FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> General Discussion

Ultima Online freeserver - IPY3

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Scrubbolator

Ultima Online freeserver - IPY3

Hey guys, i remember seeing some people talk about UO around here and i'm sure some of you played UO back in the day. i found IPY2 when i was feeling nostalgic a couple years ago. UO was really the only MMO i ever liked, IPY2 was great and it had over 2000 people logged on for a while.

The server is basically oldschool UO, based around T2A in 1999. There's no trammel, insurance, blessed weapons or neon shit. When you go out of town you can get murdered and your gear looted. Aside from that there are a lot of improvements and new things like

-dueling arenas with various rulesets
-a king and faction system
-a dungeon building system
-pirating
-achievements

i'm currently beta testing it and it's set to go live on Jan 10 8pm EST.

http://inporylem.com/

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:11 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
hassan-i-sabbah

are they expecting a lot of people to play this? how stable is the beta?

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:25 am 
Scrubbolator

Well, a day after launch was announced the forum alone had 300+ online so I'd say it's looking good for people, certainly more than any other freeserver around. It's not quite like the old days on OSI of course.

They're trying to cram all they can now at the end of the beta, but all the major new things like dueling arenas and custom dungeons seem to be working well

Post Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:05 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Aerasal

I never played uo. sb was my first mmo. what was combat and killing people like?

Post Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:16 pm 
Sypher

UO was fun as hell.

What will the leveling system be like? Will it be as grueling as the original? Or will it be sped up?

Post Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:21 pm 
Scrubbolator

quote:
Originally posted by Aerasal
I never played uo. sb was my first mmo. what was combat and killing people like?

Kinda hard to explain if you never played it. Mage fights are fast paced and timing/interrupts are key. Mages will do more burst damage with spells, dexxers on the other hand have good constant DPS on their side. There's a lot more to it than that though and there are several other templates that you can do, either non pvp or semi pvp like a thief/dexxer. It's not all pvp though and there are some consequences for murdering,

quote:
Originally posted by Sypher
UO was fun as hell.

What will the leveling system be like? Will it be as grueling as the original? Or will it be sped up?

Nah it won't be as grueling. IPY2 was pretty slow and got a lot of complaints for that. I think it's going to take about a week of constant macroing for the basic combat skills, swords, macing anatomy etc. Other stuff will be longer, magic resist should be a few weeks, crafting skills will be fairly slow too.

There's also 4x gains in dungeons, to give people an incentive to play the game instead of just macroing, a 2x daily powerhour activated when you use a skill and on a 23hour cd, and monsters have a chance to drop skill scrolls, which will give you a 0.1-0.3 bonus in a certain combat skill

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:32 am 
Shotgun_

I might check this out if it's fun.

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:36 am 
Scrubbolator

well shit looks like they just pushed back the launch date to jan 31

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:23 am 
Scrubbolator

The guy who was in charge is bipolar and decided to cancel it a couple days before it was set to go live after months of work and planning, however the coders and some of the other staff reorganized and are launching under a different name. It's going live today at 5 PM EST. It's not going to be as big as it could have been but it should still be good. http://www.uoancorp.com/

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:05 am 
smurf_king

quote:
Originally posted by Scrubbolator
The guy who was in charge is bipolar

i rofled

i wonder if its a constant mmo-players = mental disorders lololo

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:53 am 
audre lorde

do you play second age scrubbo?

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:12 pm 
Scrubbolator

nah i never really got into UOSA.
i've played ipy2/uoz/uof/uor. the last 2 for a couple weeks total only

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:54 pm