FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Server.War2.Ru

*FIXED* COMBAT COLOR FIX AND ICON FIX - SOLVED
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
smurf_king

lance ftw

btw, any ETA on that new w2c client release?

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:32 pm 
~Szajna~

we all move to custom, then sum ultra hax0r gets lances address and we send tk to do the dirty job

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:39 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
$paCe

quote:
Originally posted by foonat

"i think everyone agrees that what you are doing is valuable for war2 and that the work you've put into it is commendable. i think, when you put your mind to it, you do things that are helpful and good for the community (example: the ladder when you hosted the server previously, this war2custom client, etc.). the problem is that you can't seem to control the more nefarious tendencies you have. so, if you could find a way to do a) without b), i think this project would be much more successful"

This is a big change from your previous stance of "who cares about that shit" haha. And lol at lightbringer, happier than a hog in slop after using our work to find the dll file. Enjoy it, but that was the easiest work out of everything custom has, and most of its features can't just be found on google, and can't be ripped from us. Also, how are you going to get everyone to use the color fix? Pretty sure you're going to find that 90% of the people on ru won't be bothered to even dl that file and try to find their directory to put it in. Of course this would all be different if combat was able to update. Maybe that should be your next goal? GL

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:40 pm 
foonat

quote:
Originally posted by $paCe
quote:

"i think everyone agrees that what you are doing is valuable for war2 and that the work you've put into it is commendable. i think, when you put your mind to it, you do things that are helpful and good for the community (example: the ladder when you hosted the server previously, this war2custom client, etc.). the problem is that you can't seem to control the more nefarious tendencies you have. so, if you could find a way to do a) without b), i think this project would be much more successful"

This is a big change from your previous stance of "who cares about that shit" haha. And lol at lightbringer, happier than a hog in slop after using our work to find the dll file. Enjoy it, but that was the easiest work out of everything custom has, and most of its features can't just be found on google, and can't be ripped from us. Also, how are you going to get everyone to use the color fix? Pretty sure you're going to find that 90% of the people on ru won't be bothered to even dl that file and try to find their directory to put it in. Of course this would all be different if combat was able to update. Maybe that should be your next goal? GL
no it isn't. hosting, color fix, and auto ss upload are cool little improvements, they just definitely aren't worth trusting your associate over.

i rather be a pedophile than a homo

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:44 pm 
$paCe

quote:
no it isn't. hosting, color fix, and auto ss upload are cool little improvements, they just definitely aren't worth trusting your associate over.

Cool little improvements? What would qualify as a big improvement in your mind then, making war2 3D? You might not have noticed, but you just belittled the custom clients features again lol. These are HUGE improvements, earth SHAKING stuff! Every time I open custom, I cum a little, true story.

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:58 pm 
Jon;

quote:
Originally posted by -it-switchblade
Right, and just hand over work I've done to someone that would ban me from my own work? Seriously? ya. like thats ever going to happen. NOT. They will have to resort to outright stealing before that ever happens.
so you admit it's you behind the entire thing and not $pace like he claims . gg.

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:11 pm 
Tupac

nice i turned the fps on thanks to the author i had those website forever but my bnet was always messed up due to the configuration Wink

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:20 pm 
smurf_king

as always, clueless as to what tupac says on his posts lol

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:21 pm 
Tupac

ok just tested this! Im on the laptop without my charger plugged in i walked away for two minutes and my screen dimmed a little bit to save power and i moved the mouse to brighten it and colors are fucked. also the server just went down or i got banned. for nothing fuck this shit!

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:29 pm 
terror-kahn

what in the holy hell did tupac download.

pretty sure he saw a shiny advertisement, clicked it, re-directed him to another website.. saw another shiny button that said "download" .. clicked it.. and is now reconfiguring the mystery program he downloaded trying to make it compatible with War2.

http://www.youtube.com/ClanAbsoluteSynergy

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
terror-kahn

it went down. you're not banned.

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
-it-switchblade

quote:
Originally posted by smurf_king
lance ftw

btw, any ETA on that new w2c client release?

I have been working on this, hoped to have it completed this weekend actually. But I noticed a few things that needed fixing first after Allstar found the SS bug. There was another issue where the new client did not have any gateways at all in it lol (completely different story from those saying the gateways will change or whatever bs they want to spew). Thus, he had no way to actually connect to the custom server. Like both myself and $pace have said on multiple occasions, the server itself is currently not a priority. The server has actually been complete for quite sometime really and this is why I'm able to spend so much time on the client end. I've been adding gateway checks to the client today to insure that the gateways and CD Key registry entries are imported (of which they also include the newer mouse server whoever that is) so that the user can login to the war2custom server to authenticate in order to use the autoss upload feature properly.

I have given thought to adding a feature that allows you to type in a username in the client that SS's will be tagged as, but that defeats the purpose of tying them to a specific account which in turn uses a few extra features I'd coded into the server that actually ARE earth shattering when you think about War2 and it's inability to properly handle things like a Teams ladder.

Here is an example of a SS taken on the War2Custom Server vs one taken on the RU server. Both using the War2Custom Client.

1. SS on RU is taken
2. SS is uploaded to server
3. Server tags uploaded SS with associated username and thats it. It can go no further because it knows nothing about the game itself.

Now for the war2custom server:

1. SS on RU is taken
2. SS is uploaded to server
3. Server tags uploaded SS with associated username.
4. Server associates SS with other user's SS's from the SAME game (IE: a way to tell if a person actually took a SS without harassing them about it on the forums)
5. Server tags all players who were in the game
6. Server tags who won the game
7. Server tags the game as Normal or Ladder
8. Server tags any RECORDED/STREAMED files with the game in question. Cool feature if I do say so myself.

So as you can see, there actually IS a difference between the two and going backwards in innovation is not something I would want to do at this point. So ya, a manual entry box for the SS app in order to make it usable in the Combat client isnt something I'd be open to because of the other features that it could be doing.

BTW, the recording and streaming features that I am currently working on are going to work just like the SS app. This means not only would you be able to see links for SS's from a specific game and specific people, but you can get replays from each person's perspective as well (if they recorded that is of course). How's that for earth shattering? Razz

If your wondering what I consider earth shattering enhancements for war2, I would point you to the war2custom servers Team Ladder code. This actually IS a huge improvement because as we all know, Teams Ladders in War2 are EXTREMELY difficult to code (Blid can attest to this, and I can as well, its NOT easy trying to parse out Game Reports which can often times be corrupted), not because it's hard, but because the teams are not determined BEFORE the game begins in the PvPGN code which does make it difficult if the game file is corrupt. I have completely destroyed this problem by developing this key missing piece. You can see this on the war2custom server by typing /w2c help team and you will be presented with team ladder options. It tells the server who is on which team BEFORE the game even begins. This eliminates the need to try to decipher the retarded Game Report Files AFTER the fact and try to figure out who was on who's team, who actually won, etc. Even if one of the losers gets a "win", it will still actually know to give that person a LOSS. This is something that is not currently possible using Game Report files. The winning team also has the option to invalidate the game in case someone got disc'd and they need to replay it from a Save file. Games can be set to "canceled", "paused", or "completed" by the winning team. The default action to take after a game is completed is to mark it as completed. But the winning team can change it up to 15 minutes after the game has finished (enough time for the losing team to present their case to the winning team as to why they may think it should be canceled or paused). Then they have the option to either completely re-play the game or start it from a save game file if the game is marked as "paused".

So yes, there are some pretty big enhancements that you've probably never even been aware of due to your head in the sand attitude.

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:32 pm 
Tupac

quote:
Originally posted by terror-kahn

Sounds like you did the /kill tupac. You're stupid You suck as a admin and i can make it so you're admin powers are in use every second on the day so watch what you say got it! I downloaded the correct .dll and edited the CFG file. remember who you are talking too bitch!

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:39 pm 
-it-switchblade

quote:
Originally posted by Tupac
quote:

Sounds like you did the /kill tupac. You're stupid You suck as a admin and i can make it so you're admin powers are in use every second on the day so watch what you say got it! I downloaded the correct .dll and edited the CFG file. remember who you are talking too bitch!

I'd take that warning pretty seriously TK. He's been known to make good on those promises in the past and they are rather entertaining to watch. Unless of course you're on the shit end of his stick.

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:45 pm 
terror-kahn

i think ill be ok.

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:47 pm 
Tupac

If you think so just watch it. I never disrespected you.

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:13 pm 
mousEtopher

This is so great, it works! Good job LB, the WC2 community thanks you.

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:56 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Picka_materina

Ahh, this brings back memories. I remember how young {lance} banned me from occult 6-7-8 years a go and proceeded to try and discredit me from there on after until it blew up in his face. Quite similar to what he's doing to LB now.
At that time, young lance developed pvpgn! Single handedly he wrote the code himself! Now it seems he developed directdraw also. This guy will soon be the single cause for google to rise to the top since he probably wrote the google algorithm. He also wrote the ladder by implementing simpleladder.php (or was it something like that, it's documented here).

Still funny seeing he has the same M.O. to this day. Steal other people work -> claim it yours -> when someone finds out -> discredit -> lastly admit but still take credit for MASSIVE upgrades you made to someone elses work (which usually consist of adding comments for himself so he knows what some part of code does since he'd lose himself in there).

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:31 pm 
-it-switchblade

Oh but of course this makes sense right. Ya, thats why the bytes of the two files were identical. Perhaps you missed the part where I stated it an an opensource project that I modified so that it would work with war2 (thus resulting in the byte differences that capt obvious noticed). Not to mention the ddraw that is currently in custom is much older than the newer ddraw that Lightloser is using and probably now has the hooks that I needed to use many years ago when I first started playing with it back when Naproxen was around however long ago that was. I will have to check it out sometime, see whats been updated, maybe theres some new things in it. The cfg file certainly looks much different and it's actually got a documentation page now. Thats pretty cool.

Not sure where you think I stated I developed pvpgn single handedly, I have had nothing to do with pvpgn. You are referring to BnetD which is the parent of pvpgn in which I was indeed a contributor. BnetD is probably older than you are lol. And that simple whatever, thats just some bs you made up completely in order to try to make it seem like the ladder I had written (that blid ripped from) was not actually something I wrote, which is complete ludicrous. I'd never even heard of that shit until you mentioned it rofl. Then you tried pasting code FROM the simpleladder thing and called it "mine". That was a big lol since we both know you totally lied on that one hah.

Bottom line, I dont give two shits what you say. Everything that comes out of your mouth is Prefixed with F and suffixed with UD.

Last edited by -it-switchblade on Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:45 pm 
terror-kahn

quote:
Originally posted by Tupac
If you think so just watch it. I never disrespected you.

you need to relax... there nothing wrong with giving people some shit sometimes just for laughs... if you wanna over react and fly off the damn handle like a 12 year old about every little thing someone says, you're gonna lead a pretty shit life.. but hey, if thats you then you do you.

peace out

*drops the mic*

-Biggie

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:47 pm 
Tupac

remember biggie died similar ways as i did fucker. So you do the /kill playername for laughs?? oh god and you're an admin!

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:52 pm 
terror-kahn

do you not realize the server has been acting up all damn day and every single person (including myself) has been booted off the server, only to try to connect and get shot right back to the connect screen?

nobody killed you or banned you or kicked you or any other wierd shit you think me or anyone else did.

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:56 pm 
-it-switchblade

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://bitpatch.com/

Excuse me while I LOL at this. The bitwhatever site has only been up since about Dec of this 2012 rofl. See, before then, the ddwrapper was just a project in a git repo that some guy had mentioned he was working on in a forum. I stumbled across it, it had the sourcecode with it and I ran with it. The thing was only partially developed at that point and did not work for war2 in it's current state but it was complete enough to where a few extra hooks fixed everything that war2 needed to have fixed. The custom version of the ddraw.dll has been around since Naproxen was around and that was WELL before Jun 2012 Razz

Creation date: 06 Jun 2012 01:19:00
Expiration date: 05 Jun 2015 17:19:00

GG no-re.

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:59 pm 
-it-switchblade

quote:
nobody killed you or banned you or kicked you or any other wierd shit you think me or anyone else did.

Lol. Sure you didnt.

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:02 pm 
terror-kahn

quote:
quote:

Lol. Sure you didnt.

if anyone here has anything to do with booting him off the server, its you.

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:03 pm 
Tupac

It was him he's new to the admin thing so he wants to be a command whore right now.

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:14 pm 
Tupac

right after i was saying the color fix didnt work boom i was kicked. I stated i tried it with my laptop and log on bnet was working but after my screen dimmed i moved the mouse and my bnet colors where fucked up ;( but yea it does fix the icons idk about game though haven't tried.

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:16 pm 
Tupac

quote:
Oh but of course this makes sense right. Ya, thats why the bytes of the two files were identical. Perhaps you missed the part where I stated it an an opensource project that I modified so that it would work with war2 (thus resulting in the byte differences that capt obvious noticed). Not to mention the ddraw that is currently in custom is much older than the newer ddraw that Lightloser is using and probably now has the hooks that I needed to use many years ago when I first started playing with it back when Naproxen was around however long ago that was. I will have to check it out sometime, see whats been updated, maybe theres some new things in it. The cfg file certainly looks much different and it's actually got a documentation page now. Thats pretty cool.

Not sure where you think I stated I developed pvpgn single handedly, I have had nothing to do with pvpgn. You are referring to BnetD which is the parent of pvpgn in which I was indeed a contributor. BnetD is probably older than you are lol. And that simple whatever, thats just some bs you made up completely in order to try to make it seem like the ladder I had written (that blid ripped from) was not actually something I wrote, which is complete ludicrous. I'd never even heard of that shit until you mentioned it rofl. Then you tried pasting code FROM the simpleladder thing and called it "mine". That was a big lol since we both know you totally lied on that one hah.

Bottom line, I dont give two shits what you say. Everything that comes out of your mouth is Prefixed with F and suffixed with UD.

How did it feel when lance owned you?

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:31 pm 
Lightbringer-

you just basically admitted i didnot steal your 'work'. No wonder nobody could find it before. I took semeone's else work not your shit.
And yeah gw stealing il patcher and stuff. You rock!

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:00 pm 
Fast Luck

quote:
And that simple whatever, thats just some bs you made up completely in order to try to make it seem like the ladder I had written (that blid ripped from) was not actually something I wrote, which is complete ludicrous.
Uh my ladder was written completely from scratch, without ever having even seen your code. Unless you're claiming to have invented the Case's Ladder ranking methods

quote:
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://bitpatch.com/

Excuse me while I LOL at this. The bitwhatever site has only been up since about Dec of this 2012 rofl. See, before then, the ddwrapper was just a project in a git repo that some guy had mentioned he was working on in a forum. I stumbled across it, it had the sourcecode with it and I ran with it. The thing was only partially developed at that point and did not work for war2 in it's current state but it was complete enough to where a few extra hooks fixed everything that war2 needed to have fixed. The custom version of the ddraw.dll has been around since Naproxen was around and that was WELL before Jun 2012 Razz

Creation date: 06 Jun 2012 01:19:00
Expiration date: 05 Jun 2015 17:19:00

GG no-re.
Also this is absurd, you're just saying "i used ddraw and then you used a later version of ddraw." wow good for you. i just did a forums search for "ddraw" and tupac was talking about it in january 2012 and jesk mentioned it later that year. so you're not the only person the idea of using the work of whoever made ddraw
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Last edited by Fast Luck on Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:19 pm