Blid/LB/iL read pm's pls
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
cpt^Claw

quote:
Originally posted by GaNz
quote:
Originally posted by cpt^Claw
melee meaning forced one peon only mode?
hummm chop farms, archers, 3v3arena, gruntwork, c6 and all pballs go to shet
chop no farms and bgh's dont

not sure how i feel about this Evil or Very Mad

no there is an option to use mapdefault settings.

yep, but it makes it fixed order automatically, which kinda hurts the gameplay

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:52 am 
GaNz

nope, its different on ipx. There is a seperate option for fixed order, independent from it.

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:54 am 
cpt^Claw

oh, alright then. making teams after the game starts is only a minor inconvenience i suppose

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:55 am 
Tupac

I think this is a huge waste of time for the people working on this. I don't see the community switching to this. To much work to do to really make this happen.

It would be less work and way better to stick with pvpgn. Lance is working with voobly. Might ask him for help before he out of his mood.

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:34 pm 
Fast Luck

quote:
Originally posted by Tupac
I think this is a huge waste of time for the people working on this. I don't see the community switching to this. To much work to do to really make this happen.

It would be less work and way better to stick with pvpgn. Lance is working with voobly. Might ask him for help before he out of his mood.
I don't think you're totally wrong. We can tell the community to move and they probably will, but since it involves having to go out and get a download, there is some concern there.

A lot of people just don't like war2.ru and assume anything will be better. I'm not so sure, but if it fixes hosting that's good anyway. It will be a sad waste of time if we switch and it's not as good, heh, but we'll have to see. People know the game is dying (which it is) so they blame war2.ru, that's OK... whether switching to voobly helps with that or not I don't know but I'm willing to give it a try.
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:16 pm 
TheSituation

war2 is boring after 5 games. No need to move.

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:24 pm 
EQ

quote:
Originally posted by TheSituation
war2 is boring after 5 games. No need to move.

This is what they said after 5 loss.

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:27 pm 
Tupac

I don't know why people bitch about hosting they have 3 options incase they aren't that smart.

1. Open the ports for the correct up. If you have access.
2. If no access to router. You can test and see if upnp is enabled and use software.
3. VPN

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:52 pm 
RipE1

i doubt that all the ppl will move. prolly like half of the ppl will have interest to dl and learn new things.

:/

i dont c any good reason to move either. we wont get any new players. sad but true.

http://sieni.us/?id=21

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:44 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
terror-kahn

so nobody is on voobly testing any more

is the project over alreadY? lol

http://www.youtube.com/ClanAbsoluteSynergy

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Fast Luck

quote:
Originally posted by terror-kahn
so nobody is on voobly testing any more

is the project over alreadY? lol
why would the project be over? why should there be people on voobly testing at every moment?

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:38 pm 
terror-kahn

yesterday there were a dozen or so people bouncing around trying different stuff... today it's a ghost town.

just seems kinda odd

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
test

Well, I only messaged 3 people about it. I actually only expected to see 2-3 people other than myself show up. But somehow people kept finding out and thats where they came from. It's best to only release things when they are ready, not during testing Wink Voobly is clearly not ready yet. It's functional, but it needs a good install process before it can even be pushed to a beta for community testing. Really the only people that should be testing anything is probably iL and myself along with the voobly devs. I will say though, you did a great job at it, I didnt expect that. Had I known, I would have msgd you as well. My bad. I'll be sure to include you next time thats for sure, you did awesome.

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:19 pm 
terror-kahn

nfp i just wish i could do more. i had fun doing it and imagining the possibilities.

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:08 pm 
terror-kahn

To whom it may concern (if it concerns anyone at all): one thing i didn't go into detail about in the previous post about the voobly experience was the "zone feel"

i didnt realize it, but after playing on voobly and just hanging out in the chat/lobby, voobly (and zone) just have a more um, "Clean" or "Crisp" feel to it than server.war2.ru. Server.war2.ru just seems like a dark gloomy dungeon.. im sure 99% of it is simply the difference in color scheme between the two of them, but i do believe colors influence people's behavior and moods and entering server.war2.ru is not very "welcoming" as far as the color scheme goes.

its just like walking into someone's house. Dark colors "close" the space and make the home seem less welcoming than brigter "open" colors.

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:10 pm 
~iL

Well, what i have to say:
The main problem is to fix lag problem.
Something like /cd war2 pkt:4 or w/e for bne version?

Now it starts just "Warcraft II BNE.exe" as declared in voobly.dll. Just need to change the program name.

Not sure about shared vision or fixed order/one peon, looks like something will return to oldschool kali style, something could be fixed by external code (like my patcher).
/f, /w and other bnet commands will not be working of course.

Voobly chat is good, not sure it if works at the same time as the game, i think no.
Many different clicks (menu, network game, ipx, connect) could be easily integrated into 1 button "start" inside the voobly chat i think. (Tupac, where is your nuclear reseach for war2 code and bots? I think you know how to do it easily).

At the same time lots of such things could be fixed for the bnet version also.

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:03 am 
GaNz

Now its up to Voobly to find a solution to the lag problem. There is no use making anything till this is fixed because if it doesn't get fixed then we are not going to move there and it will be a waste of time.

Shared vision exists in enhanced IPX.

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:05 am 
Tupac

quote:
Originally posted by ~iL
Well, what i have to say:
The main problem is to fix lag problem.
Something like /cd war2 pkt:4 or w/e for bne version?

Now it starts just "Warcraft II BNE.exe" as declared in voobly.dll. Just need to change the program name.

Not sure about shared vision or fixed order/one peon, looks like something will return to oldschool kali style, something could be fixed by external code (like my patcher).
/f, /w and other bnet commands will not be working of course.

Voobly chat is good, not sure it if works at the same time as the game, i think no.
Many different clicks (menu, network game, ipx, connect) could be easily integrated into 1 button "start" inside the voobly chat i think. (Tupac, where is your nuclear reseach for war2 code and bots? I think you know how to do it easily).

At the same time lots of such things could be fixed for the bnet version also.

Yes it can be done easily. But here is the pain in the ass the bot or program has to determine who is the host from voobly and create and the rest need to join.

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:07 pm 
Tupac

Had anyone verified if the lag is from the ipx wrapper or what?

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:19 pm 
GaNz

Thats what I was saying before. We need a couple people with windows 98 to test it out and then we will know if its the IPXWrapper or not.

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:21 pm 
test

Hello everyone Smile This is MiCh_ and I'm using Lances' login because I was unable to create my own. (Thanks Lance)

I'm one of the people on Voobly that is trying to assist you guys with getting this to work as smoothly as possible. One of the major hurdles was getting our Owner ( Elusive ) to add the Warcraft II Lounge to Voobly. Now that it's been added, we really need your support in helping test. Without this, we can't do much. I don't blame any of you for wanting a smooth transition, as I would want the same if I were in your position. Help me, help you Smile

So far on the to-do-list I have the following (please let me know if you have things to add that are of concern):

• Fix choppiness
  • Lag with certain amount of players (?) or related to:
  • Is IPXWrapper causing the lag
  • Polished installer (with IPXwrapper) (Auto install)
  • NoCD exe
  • A few clicks and players will be ready to play. Instead of going through multiple steps to play on Voobly (Maybe we can put this on the Lounge Page )
  • Change to Combat edition instead of BNet edition?

Positive points

• Everybody seems to be able to host (so far)
  • No port forwarding necessary (correct me if I'm wrong)
  • Unit/Command response time in the game is excellent
  • Familiar Zone layout
  • Anything else I failed to add?

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:26 pm 
Fast Luck

List looks okay. Do you need people to go on there or does the IPXwrapper/lag issue need work first?

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:53 pm 
Tupac

quote:
Originally posted by test
Hello everyone Smile This is MiCh_ and I'm using Lances' login because I was unable to create my own. (Thanks Lance)

I'm one of the people on Voobly that is trying to assist you guys with getting this to work as smoothly as possible. One of the major hurdles was getting our Owner ( Elusive ) to add the Warcraft II Lounge to Voobly. Now that it's been added, we really need your support in helping test. Without this, we can't do much. I don't blame any of you for wanting a smooth transition, as I would want the same if I were in your position. Help me, help you Smile

So far on the to-do-list I have the following (please let me know if you have things to add that are of concern):

• Fix choppiness
  • NoCD exe
  • A few clicks and players will be ready to play. Instead of going through multiple steps to play on Voobly (Maybe we can put this on the Lounge Page )

Positive points

• Familiar Zone layout

So anybody setup vms yet to get the lag pin pointed?

Use iL's no cd copy the files, paste in the war2bne folder, run the .reg and execute the cdloader.... Boom thats done.

Also voobly software needs to allow me to edit the game path.

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:04 pm 
test

I sent an email to iL about an hour ago. Hopefully he can help us out with some of the technical points.

Yes the IPX wrapper seems to need some work. I would still like people to come to Voobly and play a game or two and see what their opinions are. So far I've seen about 10 people come to the lounge for testing. The more the merrier. The more opinions we have, the better off we will be. I would really like to see what an 8 player game looks like. We also need people here to see if there are fast proxy issues. So far I haven't seen any. I'm the only one in the lounge right now, so whoever has some spare time.. Smile

MiCh_
Voobly Warcraft II Lounge

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:09 pm 
~iL

Well, let me try to fix that list:

Number one. Have to get good lat before all.
    Need to edit voobly.dll to start some .bat-file or w/e to run war2 with any parameters or additional nocd programs.
    Part of p.1
  • NoCD exe
    Part of p.1 As a temporary solution, you can use ftp://ftp.war2.ru/war2/Warcraft%20II%20BNE_nocd.rar - it's the original exe with nocd included.
  • Fix choppiness
    Yes
    Much later. Nothing easier to include it to cobmat after Elusive releases final ipxwrapper pack. No problems at all.
    Didn't understand what do you mean.
    Up to you. Easy for me to copy that files to combat. Easy for everyone to copy that files to any war2 version they want.

Positive points

Sure
    Need to check. We didn't check that if i understand. Just change ipxwrapper port to anything not forwarded via router and try.
    Yes, if lag will be resolved.
  • Familiar Zone layout
    Sure, that;s great
    War2 becomes a part of big old games voobly community, that could involve lots of people, i hope...

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:12 pm 
GaNz

quote:
Originally posted by test

[*]Fix choppiness
[*]Lag with certain amount of players (?) or related to:
[*]Is IPXWrapper causing the lag
[*]Polished installer (with IPXwrapper) (Auto install)
[*]NoCD exe iL's works fine.
[/list]
Positive points

• Familiar Zone layout

I will comment on a few things.

[*]NoCD exe

iL's works fine.

[*]Lag with certain amount of players (?) or related to:

From what I noticed, playing with 2 players was the same as playing with 4 players.

[*]No port forwarding necessary (correct me if I'm wrong)

Yes worked for me, I never forwarded any ports and could host and join fine.

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:41 pm 
test

quote:
Originally posted by ~iL

1. Polished installer (with IPXwrapper) (Auto install)
    Much later. Nothing easier to include it to cobmat after Elusive releases final ipxwrapper pack. No problems at all.
  2. A few clicks and players will be ready to play. Instead of going through multiple steps to play on Voobly (Maybe we can put this on the Lounge Page )
    Didn't understand what do you mean.
  3. Change to Combat edition instead of BNet edition?
    Easy for me to copy that files to combat. Easy for everyone to copy that files to any war2 version they want.

4. No port forwarding necessary (correct me if I'm wrong)
    Need to check. We didn't check that if i understand. Just change ipxwrapper port to anything not forwarded via router and try.

1. Not sure if he's working on this or what he needs to finalize it.
  2. Meaning a player comes to the lobby page, clicks on the Lounge, enters and is ready to play.
  3. Yes please. Whatever is easier for the players.
  4. The only port I've noticed that we have to change is in the IPXconfig > Broadcast Port > 6112. As far as forwarding ports in the router, nobody I know had to do this.

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:59 pm 
Tupac

Ok found a possible solution to lag.

Instead of IPX wrapper use IPXEMU

But i think voobly needs to edit the source to make us VPN a lan to voobly to see games. I wonder if it would lag.......

http://ipxemu.sourceforge.net/

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:59 pm 
Tupac

Ok we are still fucked. I got ipx emu and hamachi working and still lags with total different method.

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:11 am 
Lightbringer-

Is combat the war2 version to use when testing out now? I should be able to log tonight.

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:24 am