FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Links, reviews, previews, etc

How do you guys feel about this
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Is the U.S. Government crossing the line?
No. I have nothing to hide and it's in the name of Homeland Security
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Yes. They have absolutely no business monitoring me
83%
 83%  [ 5 ]
Undecided
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
hassan-i-sabbah

i dont speak schizophrenia, sorry

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:08 am 
turtleman@can

I think the government should be working with ISPs to incorporate some monitoring for illegal activity and they should have a method of gaining access through the ISP for personal access to users' accounts to prevent crime but having a giant database of saved data/communications from everybody is a joke - part of why I fucking hate google, it's just a matter of time before the government beats those nerds up and takes the key.

Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:02 pm 
Jon;

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
I think the government should be working with ISPs to incorporate some monitoring

kill yourself

Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:11 pm 
turtleman@can

quote:
Originally posted by Jon;
quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
I think the government should be working with ISPs to incorporate some monitoring

kill yourself

This could be done by simply screening keywords or sites, ie ("how to make a bomb") and logging this data.

One way or the other, somebody is going to be controlling the data passed through the internet - would you rather have everything logged or just relevant information towards crime fighting - which is the catalyst being used to gather this information.

Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:34 pm 
Jon;

fuck you retard lol
you're seriously going to argue for giving government more control over the internet right now?

Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:39 pm 
turtleman@can

Well - I'd rather they have transparent and regulated reasons for interference than just controlling everything and giving citizens the middle finger - which is what is currently happening

Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:42 pm 
kublikhan

quote:
Originally posted by article
A secretive U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration unit is funneling information from intelligence intercepts, wiretaps, informants and a massive database of telephone records to authorities across the nation to help them launch criminal investigations of Americans.

Although these cases rarely involve national security issues, documents reviewed by Reuters show that law enforcement agents have been directed to conceal how such investigations truly begin - not only from defense lawyers but also sometimes from prosecutors and judges. The undated documents show that federal agents are trained to "recreate" the investigative trail to effectively cover up where the information originated, a practice that some experts say violates a defendant's Constitutional right to a fair trial. If defendants don't know how an investigation began, they cannot know to ask to review potential sources of exculpatory evidence - information that could reveal entrapment, mistakes or biased witnesses.

"I have never heard of anything like this at all," said Nancy Gertner, a Harvard Law School professor who served as a federal judge from 1994 to 2011. Gertner and other legal experts said the program sounds more troubling than recent disclosures that the National Security Agency has been collecting domestic phone records. The NSA effort is geared toward stopping terrorists; the DEA program targets common criminals, primarily drug dealers. "It is one thing to create special rules for national security," Gertner said. "Ordinary crime is entirely different. It sounds like they are phonying up investigations."

Two senior DEA officials defended the program, and said trying to "recreate" an investigative trail is not only legal but a technique that is used almost daily.

"That's outrageous," said Tampa attorney James Felman, a vice chairman of the criminal justice section of the American Bar Association. "It strikes me as indefensible." Lawrence Lustberg, a New Jersey defense lawyer, said any systematic government effort to conceal the circumstances under which cases begin "would not only be alarming but pretty blatantly unconstitutional."
Exclusive: U.S. directs agents to cover up program used to investigate Americans

Post Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:54 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

rofl

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:06 am 
smurf_king

quote:
Originally posted by Andrzej
Always happy to touch the sensitive vaginas of clueless >25k post noobs acting like they know what's going on.

lold

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:38 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by smurf_king
i rather be a pedophile than a homo

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:51 pm 
smurf_king

lol

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:11 pm 
stoned@chayliss

Re: How do you guys feel about this

quote:
Originally posted by terror-kahn
NSA whistleblower Snowden leaks new information about just how much access the U.S. government actually has to our private personal conversations

http://news.yahoo.com/leaked-docs-insight-nsas-searches-153823561.html

what new information

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
stoned@chayliss

quote:
Originally posted by foonat
quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
i dont really care much about it. i dont like the purpose it's used for (to defend capitalist america and imperialism, ie to defend america as it exists) though, and i do think the US is being qq babbies over snowden also lol
kinda feel the same way - don't really care since i don't do anything they'd give a shit about and if it helps stop a guy from blowing up my block then w/e

thats coz youre nobody

what if youre somebody. and bigger somebodies would prefer you to go away and not have to deal with you?

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
stoned@chayliss

quote:
Originally posted by terror-kahn
agreed macman .. i think its opens a shit ton of doors for abuse.

anyone ever heard the term "gradualization" ??? government pushing the envelope ever so slightly as to not disrupt the masses. before you know it they have complete control over your life.

pretty much exactly what happened in Nazi Germany. The holocaust was an extremely slow process. 1 step at a time... everything leading up to it was in the name of freedom and security.

it seems history may be repeating itself, and everyone seems to have forgotten what happened just 60 or so years ago.

whether you have something to hide or not, the government has no right monitoring unless there is a reasonable suspicion in my opinion... and if there is reasonable suspicion, they should have to go through the proper steps to acquire a search warrant.

there are many things that may have fled nazi germany and simply continued on in america. sorry and i can give better than that without far to much effort

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:34 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by stoned@chayliss
thats coz youre nobody

what if youre somebody. and bigger somebodies would prefer you to go away and not have to deal with you?

You sound really important.

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:42 pm