FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

Selling my Tower of Power
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
hassan-i-sabbah

heh i built my new pc a week ago and was like "ok now time to play all those games my old pc was choking on" and i realized i'm tired of most of my games and most games suck and most of the ones i want to play played fine on my old machine : |

the worst was trying to go back and get into civ 5, good lord. how is this consistently one of the top 10 games on steam? it has to be the most insufferably boring shit ever, especially compared to civ 4

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:47 am 
Sypher

There is a micro center a few miles away from my house. It is a nerds paradise. There is only one in Michigan so as you can imagine, it is constantly packed.

Only complaint is that the return/exchanges line always takes forever. Sucks when you get DoA parts. Could spend up to an hour in line.

Post Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:56 am 
woofy

I thought Newegg was the nerds' go-to for computer parts?

Post Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:01 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

micro center is better for cpu's and some other stuff but a lot of the good prices are in-store pickup only so if you don't have one in your area your best bet is probably waiting for a newegg sale yeah

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:04 pm 
RamJam

quote:
Originally posted by Sypher
There is a micro center a few miles away from my house. It is a nerds paradise. There is only one in Michigan so as you can imagine, it is constantly packed.

Only complaint is that the return/exchanges line always takes forever. Sucks when you get DoA parts. Could spend up to an hour in line.
Yeah I drove 30 minutes to the one in Madison Heights just to get my i7 when I built my computer. I think I saved like $130. I don't know how they are able to sell CPUs so cheap.
quote:
Originally posted by woofy
I thought Newegg was the nerds' go-to for computer parts?
Most of the stuff on Newegg can be bought cheaper at other places now unless there's a sale.

Post Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:22 pm 
Sypher

Newegg isn't always the cheapest anymore, but I still do business with them because of their amazing return policy. But with micro center being within driving distance, I have been using newegg less and less.

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:46 pm 
stoned@chayliss

quote:
Originally posted by KingHillBilly
On the edge with a power supply can be iffy - it can lead to hardware failure and poor performance.

If you're going AMD I would recommend upgrading your power supply. I have a 750 I bought years ago that's still going strong.

To figure out what you need, you need to know the max TDP of your major components (thermal design power).

If the max for your card/cpu exceed 90% of your power supply, you will probably have problems.

500 is on the borderline, If you're going to get a mid range card and a good cpu I would upgrade to at least 700.

Nick

Nick of all Trades.
quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
Top quality trolling Chayliss. Hat tip to you
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkz102
also in this post - special shout out to my boy chay

Post Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:42 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote