FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Server.War2.Ru

azazel jordan4385 denys ss
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Shaman

quote:
Originally posted by TheSituation
your chain of events are wrong. i don't know of anyone who ask for ss then pause. foonat is confused or misworded. my comment only contridicts foonat. you are very confused and playing the defense attorney to a key nit picking.

Yeah, as I stated before, it doesn't make sense to me either for someone to ask first and then pause, even if the pause is immediate. But I based all of my information off of what was provided in the thread, which is all I had to go off, and it all pointed to that being the case. Your comment actually contradicts 3 things: Foonat's comment, blid's comment and the actual screen shot. Although it could be argued that the latter 2 are the same, as blid's comment is based on the screen shot.

I don't care much what happens to Jordan or anyone else in regards to this game. I'm just killing time at work trolling the forum of some old friends.

~Jeff

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:37 pm 
Shaman

quote:
edit: and i can tell you i don't value your post at all you've already showed earlier that you are biased towards me and would do the same thing jordan is doing. that being said, its not surprising why you are coming to his defense so strongly. you are completely ignoring the fact that he's apparently been caught hacking. you newb fuck

Wow, you were almost civil there for a while, but couldn't contain yourself, lol. I did say earlier that, from what little I've seen of you, I thought you were a douche, that is true. You are just enforcing that even more now.

But, back to my posts, I was basing all of my comments in my previous posts off of the evidence that was provided at the time. The only real evidence you provided was that you asked for a screen shot and no one is disputing this, so it really isn't evidence. So there was really no evidence from you for me to show bias towards and therefore any bias I may have towards you did not factor into my comments.

Furthermore, I was one of the first people on Kali to spread the word about hacks as soon as I learned of them so that others would be aware of them and watch out for them. I am completely anti hack and think anyone that uses them is a POS and should be banned not just from the game, but from life. So, if anything, I would be more biased against Jordan if I thought he truly were hacking based on the evidence in this thread.

~Jeff

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:50 pm 
Shaman

quote:
if you don't ban him for this you set an example for people who like to toggle.
1. ssing unpaused is unacceptable
2. waiting 2 days to post is unacceptable.

Wow, stop editing your post and just make new ones. That's at least 3 edits for this post that I've noticed now.

First of all, you aren't an admin and it isn't your place to tell them how to do their job. Yes, you're one of the players they're trying to create a friendly gaming environment for, so your opinion counts, but you also show no respect to them, so why should they show any to you?

Secondly, I see nothing wrong with giving Jordan a one week ban for this. Personally, I wouldn't and just watch him more closely, but that's just how I would do it and can respect a decision either way. If anything, it should cause him to post screen shots more quickly in the future.

~Jeff

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:04 pm 
`xE~Goliath`

quote:
Originally posted by Ywfn
I agree that it just got a lot more likely he's innocent, but in the interest of keeping the doors for abuse closed, it's best that rules be enforced unilaterally.

No proof that he hacks, if anything he was being a prick in waiting so long. But that is not uncommon here.

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:07 pm 
{Lancelight}

Burgerz for everyone!

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:27 pm 
Picka_materina

I don't even play this game anymore and yet even i remember some things. So to address a few issues here.

quote:
Originally posted by ywfn
Claiming you don't have it and coming back later with something is basically the same thing as never producing it at all.

He never claimed he actually does not have the ss. At least that's what i am reading. Maybe my english is lacking. He said he does not have a paused one.
quote:
Originally posted by foonat
what i meant was the request and pause happened almost simultaneously, so a screenshot without a "jordan4385 resumed the game", or actually paused, is strange to me

I'm surprised you guys don't know this as even i remember this. War2's screen is designed in a way that "game system msgs" (lack of a better name for it) are displayed 1 row bellow the chat messages. However, they both share that same line on the display, so one overrides the other. So, when you pause/unpause, those share the same line, but the same line is shared with a system msg of "not enough food". Try it yourself. Build hall, put farm to build, pause game, unpause, in the bottom line you see "player xxx resumed game", press on hall to make a peon, it gets overwritten by "not enough food".
There are i believe 3 levels of messages in war2, 2 being 1 line, and chat spanning on several.[/quote]

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:28 pm 
`xE~Goliath`

Well said.

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:37 pm 
Sentinel

I dont understand how that fits into jordan's SS/story though (I admit the sequence of events with the rules of how the text works is getting complicated to me).

You're saying the "not enough food" message and pause/unpause share the same line, but its not like the "not enough food" thing would override thesituation pausing if the game was paused, since he couldnt issue that command.

If you're saying the game was unpaused and then he attempted to make a peon with not enough food, we would also see foonat's LOL and thesituation's "OMG" wouldnt we?

If this is what you're claiming the sequence is:

1. thesituation asks for SS
2. jordan takes instantly
3. thesituation pauses
4. jordan unpauses
5. jordan orders a peon, not enough food, the unpause is washed away

Where is foonat's 'lol?'

^this is assuming there was a time period in between situation asking and situation pausing which is contradictory to what situation and foonat claim.

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:40 pm 
Picka_materina

One more thing, the 1/5 farms, yet the message says "not enough food" that this hacker lance brought up. I think all the hacking made it not clear how war2 mechanics work, which is clearly visible in this ss.
Normaly, when yo don't have a maphack (it's why lance got confused), you notice these things and they stick in your head.

It's rather clear from the ss that the farm JUST finished by 2 things.
1. The message "not enough food is not yet dissapeared"
2. The vision from the peon has not even gone into motion (seen by the fog of war that is 1 space from the peon, whereas it should be more). When you build a building, while the peon builds, you have a vision of the building that's being built, however, once it finishes, on the screen you first see the peon pop out, and a fraction of a second later, peon's vision gets in place (ie, expands). In the ss, peon's vision has not yet taken effect, thus proving the farm just finished.

I don't expect lance to know these things seeing how he's used playing without fog of war.

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:42 pm 
`xE~Goliath`

Exactly.

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:45 pm 
Shaman

quote:
Originally posted by Sentinel
^this is assuming there was a time period in between situation asking and situation pausing which is contradictory to what situation and foonat claim.

Actually, foonats wording claims there was a time period between the ask and pausing. If you ask first and then immediately pause, there is a time frame between asking and pausing where it would theoretically be possible to take a screen shot of the asking before the pause. It doesn't need to be a few seconds, it can be a fraction of a second to open it to the realm of possibilities.
quote:
Originally posted by Sentinel
I dont understand how that fits into jordan's SS/story though (I admit the sequence of events with the rules of how the text works is getting complicated to me).

You're saying the "not enough food" message and pause/unpause share the same line, but its not like the "not enough food" thing would override thesituation pausing if the game was paused, since he couldnt issue that command.

If you're saying the game was unpaused and then he attempted to make a peon with not enough food, we would also see foonat's LOL and thesituation's "OMG" wouldnt we?
If this is what you're claiming the sequence is:

1. thesituation asks for SS
2. jordan takes instantly
3. thesituation pauses
4. jordan unpauses
5. jordan orders a peon, not enough food, the unpause is washed away

Where is foonat's 'lol?'

Are you referring to my previous sequence? If so, you have it all wrong, but that's ok, I have a new one for you, =). If thesituation and foonat said "OMG" and "lol" AFTER the unpause, the following could be true, given the functionality of the system messages:

1) thesituation pauses (system message about pausing)
2) thesituation asks for screen shot.
3) jordan unpauses (system message changes to unpausing)
4) jordan tries to build a peon (system message changes to food message)
5) jordan takes a screen shot
6) thesituation says "OMG" and foonat says "lol"

This scenario is probably more likely, given the information in the thread. If Jordan had to alt tab to disable a hack, he likely wouldn't have had the time to do so before the "omg" and the "lol". But if he had a hotkey for disabling it, it would be possible that he could have done this some time between items 3 and 5 above. However, it still seems unlikely he would have had time to disable a hack in that time frame.

However, he had plenty of time to doctor the screen shot. So, given the new information provided by picka and being that this isn't for his permanent ban, I think it is justifiable to give him the one week ban. If for no other reason than to ensure he posts screen shots in a more timely manner in the future.

~Jeff

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:58 pm 
{Lancelight}

We dont serve hotdogs here picka, the hotdog guy is around the corner.

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:59 pm 
TheSituation

I don't know why anyone takes into account of what Lance has to says at all. period.

That being said, his chat should show me at the very least saying 'omg' if the ss was taken after the pause.

The only reason this is being discussed is because jordan put him self in this situation. By not taking it while it was paused(shaman shut the fuck up already you have the sequence of events all wrong still. all you are doing is confusing people further.) and by waiting 2 days to post it. Hardly anyone is denying that.

@xe~goliath eat a dick. you're one of two people who actually cares enough to smurf.

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:00 pm 
{Lancelight}

quote:
Originally posted by Shaman

5) jordon hits "End" button disabling his home brew hack that I know he has
6) jordan takes a screen shot
7) thesituation says "OMG" and foonat says "lol"

Fixed.

Last edited by {Lancelight} on Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:01 pm 
Shaman

quote:
That being said, his chat should show me at the very least saying 'omg' if the ss was taken after the pause.

So you're claiming that you said "omg" WHILE it was paused? That is the only way you can be certain that a screen shot taken after it was unpaused would contain your "omg". If you said it after it was unpaused, he could have easily taken the screen shot before you typed "omg". Simple logic.

~Jeff

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:06 pm 
Shaman

quote:
Originally posted by {Lancelight}
quote:

5) jordon hits "End" button disabling his home brew hack that I know he has
6) jordan takes a screen shot
7) thesituation says "OMG" and foonat says "lol"

Fixed.

Exactly as I said, if he had a hotkey for it, it would be easy for him to hit it between my 3 and 5 (now 6), which is where you added your new 5, although it could also be before 4.

~Jeff

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:08 pm 
TheSituation

what the fuck are you talking about jesus. you are confusing your self
simply put this is how it went. dont try to use your investigative skills or what ever the fuck that has made you come to the conclusion of how shit went down

1 paused
2 asked for ss
3 jordan unpaused
4 said omg

HIS screenshot if it was taken after his unpause should show my chat, but it doesn't and his build is like 5-6 seconds behind mine which leads me to believe it was taken before. although he's complete shit i wouldn't put it past him to be that far behind.

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:08 pm 
Shaman

quote:
simply put this is how it went. dont try to use your investigative skills or what ever the fuck that has made you come to the conclusion of how shit went down

1 paused
2 asked for ss
3 jordan unpaused
4 said omg

I think you're the only one that's confused. Can you really not see that if you said "omg" AFTER he unpaused it, there is a time frame between when he unpaused and when you said "omg" that many things could have happened. Let's see, what takes more time:

1) Jordan, who already knows that he unpaused it and whose mind needs no time to register this, hits a single key on his keyboard to print screen (or 2 keys if he had to disable his hack).

or

2) You see that it's unpaused, your brain registers this, you respond to it by hitting 5 keys on your keyboard (<enter><o><m><g><enter> (or 6 if you shifted).

Obviously pressing 1 key (or 2) can take a shorter amount of time than pressing 5 keys (or 6), especially when you factor in the different reaction time. He had none, since he knew he was unpausing it.

~Jeff

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:16 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:

1 paused
2 asked for ss
3 jordan unpaused
4 said omg

HIS screenshot if it was taken after his unpause should show my chat, but it doesn't and his build is like 5-6 seconds behind mine which leads me to believe it was taken before. although he's complete shit i wouldn't put it past him to be that far behind.

lollllllll QQing like a motherfucker
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:40 pm 
The_G0D

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
Jordan is allowed to hack imo

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:41 pm 
TheDRAX

Fuck yes Jordan has hacks. I remember he kept getting banned from game so he re-logged under different name and lvl 1 blizzed the host that booted him. Blid said that since it was in good fun and not during an actual game or some shit he let it slide. Ban the fuckin weirdo.

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:37 pm 
Picka_materina

quote:
5) jordan takes a screen shot
6) thesituation says "OMG" and foonat says "lol"

Ok, this is exactly how i see it happened.
He paused, asked for ss, jordan unpaused and took the ss. If he did not say "omg" or "lol" while it was paused, the screenshot is legit. Otherwise it's not because that should be on the screen. However, situation just confirmed he said "lol" after the pause.

But to continue on on the "if he fixed it in paintshop" or something.
How is he going to add the chat in perfectly, or the fog of war on minimap or on his screen, and blend in all the borders? Given that we can presume he does not have pro photoshop skills (since if you go with "he's a pro at photoshop" then you can assume he can fake anything)?
I ask the last thing as i don't see it being unnoticable unless you're some photoshop master.
quote:
Originally posted by {Lancelight}
We dont serve hotdogs here picka, the hotdog guy is around the corner.

I was coached to be exceptional, i know where the hot dogs are.

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:56 pm 
Shotgun_

Jordan and blid actually have a same sex relationship IRL.

no jokes.

Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:21 am 
Ywfn

sg with the hardcore envy.

Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:11 am 
GenOciDe-

I think this whole issue of what happens if someone immediately unpauses a paused ss request needed to be clearly addressed ever since the billybudd_ incident. To me, this behavior is very suspicious and most likely indicates foul play and should be punished accordingly. I'm not sure what the consequences are right now, if any, but I do know people are sliding by on these slop jockey rules yao these weed cookies are delicious

Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:12 pm 
Jordan4385

LOL, newbs.

Post Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:16 pm 
Sparkz102

I never saw the ss - permaban forever

Post Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:39 pm 
woofy

quote:
Originally posted by Sparkz102
I never saw the ss - permaban forever

done.