FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

Bill Gates

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Skechers

Bill Gates

this is an open topic about this beech..

first here, is what i have to say about the subject.

I think bill gates owes a lot more to us. This is why: his f*cking OS sucks, and he took advantage of everyone by selling it and marketing crap just to make a lot of money.. win ME was just a stalling os version he said until he put out 2000, what a dink..

recently or maybe last year? Ah forgot, anyway he freaking gave 50 million dollars to public schools.. what a cheap mother f*cker, he is worth 46 billion and growing, he should have at least gave maybe 500 million. I think he should give away more of his money, he is to cheap. I bet before he releases his new OS he donates something big… maybe? I dunno

Last edited by Skechers on Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:50 pm 
Pimster

There is no one in this world who gives more to charity etc. than Bill Gates. Ever heard of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation? They spend over 20 billion on various crap like disease prevention.

I won't even comment on the other stuff you say. You don't know a lot about business and marketing, that's for sure.

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:24 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
GaNzTheLegend

he donates alot

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:42 pm 
Skechers

quote:
Originally posted by Pimster
There is no one in this world who gives more to charity etc. than Bill Gates. Ever heard of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation? They spend over 20 billion on various crap like disease prevention.

I won't even comment on the other stuff you say. You don't know a lot about business and marketing, that's for sure.

ya i heard of that, but he is richer then what he gives, what is he afraid of that he needs that much money? he has to much, he needs to give more to things that need money.. i was watching tv and they say everyone in the us can get 150 dollars from gates.. lol that is not a lot... eh

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:55 pm 
Eradicate

Bill Gates doesn't owe us anything. The only reason to give charity is to make yourself feel better, and hopefully do some good.

http://www.RonPaul2008.com

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Skechers

[quote="Eradicate"]Bill Gates doesn't owe us anything. The only reason to give charity is to make yourself feel better, and hopefully do some good.[/quote]

yeah he does, windows is the basic format of everything and it sucks, mac is 10x better but it sux b/c of compatibilty and linux is to much of pain at times and no1 feel slike reading 1000 books just to boot up linux.

sooo, a os like lindows that is good reliable and compatable should have been mainstream and what not..

what about all the worms and exploits and viruses targeted at microsoft? what do you think about that crap? gates owes us for that

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:45 pm 
GleiP

You are a fucking idiot, Bill has wrote in his testament that all his money except 150 million to each child is going to Charity.

+ He aint got 50billion of cash -stocks in Microsoft. If he should give them all away he wouldnt own the company anymore

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:52 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Skechers

[quote="GleiP"]You are a fucking idiot, Bill has wrote in his testament that all his money except 150 million to each child is going to Charity.

+ He aint got 50billion of cash -stocks in Microsoft. If he should give them all away he wouldnt own the company anymore[/quote]

what did he say about all his money but 150 million?

he is going to give away all his money but 150 million dollars that he is giogn to give to his kids? that doesnt make sense

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:05 pm 
STOOPlD

stop making assumptions

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:13 pm 
kindbud

There's not one reason for him to give his money he earned away. If you don't like Windows, don't fucking use it. Don't cry because he utterly dominates the computer industry; it's pure genius, not selfishness.

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:37 pm 
Skechers

[quote="kindbud"]There's not one reason for him to give his money he earned away. If you don't like Windows, don't fucking use it. Don't cry because he utterly dominates the computer industry; it's pure genius, not selfishness.[/quote]

dude, luckyness is the word your looking for.

he got lucky, no if ands or buts, he stole all the ideas and got LUCKY.

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:58 pm 
Strapping Young Lad

incorrect

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:02 pm 
Skechers

no i think he did get lucky, if you look at it, he stole and based his things on other things he saw.

any programmer could have done what he did, he just saw the opp. and got lucky.

go read some books

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:59 pm 
JiGGa_MaN

quote:
Originally posted by Skechers
no i think he did get lucky, if you look at it, he stole and based his things on other things he saw.

go read some books

For one thing, alot of Bill Gate's money isnt liquid assets. (In lamen's terms, most his money is tied up in stocks, not cash sitting on his living room coffee table like you seem to think.)

For another thing, as the CEO of his company, any financial instability on his part, reflects poorly on the company, and therefore the stock, and stockholders. If he spent half his actual money, the microsoft stock would plummet many points.

He dosnt have to give any money to anybody, although he does give more then anyone else I know of.

And no, he didnt "get lucky", he created the Microsoft empire practically by himself, If you think designing DOS was lucky, you have an interesting concept of luck.

I think YOU should go read some books.

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:52 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Skechers

quote:
Originally posted by JiGGa_MaN
quote:
Originally posted by Skechers

go read some books

For one thing, alot of Bill Gate's money isnt liquid assets. (In lamen's terms, most his money is tied up in stocks, not cash sitting on his living room coffee table like you seem to think.)

For another thing, as the CEO of his company, any financial instability on his part, reflects poorly on the company, and therefore the stock, and stockholders. If he spent half his actual money, the microsoft stock would plummet many points.

He dosnt have to give any money to anybody, although he does give more then anyone else I know of.

And no, he didnt "get lucky", he created the Microsoft empire practically by himself, If you think designing DOS was lucky, you have an interesting concept of luck.

I think YOU should go read some books.

stocks are not considered liquid asset, but his stocks are becuase he owns them.

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:07 pm 
Vengence

Actually, he didn't design DOS, he bought it and improved on it.

Skechers, I honestly don't think you're in any position to be telling people to read books when your ignorance on the subject outweighs any actual knowlege.

People that complain about Microsoft are stupid IMO. If you don't like it, don't use it. It's not like you have anything to gain from their success/failure. Why do you even care? Did you creat the company? Do you work for Linux?

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:58 pm 
Pimster

Also, even relatively speaking he donates a lot more than any other rich person. Probably even more than 99% of the people that make a normal living.

I find it funny that the epitome of capitalism (sketchers, a young spoiled kid from the united states (no offense) is complaining about the world being unfair and saying Bill Gates got lucky. Your views are about as left wing as Stalin's Soviet Union a couple of decades ago.

Every day thousands of people are starving to death, billions of people are plain poor, and you probably spent 18 hours a day behind your linux machine, talking to other computer geeks on irc and all you can come up with is ranting about how cheap your common foe Bill Gates is.

It's hilarious really. I don't try to think about it too much because it makes me dizzy in a funny way.

Grow up, ok?

Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:08 am 
JiGGa_MaN

posted by Skechers: "stocks are not considered liquid asset, but his stocks are becuase he owns them."

Ok. You somehow managed to misread a small sentence.

I already said, that his stocks are NOT liquid assets.

That means, he cant just use his stock money to buy stuff, or donate to people. It means, he has to turn his company over to someone, and as long as that person is willing, he can sell his stocks for the market quoted price.

However, it would be EXTREMELY hard for Bill Gates to find someone with enough money to buy all his stock, and take over ownership.

Now. You say his stocks ARE liquid, because he owns them. This makes less sense then a Squid and a Shark slowdancing at a marriage between two Rhino's. Seriously. Think about that sentence for a minute.

"BECAUSE he owns them, they arent liquid" So if he didnt own that stock it WOULD be liquid asset? You should probably stick to pondering about old cartoon shows with sexual inuendo, because obviously financial discussion is far out of your reach.

Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:49 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Paper_Boy

The way Bill Gates donates to charity is smart 2. I here in Africa with the Aids epidemic he makes sure whatever he gives the government or whoever also agrees to meet him half way to ensure their is a mechanism to help the people in place.

And Skechers, what are you thinking? Do some research
And even if Gates could spend his entire fortune on charity, you think thats going to
solve the worlds problems? Cmon now

The u.s. takes in over 1 trillion in taxes a year and we can't even solve our own problems, Get real. If he holds onto his ownership and makes his empire bigger he can afford to be a greatever philanthropist when the time comes.

Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:01 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
$hazm

Windows did more for computers than anything else. I think windows is great. I couldn't imagain computers without windows.

Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:24 pm