FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Server.War2.Ru

Blid/LB/iL read pm's pls
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
smurf_king

I'd be able to log this weekend, we do need the war2bne bnet original cd right? Cuz ill have to re-dl that

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:50 am 
~iL

quote:
Originally posted by test

1. Not sure if he's working on this or what he needs to finalize it.
  2. Meaning a player comes to the lobby page, clicks on the Lounge, enters and is ready to play.
  3. Yes please. Whatever is easier for the players.
  4. The only port I've noticed that we have to change is in the IPXconfig > Broadcast Port > 6112. As far as forwarding ports in the router, nobody I know had to do this.

1. Not sure if he's working on this or what he needs to finalize it.
    Give me the final wrapper version, tell me it's what we all need and i'll include it to combat.
    Not sure now if Elusive give us something fixed or we should use IPXEMU or w/e.
    BTW, how does it work for war3 in voobly? Does it use some kind of the same wrapper also? (Maybe forward this question to Elusive).
  2. Meaning a player comes to the lobby page, clicks on the Lounge, enters and is ready to play.
    Oh, i see, that's what we discussed.

quote:
    Yes it can be done easily. But here is the pain in the ass the bot or program has to determine who is the host from voobly and create and the rest need to join.

I think joining ipx lobby would be enough for the first time. Anyways, you have to select the map, res, etc there using war2 stuff.
  3. Yes please. Whatever is easier for the players.
    Sure, waiting for your decision.
  4. The only port I've noticed that we have to change is in the IPXconfig > Broadcast Port > 6112. As far as forwarding ports in the router, nobody I know had to do this.
    Hm, i see you don't need to change IPXconfig Broadcast Port at all. It's being transparently incapsulated to the voobly client/protocol.
    You can use port 16000 or 15... or whatever you want. Just use the same port for everyone. Default one could be the easiest.
    Fix me if i'm wrong.

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:06 am 
terror-kahn

Zone and Voobly are pretty much identical. they're bascially the same IPX program.

I found this link on Axo's war2 page that explains a little bit about how PKT:4 (packet 4)'s work.

Right now in voobly, if you click "LAUNCH" it just launches the game for you. there is no DOS/CMD black window that opens up that gives the host (or any other user) the ability to specify how many packets they want to use. That leads me to believe we are basically being forced to use the default:8

if thats true, that would explain why it's so choppy/laggy at times.

Here is a good link with some good information from Axo's page ~iL

http://war2.warcraft.org/online/zone.shtml

http://www.youtube.com/ClanAbsoluteSynergy

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:21 am 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Lightbringer-

pkt8 will be smoother to play at the expense of unit response...

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:19 pm 
test

quote:
Originally posted by ~iL

1. Not sure now if Elusive give us something fixed or we should use IPXEMU or w/e.
    BTW, how does it work for war3 in voobly? Does it use some kind of the same wrapper also? (Maybe forward this question to Elusive).
  2. Hm, i see you don't need to change IPXconfig Broadcast Port at all. It's being transparently incapsulated to the voobly client/protocol.
    You can use port 16000 or 15... or whatever you want. Just use the same port for everyone. Default one could be the easiest.

We tried IPXEMU and it was the same outcome - still laggy.
Not sure if W3 uses the same wrapper. I'll ask.
Correct and I agree. Default port is fine. I tried to connect to Tupac using 6112 and it didn't work. Had to use default, then it was fine.
I heard from a few people that using 16000 crashes W2.

quote:
Originally posted by Lightbringer-
pkt8 will be smoother to play at the expense of unit response...

I've heard from a few people so far that pkt4 was the best one used on zone. Correct me if I'm wrong.

MiCh_

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:37 pm 
Fast Luck

pkt:8 is a bit high, the highest packet i remember people using frequently is pkt:7.

i think pkt:7 roughly is like "low latency" on bnet and pkt:4 is kind of approximatable to warlat's extra low latency.

lb is suggesting a higher pkt like pkt:8 because he has a laggier connection and wishes to sacrifice a little bit of unit response time for a smoother game. it makes sense for games he is in, whereas games with only people with good connections would prefer pkt:4

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:39 pm 
test

quote:
pkt:8 is a bit high, the highest packet i remember people using frequently is pkt:7.

i think pkt:7 roughly is like "low latency" on bnet and pkt:4 is kind of approximatable to warlat's extra low latency.

lb is suggesting a higher pkt like pkt:8 because he has a laggier connection and wishes to sacrifice a little bit of unit response time for a smoother game. it makes sense for games he is in, whereas games with only people with good connections would prefer pkt:4

I see. Makes sense. Thanks Smile

MiCh_

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:46 pm 
Tupac

Where is everyone who wanted to help???

Where is all the pro's at who called me newb???
Come now Wink

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:10 pm 
test

quote:
Originally posted by Tupac
Where is everyone who wanted to help???

+1 lol

The Voobly W2 thread has over 10k views, 160 replies and 119 'Yes' votes. Where are folks at? The more people that come and try games at Voobly, the better. We need feedback from as many people as possible. Your community voted, now we need your feedback since the Lounge has been added.

I posted a lot of things for Elusive to look at and asked a few questions that were asked here. I'm just waiting for feedback. I think he's been really busy this past week. I'll let you know when I hear something.

MiCh_

Post Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:42 pm 
terror-kahn

i feel like we cant go much further until Elusive gets involved .... unless Lance or iL have things they want to keep working on (they probably know more about what they're doing than anyone else) we are pretty much at a stand still.

Post Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
test

Unfortunately yes lol

Post Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:36 pm 
mousEtopher

Nice to see this moving along! I'm on Voobly now with Mich and PraiseVivec. Are there instructions anywhere for how to get this set up? Is w2bne still required, or will it work with combat now?

Last edited by mousEtopher on Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote  
GaNz

quote:
Originally posted by mousEtopher
Nice to see this moving along! I'm on Voobly now with Mich and PraisVivec. Are there instructions anywhere for how to get this set up? Is w2bne still required, or will it work with combat now?

works with either, just need the no cd exe that iL posted, replace that over the other one.

Post Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:37 pm 
test

Installation Instructions for Warcraft II on Voobly

Note: If you have User Account Control (UAC) enabled in Windows it might cause errors initially when setting up on Voobly. You might want to disable UAC until you are finished setting up. It is NOT recommended leaving this setting off permanently. Turn it back on as soon as possible. ( Windows Vista , Windows 7 ).

1. Install regular client from voobly.com
  2. Install test update from http://www.voobly.com/updates/voobly-v2.2.0.3-update-small.exe (Installation is separate. This update does not auto install with the Voobly client because it has not been finalized yet)
  3. Install WC2 - BNet or Combat Edition (if you haven't already)
  4. (With NOCD Errors) – Install the NOCDexe: ftp://ftp.war2.ru/war2/Warcraft%20II%20BNE_nocd.rar then extract in the W2 directory folder.
  5. Unzip the ipxwrapper files from http://devfile.voobly.com/vbly-ipxwrapper.zip into WC2 directory -- must use these versions of IPX wrapper modified for Voobly
  6. Copy IPX Wrapper files into the WC2 directory folder. Also make sure the .dll files in this folder are unblocked by > Click on each .dll file > Properties > Unblock (Otherwise Players will get an "unable to find IPX network" error). Newer versions of Windows might not have the option to Unblock. So skip this step if you have Windows 7 or 8.
  7. Open IPX Wrapper folder > Open IPXconfig > Make sure default port is 54792 (This must match all the other players in this lounge, otherwise the Player will not be able to see the Hosts' game). If players can’t connect using this port, try having everybody in the game use 6112 instead.
  8. Join Lobby at http://www.voobly.com/games/lobby/430

MiCh_

Post Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:14 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Installation Instructions for Warcraft II on Voobly

Note: If you have User Account Control (UAC) enabled in Windows it might cause errors initially when setting up on Voobly. You might want to disable UAC until you are finished setting up. It is NOT recommended leaving this setting off permanently. Turn it back on as soon as possible. ( Windows Vista , Windows 7 ).

1. Install regular client from voobly.com
  2. Install test update from http://www.voobly.com/updates/voobly-v2.2.0.3-update-small.exe (Installation is separate. This update does not auto install with the Voobly client because it has not been finalized yet)
  3. Install WC2 - BNet or Combat Edition (if you haven't already)
  4. (With NOCD Errors) – Install the NOCDexe: ftp://ftp.war2.ru/war2/Warcraft%20II%20BNE_nocd.rar then extract in the W2 directory folder.
  5. Unzip the ipxwrapper files from http://devfile.voobly.com/vbly-ipxwrapper.zip into WC2 directory -- must use these versions of IPX wrapper modified for Voobly
  6. Copy IPX Wrapper files into the WC2 directory folder. Also make sure the .dll files in this folder are unblocked by > Click on each .dll file > Properties > Unblock (Otherwise Players will get an "unable to find IPX network" error). Newer versions of Windows might not have the option to Unblock. So skip this step if you have Windows 7 or 8.
  7. Open IPX Wrapper folder > Open IPXconfig > Make sure default port is 54792 (This must match all the other players in this lounge, otherwise the Player will not be able to see the Hosts' game). If players can’t connect using this port, try having everybody in the game use 6112 instead.
  8. Join Lobby at http://www.voobly.com/games/lobby/430

MiCh_

Step 3 is going to kill it.

Not everyone kept all their old CD's.

Post Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:10 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
test

This is only for testing, or if people want to check Voobly out. These instructions are TEMPORARY.

quote:
Originally posted by GaNz
quote:
Originally posted by mousEtopher
Nice to see this moving along! I'm on Voobly now with Mich and PraisVivec. Are there instructions anywhere for how to get this set up? Is w2bne still required, or will it work with combat now?

works with either, just need the no cd exe that iL posted, replace that over the other one.

Once we get all the kinks worked out, I'm hoping people will just be able to join the lounge, launch the game and be able to play. Simplicity is key if we want this to work. I understand that.

MiCh_

Post Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:42 pm 
Lightbringer-

Combat can be downloaded kith. No CD needed...

Post Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:05 am 
Scrubbolator

Wouldn't play anything over pkt:4
Hell I played pkt:3 on kali with 56k modems

Post Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:59 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
test

Does anybody have ideas on how to fix the IPX wrapper lag? Other thoughts about trying out IPXemu? Do you think it's a combination of Player & IPX wrapper, or just coming from the IPX wrapper?

Also, are there any thoughts on how to host (Voobly) a pvpgn by using NAT Traversal (router bypass)? Simply hosting a pvpgn without using NAT would be pointless imo. Your community would be faced with the same problem it has here - hosting issues and having to forward ports. Elusive is giving this some thought as well, but I think putting all of our heads together, we might come to a solution faster.

I was on today, but nobody was around to test with. I'll try to be on tomorrow.

Thanks Smile

MiCh_

Post Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:08 pm 
smurf_king

followed instructions, logged in to voobly just now, no one on. will try maybe tomorrow.

looks nice.

i launched just to see, on the ipx-create game i get a black background wallpaper, nothing interefering with the options, just the background is black, is this the way it is with war2combat or .... its been like that since 96 i dont remember Razz

Post Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:26 pm 
terror-kahn

quote:
Originally posted by smurf_king
followed instructions, logged in to voobly just now, no one on. will try maybe tomorrow.

looks nice.

i launched just to see, on the ipx-create game i get a black background wallpaper, nothing interefering with the options, just the background is black, is this the way it is with war2combat or .... its been like that since 96 i dont remember Razz

odd. that doesnt sound right

once you are in the game whether you created or joined.... it's almost the same layout as combat or bne edition. colors and all are all the same.

you're not seeing what you're supposed to be seeing.

Post Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:30 pm 
GaNz

its a black background if you are using combat since it was stripped to make the file smaller,

Post Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:40 pm 
Tupac

quote:
Does anybody have ideas on how to fix the IPX wrapper lag? Other thoughts about trying out IPXemu? Do you think it's a combination of Player & IPX wrapper, or just coming from the IPX wrapper?

Also, are there any thoughts on how to host (Voobly) a pvpgn by using NAT Traversal (router bypass)? Simply hosting a pvpgn without using NAT would be pointless imo. Your community would be faced with the same problem it has here - hosting issues and having to forward ports. Elusive is giving this some thought as well, but I think putting all of our heads together, we might come to a solution faster.

I was on today, but nobody was around to test with. I'll try to be on tomorrow.

Thanks Smile

MiCh_

* cough * http://www.nattee.net/?q=node/105

Post Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:49 pm 
smurf_king

im in voobly war2 lobby right now if anyone wants to test

ill be online for 30more minutes.

Post Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:57 pm 
Fast Luck

I don't understand what we're testing. Have some changes been made that are supposed to stop it from lagging? If not, we already know it lags...

Also, if there is something you want to test, MiCh, I think you should give a heads up here first instead of just expecting people to be waiting around on voobly, where they can't actually play because of the lag.

quote:

Post Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:29 pm 
smurf_king

its called feedback

quote:
I would still like people to come to Voobly and play a game or two and see what their opinions are. So far I've seen about 10 people come to the lounge for testing. The more the merrier. The more opinions we have, the better off we will be. I would really like to see what an 8 player game looks like. We also need people here to see if there are fast proxy issues. So far I haven't seen any. I'm the only one in the lounge right now, so whoever has some spare time.. Smile

MiCh_
Voobly Warcraft II Lounge

Post Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:47 pm 
Fast Luck

i guess i dont really get it... isnt the opinion "it lags"? how many people do they want to come and say "it lags"?

quote:

Post Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:49 pm 
smurf_king

ur a moron

dont obstruct the progress. stop commenting

Post Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:09 pm 
smurf_king

quote:
Originally posted by smurf_king
its called feedback

quote:
I would still like people to come to Voobly and play a game or two and see what their opinions are. So far I've seen about 10 people come to the lounge for testing. The more the merrier. The more opinions we have, the better off we will be. I would really like to see what an 8 player game looks like. We also need people here to see if there are fast proxy issues. So far I haven't seen any. I'm the only one in the lounge right now, so whoever has some spare time.. Smile

MiCh_
Voobly Warcraft II Lounge

Post Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:22 pm 
test

No I don't expect people to wait around. I also don't think you guys need me for testing either. If there are ideas, the lounge is set up to test. Also, some people say it lags, some say it's not that bad. We also need bodies in rooms to see if there's fast proxy issues. That requires players in the Lounge to see if everybody is able to connect alright with our NAT system. If there are fast proxy issues, that's another thing we need to fix. So far I haven't seen any, but then again out of the 119 people or so that voted, I've seen maybe 10 people in the Lounge. Unless most of those votes came from people voting mulitple times on different accounts lol

I also need to see if the instructions I wrote are ok so I can have Elusive make it our permanent setup. People can just click on one thing instead of having people do that everytime we get a new player.

Thanks for the link Tupac. I'll send it to Elusive.

Elusive told me that WC3 has UDP/TCP native outside of battle net, so it doesn't use an IPX wrapper. IPX (he thinks) was only common pre-internet for some lans.

So far, I really appreciate the help and ideas of the people who've joined the Lounge in an effort to find errors, solutions to those errors, and to let us know how we can improve our system. Thanks again.

MiCh_

Post Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:59 pm