FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

vs dual or power

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
dude

vs dual or power

I am having no luck vs dualers and powers. when iplay a dude who is 1 hallin and has a lvl 1 ogre very early, do i make a million lvl 5 grunts and a cat or something? its like he is lust whne i am starting hold. i would also appreciate any tips on oting which i find impossible

Post Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:56 am 
AgainstTheGrain

vs dual or power

If u do not like cats, try repping the fuck out of ur alchemist after very early holding (~13 peons). A sapper or 2 with a # of grunts can work wonders in that case. Just scout where to sapper him & don't let him know u r about to sap. Btw, flyers can often give a hint to him. That usually works 4 me. Gl.
Doh. I meant sapping a dual. Kanuks is damn right.
------------------
I'll mantain against the grain...

[This message has been edited by AgainstTheGrain (edited 03-29-2002).]

Post Thu Mar 28, 2002 7:07 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
KaNuKs

vs dual or power

quote:
Originally posted by dude:
I am having no luck vs dualers and powers. when iplay a dude who is 1 hallin and has a lvl 1 ogre very early, do i make a million lvl 5 grunts and a cat or something? its like he is lust whne i am starting hold. i would also appreciate any tips on oting which i find impossible

Sapping isnt the best choice against a 1 hall power. At the time ul come with the sap he'll have 3-4 ogres. The goal is to scout him fast enough to see wuts goin on. Then u stop rushing, let him build defense by hitting with a few grunts. Then u set up a mill and power too. U can also come with a cat but dont expect to kill him, just slow him down a bit. (Killing the peon who is chopping him outside is a good shit to do).

Post Thu Mar 28, 2002 2:39 pm 
Gateway5000

vs dual or power

Negative v.s. a powerer 2hall. Get an archer so he cant chop out keep scouts to make sure u dont get rushed. and hes fucked

Post Mon Apr 15, 2002 10:48 am 
Darksol

vs dual or power

Dont be stupid.

Post Mon Apr 15, 2002 3:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Doritoe-

vs dual or power

The best way to kill a power is to find him quick, bring all ur grunts to him, and try to slow him while u make 2 cats. If ur afraid he might be chopped out by the time ur catscome, an archer or 2 will prevent him from choppin out.

-TOE

Post Mon Apr 15, 2002 5:14 pm 
aaa

vs dual or power

what if he has a gt or cat isn't your archer useless

Post Wed Apr 17, 2002 4:16 pm 
Doritoe-

vs dual or power

Well, vs a gt it might be useless, but if they have a cat then u could just hit the peon that tries to chop out and move your archer fast. repeat......

-TOE

Post Thu Apr 18, 2002 5:33 pm 
AgainstTheGrain

vs dual or power

Vs gt - check tower priorities on this site (strategy section, I guess). Gt will hit grunts, not axers/archers, so burn, babe, burn!

Post Fri Apr 19, 2002 2:35 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Sypher

vs dual or power

Depends on a lot of factors..

if they are dualing, i ususally send grunts i have at them then reverse dual, if powering, i usually camp their outside with archer/cat and kill their chopper/gold peons(if i have a cat), then power myself

Post Tue May 07, 2002 9:15 pm 
SuikodenTM

vs dual or power

if they dual you want to rape at least one of their expansions. If they have a tower it means they're going all out for ogres, so usually by the time you get in one of thier duels they'll prob have a couple ogres popping out, so make sure you're lv 5, then race for lust.

Post Thu May 16, 2002 1:34 pm 
~god~_freak

vs dual or power

Cats.
or chop in )))

Post Mon May 27, 2002 9:32 am 
Scrubbolator

vs dual or power

quote:
Originally posted by ~god~_freak:
Cats.
or chop in )))

chop in is a newbie strategy based on luck and on the idiocity of your opponent

that means a couple things
1. If you're planning on chopping in and get noticed, you lose
2. It will almost never work against a good player

the only time i would occasionally ever attempt to chop in against someone good would be to chop in s6 from the 6 gold mine, it takes 2 chops and nobody ever notices it

Post Sat Jun 08, 2002 9:22 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
tmang@td0h0t0h0h0h

it takes a lot of experience to know how to stop dualers. just don't freeze up and do nothing, then decide on something later because if you don't decide on something right away it's too late.

Post Fri Jun 21, 2002 8:32 pm 
Soth

I know of 4 places to chop into an s9/9 dual. unless the dualer makes it a habit to scout his entire treeline from top to bottom, and keep an eye on the trees, well then.. everyone falls for a chop rush once in a while.

Post Tue Jul 02, 2002 7:38 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote