FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

Patch 1.5

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
kublikhan

Patch 1.5

New Battle.net UI
The Arcade has arrived! To make way for this new feature, significant changes have been made to the StarCraft II user interface. Two new buttons have been added: the Arcade button, which will act as a portal to a brand new custom games experience that features dramatic improvements in finding, rating and playing custom games, and the StarCraft II button, which will provide access to classic single player and multiplayer experiences, including the StarCraft II campaign, multiplayer ladder, melee maps and more. The Battle.net user interface has been completely refreshed with a new look and feel.

Arcade Button
A new Arcade button has been added to the main Battle.net navigation panel at the top-left of the user interface. Custom games once found in the Custom Games interface will now be found here with an improved interface and tools. Players now have more flexibility to find, play, and review custom games, more quickly and easily than ever before.

The Spotlight page displays new or up-and-coming games. Players can visit the Spotlight to browse featured games, new games on the rise, and top-rated games as reviewed by the community. Players can search for games based on genre, popularity, star ratings, newness, and recent spikes in popularity. Each custom game in the Arcade is represented by a game icon. The game icon contains a large game image (provided by the creator), and includes the game’s name and star rating. Hovering over the icon displays the game description. Clicking on a game icon brings players into the Game Info page, the main portal for each game in the Arcade. This page contains summarized information about a custom game, including a description, screenshots, play instructions, reviews, and other information. The Game Info page consists of several sections:

Overview: This contains the game description and a set of screenshots that show off the action. How to Play: This is where players will find instructions (basic and advanced) and how to win. There is also space for additional images to supplement the game instructions. Patch Notes: This is where the game creator can list updates that have been made to the game, so that players can see how the game is growing and improving. Review: After playing, players can give a game a star rating and enter a text review. Once enough ratings have been submitted, the game receives an Average Star Rating that displays on the game icon. Players can also mark other players’ reviews as “Helpful” which will ensure that the best reviews rise to the top. Tutorial: Game creators can now publish tutorials for their creations. If a tutorial exists for a game, a “Play Tutorial” button will appear on the Game Info Page, which can be clicked to immediately launch the tutorial.
There is now a “Join Chat” button on the Game Info Page that allows players to join a channel named after that Arcade game. The new Open Games List displays games that have players, but aren’t full and ready to start yet. This should help players identify active games and find partners or opponents more easily.

StarCraft Button

The StarCraft II multiplayer ladder, melee games and other classic gameplay options have been moved to a separate StarCraft II button.

The StarCraft button has been reorganized to consolidate all single player and multiplayer StarCraft II play types in one easy-to-navigate screen. Players can now access the following from a single unified StarCraft screen:

Multiplayer: Quick Match, Coop vs. A.I., Team Games, and Melee Custom Games Single Player: Campaign, Challenges, and Versus A.I.

New Streaming Launcher
A new StarCraft II Launcher will allow game data to stream during play. This should reduce download, install, and patching times. We look forward to your feedback on the new launcher!

User Interface
Maximum selection size has been increased to 500, up from 255. Items can now be instantly sold by pressing Control + Right-Click. Instant items can now be used while in targeting mode without canceling targeting in custom games. Items can now display range indicators and AoE targeting cursors when in target mode in custom games. Inventory commands (Use, Move, and Pawn) are now available as custom hotkeys in custom games. Alliance colors have been updated to propagate to the entire UI. A new in-game pathing display has been added that shows the path a unit will take on the minimap.

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:57 am 
Aerasal

are there many custom games that are worth playing? i just reformatted and don't have sc2 installed atm.

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:18 am 
turtleman@can

not very exciting update..it'd be nice if people started actually making quality custom maps. 99% of them are just stupid gimmick maps. admittedly some are fun on a superficial level (nexus wars)

I remember all of these cool videos of projects in the works prior to the game even being released and why have they all disappeared?

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:28 am 
7VlesSiah

It would be nice if your Zerg race got a nerf. That queen buff was just OP.

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:46 am 
kublikhan

Queen buff has really turned the tables on hellion harass, yet many still try it anyway. You would think that mixing in a few marauders would make the hellions more powerful against this queen heavy opening. I don't see many terrans getting early marauders against zerg though.

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:48 pm 
Fast Luck

Tiem for Axo to shut this foru mdown I think. This game is old hat now and War2 is where the action is

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:53 pm