is good, but he isnt a game breaker.

Colorado - Tommy Salo has been horseshit since Team Belarus smoked him in the head with a Centre-Ice slapper to win the Semi-Final, and utterly embarass Salo. Hes hated in his home country, where he was once a hero for Junior Championship play. He is seriously tainted goods. Pray that Aebischer plays well; or you're fucked. Just ask anyone from Edmonton, how all those series against Dallas went...

Philly - They are fucking soft without Roenick and Primeau. They are almost as soft WITH JR, and Primeau. Esche has been good, but isnt a playoff goalie. Burke gets booed in Philly for a collapse a few years ago. Slowest defense in the league? Maybe. A Good forecheck owns Philly.

Tampa Bay - Uh oh. Suddenly the east has another beast. They are playing like butter, Andrechuk runs a tight ship, and everyone is buying into it. St. Louis has been playing with heart, and it shows. The Defense has been playing far beyond what anyone predicted of their skill. Khabi is a beast, Graham is just as Beastly. Lecavalier has been up and down, but should come to dance in the post season. Stillman was a beautiful move. He's playing awesome - So is Brad Richards, and Freddie Modin. They have a good shot if they dont face anyone big in the first round. Only downside, they have a smaller team, physical play could beat them down.

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:23 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
GaNzTheLegend

Francis has 2nd most assists of all time and 4th most points of all time... GG ?

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:35 am 
KillaBoBilla

quote:
Francis has 2nd most assists of all time and 4th most points of all time... GG ?

Gordie Howe has teh second most goals of all time. Why dont you bring him back too?

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:46 am 
GaNzTheLegend

cuz hes too old.

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:54 am 
JiGGa_MaN

quote:

And how many assists and points does he have this season?

It dosnt hurt to keep in mind, that in Gordie Howe's day, 50 goals a year actually meant something. Just like right now. When people like Nieuwendyk and Francis were in their prime, 50 goals a year was reachable by the top 30 players in the league. Now its more like top 2. Francis's stats are misleading. Just watch, he wont do shit.

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
GaNzTheLegend

quote:
Originally posted by JiGGa_MaN
quote:

And how many assists and points does he have this season?

It dosnt hurt to keep in mind, that in Gordie Howe's day, 50 goals a year actually meant something. Just like right now. When people like Nieuwendyk and Francis were in their prime, 50 goals a year was reachable by the top 30 players in the league. Now its more like top 2. Francis's stats are misleading. Just watch, he wont do shit.

we will see about that.

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:08 pm 
cooldip

quote:
cuz hes too old.

So is Francis

Oh btw catch the game tonight?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:54 pm 
GaNzTheLegend

shots were like 47-17 or something for the leafs and the leafs played their backup goalie who sucks.

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:29 pm 
JiGGa_MaN

quote:
shots were like 47-17 or something for the leafs and the leafs played their backup goalie who sucks.

Thats true. They outplayed Pittsburg, who stole a win.

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:13 pm 
Blues_

Francis has blown up stats because he played with mario for so many years. He isnt really that good, especially now.

Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:28 pm 
JiGGa_MaN

Actually, he barely played with Mario Lemieux at all. If you recall, during the 2 years the penguins won the cup, Mario played on a line with Jagr and Stevens.

Although, playing most your career in the 80's makes your statistics pretty untrustworthy, unless you're Gretzky.

Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:42 am 
cooldip

10 of calgarys last 13 goals were scored by thier three new guys...

thats trade deadline ownage

Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:09 pm