Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Links, reviews, previews, etc

Mars rover find water on Mars

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
kublikhan

Mars rover find water on Mars

quote:
Originally posted by article
NASA Mars Rover Curiosity Finds Water in First Sample of Planet Surface

The first scoop of soil analyzed by the analytical suite in the belly of NASA's Curiosity rover reveals that fine materials on the surface of the planet contain several percent water by weight. The results were published today in Science.

"One of the most exciting results from this very first solid sample ingested by Curiosity is the high percentage of water in the soil," said Leshin. "About 2 percent of the soil on the surface of Mars is made up of water, which is a great resource, and interesting scientifically." The sample also released significant carbon dioxide, oxygen, and sulfur compounds when heated.

Curiosity landed in Gale Crater on the surface of Mars on August 6, 2012, charged with answering the question "Could Mars have once harbored life?" To do that, Curiosity is the first rover on Mars to carry equipment for gathering and processing samples of rock and soil.

The results shed light on the composition of the planet's surface, while offering direction for future research, said Leshin. These results have implications for future Mars explorers. "We now know there should be abundant, easily accessible water on Mars," said Leshin. "When we send people, they could scoop up the soil anywhere on the surface, heat it just a bit, and obtain water."

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:51 am 
Jon;

old news
those HD photos taken of mars' surface is incredible

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:59 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by Jon;
those HD photos taken of mars' surface is incredible

Indeed. I fucking love science.
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:00 am 
Jon;

no you don't.. you're a half retarded dork who would be more excited to research into the game mechanics of dragon age 3 than anything actually relevant to the real world.

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:04 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
no you don't.. you're a half retarded dork who would be more excited to research into the game mechanics of dragon age 3 than anything actually relevant to the real world.

Haha. I fucking love science.
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:05 am 
Fast Luck

You fucking love video games.

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:10 am 
Jon;

science made those video games he plays all day and night
Surprised

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:11 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
You fucking love video games.

I love gaming.

quote:
science made those video games he plays all day and night
Surprised

Just another reason why I fucking love science.

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:21 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

"made by science"

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:22 am 
Jon;

your entire nerdy existence is maintained by science, you would probably melt away without it

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:26 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
your entire nerdy existence is maintained by science, you would probably melt away without it

I don't think you know what science is Jon. It is not some sort of institution or social force capable of maintaining things.

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:27 am 
Jon;

your entire existence is basically inside some technological bubble, you rarely leave the house and you're either on your computer or playing video games...

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:36 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
your entire existence is basically inside some technological bubble, you rarely leave the house and you're either on your computer or playing video games...

Wow, you've really got my number, Jon. I think science, which I fucking love, is a more interesting topic, however.

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:37 am 
Jon;

yea technology and science have nothing to do with each other, good point.

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:41 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
yea technology and science have nothing to do with each other, good point.

Who are you talking to Jon?

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:43 am 
Fast Luck

quote:
I can confirm that ghostnuke never leaves his house.
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:44 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

stay out of this dad

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:44 am 
stoned@chayliss

Re: Mars rover find water on Mars

quote:
Originally posted by kublikhan
quote:
Originally posted by article

The first scoop of soil analyzed by the analytical suite in the belly of NASA's Curiosity rover reveals that fine materials on the surface of the planet contain several percent water by weight. The results were published today in Science.

"One of the most exciting results from this very first solid sample ingested by Curiosity is the high percentage of water in the soil," said Leshin. "About 2 percent of the soil on the surface of Mars is made up of water, which is a great resource, and interesting scientifically." The sample also released significant carbon dioxide, oxygen, and sulfur compounds when heated.

Curiosity landed in Gale Crater on the surface of Mars on August 6, 2012, charged with answering the question "Could Mars have once harbored life?" To do that, Curiosity is the first rover on Mars to carry equipment for gathering and processing samples of rock and soil.

The results shed light on the composition of the planet's surface, while offering direction for future research, said Leshin. These results have implications for future Mars explorers. "We now know there should be abundant, easily accessible water on Mars," said Leshin. "When we send people, they could scoop up the soil anywhere on the surface, heat it just a bit, and obtain water."

YOU ever see the photo of the ''face''? may have had a culture of some sort at one time

time has been moving for so long that its possible earth achived space travel long before we think. perhaps even far more advanced.

mars may have had an advanced society far greater than anything we have achived in recorded history. pleanty of time for the whole thing(structures on mars) to turn back into dust, as would all of our modern structures would(and in a farily short period of time).

gl hf
quote:
Top quality trolling Chayliss. Hat tip to you
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkz102
also in this post - special shout out to my boy chay

Post Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:52 am 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by stoned@chayliss
YOU ever see the photo of the ''face''? may have had a culture of some sort at one time

time has been moving for so long that its possible earth achived space travel long before we think. perhaps even far more advanced.

mars may have had an advanced society far greater than anything we have achived in recorded history. pleanty of time for the whole thing(structures on mars) to turn back into dust, as would all of our modern structures would(and in a farily short period of time).

gl hf

Post Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:38 am 
-667-

quote:
http://www.davidicke.com/

ok

Post Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:05 am 
Sypher

i fucking love magnets.

Post Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:06 pm 
stoned@chayliss

quote:
Originally posted by -667-
quote:

ok

went to check it out.

started looking at the banners of headlines.

rofl at the al gore with the ball of fire pouring from his mouth. with the caption of global warming being mumbo jumbo

then a big black and white warning "government censorship: protecting you from reality" with the caption: paniced mainstream media beings shutting down comment sections. i have noticed this recently. more and more articles yet to be commented on. and the ones that do are always middle to right. informed or missinformed. but comments never seem to reaffirm the simple minded childlike style of writing that seems to be the norm for name brand news.

GN2k14
quote:
quote:

Post Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:54 am 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
then a big black and white warning "government censorship: protecting you from reality" with the caption: paniced mainstream media beings shutting down comment sections. i have noticed this recently. more and more articles yet to be commented on. and the ones that do are always middle to right. informed or missinformed. but comments never seem to reaffirm the simple minded childlike style of writing that seems to be the norm for name brand news.

Post Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:57 am 
stoned@chayliss

quote:
Originally posted by -667-
quote:

ok

this david iclke site is a throwback to mid and late 90s internet i remember, complete with links to delve deeper.

how many sources and search engines would result in a person to find a this site or a similar one?

by now everyone and htier kids has a cool phone right? what is the percentage chance that if when current events are sought, a well put together artile is on the other end? the awful highschool production that is tv news is better than the mainstream articles found net

good morning
quote:
quote:

Post Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:02 am