FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Server.War2.Ru

*FIXED* COMBAT COLOR FIX AND ICON FIX - SOLVED
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Fast Luck

Oh yeah I remember how I "stole" Lance's ladder now. Yes it was made without ever seeing his ladder and the code probably doesn't resemble his in the slightest, but the thing is, Lance invented the IDEA of War2 having a ladder, so any ladder rips him off automatically. Oh Case's ladder came earlier? Yeah but that was an external ladder with manual reports. Oh Blizzard had an automated ladder on bnet? Yeah but that was blizzard, and was in the client and whatever. Oh iccup has all sorts of ladders and rankings? Yeah but that was Starcraft. So you see, having a ladder for War2 truly was Lance's invention. Just like using ddraw

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:45 pm 
~Szajna~

would it be possible for server to automatically give sum icons for top10 / top3 users in ladder(s)? nice ladder + synchro with server + automatized icons

equals sex

and instead of parallel "master icons" system, tournaments could offer ladder points / +X to ladder ranks in return

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:49 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
woofy

that's a good idea

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:24 am 
$paCe

quote:
Originally posted by ~Szajna~
would it be possible for server to automatically give sum icons for top10 / top3 users in ladder(s)? nice ladder + synchro with server + automatized icons

equals sex

and instead of parallel "master icons" system, tournaments could offer ladder points / +X to ladder ranks in return

Yeah anything is possible if someone is willing to code it

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:08 am 
$paCe

It's interesting how none of the other admins are commenting when lightbringer bans me or kills my connection, or moderates the channel when people are asking me about custom. He even sits there and tells me not to spam, when I'm simply talking to people about stuff. He's constantly sending out hints like he's going to ban or kill my connection again if I don't learn to obey his specific rules for me. He's like a little hitler, and blid and foonat aren't saying anything about it. Lots of crooked shit going on on RU. So now because of their lack of action in giving LB admin training 101, they no longer have a leg to stand on when throwing bullshit out there about how the custom crew is just going to ban people they don't like off their server if the community ever switched, because that's exactly what they have been doing on RU. Even so, we wouldn't do that shit over there, cuz that would be a childish dictatorship. Sorry but freedom of speech is what makes war2 so fun. So LB can take his muslim ass to another game, cuz he blows ass on war2, and he's an even worse admin than he is player. 7-0 mofo

What the hell is LB thinking trying to turn this into a war between the clients, rofl, but ever since he discovered ddraw file, he's been acting like the savior of war2 with his massive "*FIXED* COMBAT COLOR FIX AND ICON FIX - SOLVED" billboard sign advertisement, and his new found confidence. Then you have the cheer leaders coming in like (OMG WOW THIS IS SO GREAT THANK YOU SO MUCH!), but when we fix that, and add in auto ss upload, fix hosting, and a dozen other things, the general attitude is (no one cares about that stuff) lol. I just think the hypocrisy is entertaining because it's so fucking blatant and in your face. I dunno, it's just funny to me Smile

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:58 am 
~Szajna~

solution for ru: remove profil
solution for w2custom: remove lance

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:40 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
$paCe

solution for teamspeak: remove u
solution for fun on teamspeak: unban u, let u log on, then remove u again

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:33 am 
~Szajna~

thank god for never loggin then!

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:41 am 
Fast Luck

quote:
Originally posted by $paCe
It's interesting how none of the other admins are commenting when lightbringer bans me or kills my connection, or moderates the channel when people are asking me about custom. He even sits there and tells me not to spam, when I'm simply talking to people about stuff. He's constantly sending out hints like he's going to ban or kill my connection again if I don't learn to obey his specific rules for me. He's like a little hitler, and blid and foonat aren't saying anything about it. Lots of crooked shit going on on RU. So now because of their lack of action in giving LB admin training 101, they no longer have a leg to stand on when throwing bullshit out there about how the custom crew is just going to ban people they don't like off their server if the community ever switched, because that's exactly what they have been doing on RU. Even so, we wouldn't do that shit over there, cuz that would be a childish dictatorship. Sorry but freedom of speech is what makes war2 so fun. So LB can take his muslim ass to another game, cuz he blows ass on war2, and he's an even worse admin than he is player. 7-0 mofo

What the hell is LB thinking trying to turn this into a war between the clients, rofl, but ever since he discovered ddraw file, he's been acting like the savior of war2 with his massive "*FIXED* COMBAT COLOR FIX AND ICON FIX - SOLVED" billboard sign advertisement, and his new found confidence. Then you have the cheer leaders coming in like (OMG WOW THIS IS SO GREAT THANK YOU SO MUCH!), but when we fix that, and add in auto ss upload, fix hosting, and a dozen other things, the general attitude is (no one cares about that stuff) lol. I just think the hypocrisy is entertaining because it's so fucking blatant and in your face. I dunno, it's just funny to me Smile
How are we supposed to know? I only heard about the one time when he put the temp ban and talked to him and didn't hear about anything else happening.
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:58 am 
terror-kahn

pretty much exactly what blid said

i've never seen lb ban or kill you or moderate the channel (i wasnt there when you were making fun of muslims)

last i heard its perfectly ok to talk about war2custom all you want to whoever you want wherever you want as long as its not spam?

http://www.youtube.com/ClanAbsoluteSynergy

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:22 am 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
smurf_king

quote:

What the hell is LB thinking trying to turn this into a war between the clients, rofl, but ever since he discovered ddraw file, he's been acting like the savior of war2 with his massive "*FIXED* COMBAT COLOR FIX AND ICON FIX - SOLVED" billboard sign advertisement, )

Smile
rofl
yeah, FI FIX FIX FIX FIXED SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

LB pull up a dictionary and read the definition of PLEONASM, you have PLEONASM printed in your forehead Smile

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:56 am 
Lightbringer-

quote:
Originally posted by smurf_king
quote:

What the hell is LB thinking trying to turn this into a war between the clients, rofl, but ever since he discovered ddraw file, he's been acting like the savior of war2 with his massive "*FIXED* COMBAT COLOR FIX AND ICON FIX - SOLVED" billboard sign advertisement, )

Smile
rofl
yeah, FI FIX FIX FIX FIXED SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

LB pull up a dictionary and read the definition of PLEONASM, you have PLEONASM printed in your forehead Smile

Smurfking what is your fucking problem with me dude?? I dont need a dictionary for a basic word like pleonasm.

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:12 pm 
smurf_king

its u with the problem, why dont you go re edit the thread title then ?

any statement with pleanosm makes it look unprofessional and generally retarded

heres a few tips

FIX for War2Combat Icon and Color bug while running Win7
War2Combat Icon and Color bug while running Win7 problem - SOLVED

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:18 pm 
Lightbringer-

Look dude. I work my ass off in an office doing reports, analysis, editing and shits like that. When im relaxed on my pc, I just type and I'm not going to be extra careful or re-read what I type on a war2 forum.

If you have the time great. As long as my point is understood, its good.

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:25 pm 
smurf_king

yet, as you're aware of pleonasm you decide to instead, give me a long reply instead of editing a title to 'FIX for War2Combat Icon and Color bug while running'

a shorter sentence taking less time away from your busy life

and would make you look professional, non-retarded along the way

whenever i read pleonasm it hurts my eyes Smile

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:35 pm 
Lightbringer-

quote:
Originally posted by smurf_king

a shorter sentence taking less time away from your busy life

I've not said BUSY. Read what I type and not what you think. I said I type casually and am not extra cautious when typing here.

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:46 pm 
-it-switchblade

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
just did a forums search for "ddraw" and tupac was talking about it in january 2012 and jesk mentioned it later that year. so you're not the only person the idea of using the work of whoever made ddraw

My what a short memory you have. Who do you think they learned about that from lol. It's been in the Custom client since it's inception at then end of what, 2010? Thats well over 3 years for any fuckin lightbulbs to go on over at the RU camp. Thats pathetic. And then, it's like a huge billboard news flash after you spent 3+ years talking it down rofl.

http://forums.battle.net/search.html?characterId=270240237554&sid=3000

warcraft 2?
Posted By Naproxen- on 11/02/2010 10:19:39 AM PDT
theres very few players but im hoping more would get on check out war2custom.com

It's been so long I dont even remember when it started. But it sure is a far cry from 2012 there Dr Watson. See, the point here is that all of this was is old news. It's been fixed for literally 3+ years with the custom client. Now all of a sudden it's like earth shattering sticky notes everywhere and war2 chat posterboard material. When all along this has already been done for years. Literally. All it does is just prove what we've been saying all along. The RU camp is lazy and do not give two shits about war2 anymore and are scared shitless that if they ever lose control, they will all be banned from the superior alternative. I guess thats a pretty good reason I suppose, because you're right. I probably would feel the same way if I were you considering all the shit talking you've done against it. It would be normal to feel guilty, threatened, and try to spew as much FUD as humanly possible in an attempt to hide the obvious. Especially with the shit you people just make up simply to cover your own inadequacy such as when the server goes down. It's always automatically "OMG Lance is fuckin with shit" when its really "WTF We have no idea whats wrong" because none of you have any business doing anything technical.

Last edited by -it-switchblade on Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm 
Fast Luck

so what? that's not the point, the point is other people think of using a fixed ddraw as well. not just you. everyone is not getting the idea from war2custom. you're not the only person capable of ever coming up with that and everyone who comes up with it afterwards doesn't owe a debt to you. you don't think starcraft people have been doing it as well? you're goofy

quote:

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:35 pm 
-it-switchblade

So lets see, when was the earliest ddraw post (war2 related) posted here? Oh thats right, it was only after someone discovered what was in the war2custom client.

Ya that about sums it up.

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:47 pm 
foonat

quote:
Originally posted by -it-switchblade
quote:
just did a forums search for "ddraw" and tupac was talking about it in january 2012 and jesk mentioned it later that year. so you're not the only person the idea of using the work of whoever made ddraw

My what a short memory you have. Who do you think they learned about that from lol. It's been in the Custom client since it's inception at then end of what, 2010? Thats well over 3 years for any fuckin lightbulbs to go on over at the RU camp. Thats pathetic. And then, it's like a huge billboard news flash after you spent 3+ years talking it down rofl.

http://forums.battle.net/search.html?characterId=270240237554&sid=3000

warcraft 2?
Posted By Naproxen- on 11/02/2010 10:19:39 AM PDT
theres very few players but im hoping more would get on check out war2custom.com

It's been so long I dont even remember when it started. But it sure is a far cry from 2012 there Dr Watson. See, the point here is that all of this was is old news. It's been fixed for literally 3+ years with the custom client. Now all of a sudden it's like earth shattering sticky notes everywhere and war2 chat posterboard material. When all along this has already been done for years. Literally. All it does is just prove what we've been saying all along. The RU camp is lazy and do not give two shits about war2 anymore and are scared shitless that if they ever lose control, they will all be banned from the superior alternative . I guess thats a pretty good reason I suppose, because you're right. I probably would feel the same way if I were you considering all the shit talking you've done against it. It would be normal to feel guilty, threatened, and try to spew as much FUD as humanly possible in an attempt to hide the obvious. Especially with the shit you people just make up simply to cover your own inadequacy such as when the server goes down. It's always automatically "OMG Lance is fuckin with shit" when its really "WTF We have no idea whats wrong" because none of you have any business doing anything technical.
lol

i rather be a pedophile than a homo

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:01 pm 
Fast Luck

he says we're scared we'll be banned from his server, nto that we will be. althougih im not scared of that at all, it's not like i'd play there anyway

quote:

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:39 pm 
Tupac

see i though custom just killed explorer and then use the direct draw for icons fix hmm Smile

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:38 pm 
-it-switchblade

Heh no, it hasnt killed explorer ever since I started contributing to the project. It use to yes, but that was back when some iranian or whatever was paid to do the client. It was just a bandaid that didnt fix the root cause of the problem. I removed that garbage long ago. It fixes colors, icons, and also a war2 crash related Dshow sound where it would lock up on Win Vista machines at what seemed like random points (causing you to have to turn the machine on/off), but alas there was a method to the machines madness and it was doing exactly what it was told, which was in error Razz

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:13 pm 
$paCe

What?? I never gave u permission to take that out. You're fucking fired. no more meatballs for u.

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:18 pm 
$paCe

In all honesty I never noticed it was taken out. Probably cuz I barely play anymore, and the fact that the /kill explorer function worked so flawlessly that tabbing between the desktop and the game never took more than a second to load.

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:20 pm 
$paCe

Now that I think about it though, the /kill explorer part fixed the chat colors when u tab out and back in. The way they are now is all purplish, so the /kill explorer was better in that regard, but you've covered every other part that it also corrected without the need to /kill so, yeah it's a bit better as is. If only the chat colors after tabbing wouldn't get jacked up.

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:31 pm 
Picka_materina

quote:
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://bitpatch.com/

Excuse me while I LOL at this. The bitwhatever site has only been up since about Dec of this 2012 rofl.

Rofl what the fuck? Did you just pull archive.org as a source since when a site has been online?
http://faq.web.archive.org/my-sites-not-archived-how-can-i-add-it/

In any case, nice story about ddraw being just a git repo and your amazing skills at fixing it (which is a lie) or whatever. I did not take the time to even do the proper google search, just a ddraw search on forum brought up this website http://www.nynaeve.net/?p=52&cpage=1#comments where comments go from 2006, sooooo..
quote:
Ya, thats why the bytes of the two files were identical. Perhaps you missed the part where I stated it an an opensource project that I modified so that it would work with war2

You stated many things during these years and took credit for other people's work more then once. I actually have yet to see you make something from scratch yourself.
If you even know how to modify dll's you probably just added comments in there. That seems the most you can modify something, but it immediately makes it your own creation!

quote:
You are referring to BnetD which is the parent of pvpgn in which I was indeed a contributor.

Yea, bnetd is not pvpgn , linux is not unix...
http://pvpgn.wikia.com/wiki/Original_BNETD_Credits
Dont see you there. Also, if you look at what it takes to be a "contributor" you make it sound as if you coded anything worth in there, while you could be "Yanoch (yanoch@loginnovation.com) For suggesting the /kill improvement." YAY!

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:59 pm 
-it-switchblade

quote:
How are we supposed to know?

Simple. Read the admin logs lol You're well aware that pvpgn logs every admin command and so are we Razz

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:11 pm 
Tupac

quote:
What?? I never gave u permission to take that out. You're fucking fired. no more meatballs for u.

good because i think it forces explorer closed i stoped using it because now when i minimize war2 my explorer freezes. so i gonna wipe my hd soon and re install windows. and btw you should say fuck them if they steal you're codes and shit laugh at them and make fixes for windows 8 Smile I really need a fix for windows 8 ms wont sell any older operating systems no more its bullshit.

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:44 pm 
Tupac

funny there goes pickas line again you didn't code any from scratch.

Lets see what you made bitch. Come on make one thing for war2 if you can! so stfu about other peoples coding.

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:50 pm