FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

Who is the best starcraft 2 player?

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
ilyich[as]

Who is the best starcraft 2 player?

I want to watch the best player at starcraft 2 before I play it with my little brother. Starcraft always had players like jaedong, flash, bisu and boxer that you could watch to see only the very best play. In order to play the game i will need to purhase a game for the stupid internet login because the local gaming/internet cafe doesn't have them. Plus its 15$ for four hours, so i can't waste any time. Plus i thinks there is an expansion you gotta buy. I just hope they have hydralisk speed in the game.

Who are the best terran and zerg players?

Post Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:26 am 
$paCe

internet cafe? You live in texas? Dude, spend 500 bucks on a gaming desktop. Don't waste your money at internet cafes, you live in america. Let the 3rd world countries deal with internet cafes. As far as your question goes, I'd say look into whitera if you are going to play protoss, and for zerg you could look at thelittleone, idra, lots of others. Terran, well marineking is a good place to start Razz

Post Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:41 am 
Picka_materina

You don't need the best, since you won't be able to replicate what they do anyway. Just open teamliquid stream list and watch anyone who's streaming at the time on the featured list, it will be good enough. Best terans are hardly streaming (mvp/mma/mkp etc), but not much to see there other then auto shift drops and stim

Post Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:54 am 
DrunkeN

IPL is this weekend. I suggest you watch that. The best players are there.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=326607

Also I feel another MKP win. 3 straight major tourney wins!!

Post Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:14 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
baRa

Just tell me when you'll be on and I'll log in, you can watch me.

Post Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:48 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Fast Luck

quote:
Originally posted by $paCe
internet cafe? You live in texas? Dude, spend 500 bucks on a gaming desktop. Don't waste your money at internet cafes, you live in america. Let the 3rd world countries deal with internet cafes. As far as your question goes, I'd say look into whitera if you are going to play protoss, and for zerg you could look at thelittleone, idra, lots of others. Terran, well marineking is a good place to start Razz
he's homeless you know, how's he gonna buy a $500 desktop and how's he gonna use it?
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:01 pm 
$paCe

why isn't someone in texas from our community putting him up? Surely one of you has a garage he could sleep in or a shed.

Post Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:03 pm 
Sypher

Zerg = watch stephanos stream

Terran = as stated, most tip top terrans don't stream; however, you can check out Nadas or Demuslims stream. Both are very good players. Nada just isn't as good as he was in BW.

Post Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:55 pm 
ilyich[as]

quote:
Originally posted by peponi
I slept in bushes every night and went to school during the day.

This is my actual game plan.

I watched a bunch of Idra games. Are there any Brood War zerg players that are still really good in Starcraft 2?

Post Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:26 am 
Sypher

quote:
Originally posted by ilyich[as]
I watched a bunch of Idra games. Are there any Brood War zerg players that are still really good in Starcraft 2?

Julyzerg is pretty good. But you don't have to watch a top level bw player to learn something. They are completely different games. Only the genre is the same.

Post Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:12 am 
Picka_materina

Out of 7, 1 protos went through pool play. Out of 9, 5 terans went on.

Post Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:11 pm 
7VlesSiah

I think the latest statistic results for korea have Terran beating Toss 60% of the time. That is pretty huge.

Post Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:46 am 
turtleman@can

if u want to learn how to play zerg, don't watch idra - he's got terrible game sense and usually just wins because he's got 500+ apm over his opponents.

Post Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:47 pm 
turtleman@can

been watching a bit of LosirA's stream - the guy is the best player I've ever seen. I honestly don't think I would stand a chance in hell against him. Watching him control zerglings is mind blowing. It's like he stalks his opponent's every move and just devastates them with ling control. I switched over to Idra's stream just for kicks and the APM difference was like night and day. Idra looked like a newborn baby trying to walk in comparison.

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:41 pm 
Picka_materina

Check out his keyboard. There's vids on youtube Smile He's insane Razz Hes not doing well lately, i think he's bored of it.

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:46 pm 
DrunkeN

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:14 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Picka_materina

That gif does not do him justice.

This is realtime the gif was taken from
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4UTDudShDY
i like this one more
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VIzB6urmjI

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:09 pm 
turtleman@can

quote:
Originally posted by Picka_materina
Check out his keyboard. There's vids on youtube Smile He's insane Razz Hes not doing well lately, i think he's bored of it.

He might not be doing that great in the GSL but that entire league is just a giant coin flip - I doubt 90% of the GSL players are as skilled as this kid. I was watching him stomp the shit out of MVP/MKP/Etc on the korean ladder.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:16 pm 
7VlesSiah

One argument against Losira is that his real success came against protoss. He pioneered this roach rush that ran toss over for a while. When that meta game shifted so did his results.

He is really fast with the keyboard.

Post Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:04 pm 
turtleman@can

I kinda feel like that describes Stephano right now. I've watched him play and he seems like he's pretty good in zvz, and mediocre in zvt - but his zvp is brutal.

Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:00 pm 
turtleman@can

I don't really understand how a toss FFE can stop stephano's style. I've been doing it on the ladder and it usually wins. You basically just take 3 bases asap and forego gas - drone up to like 60 , make a few early lings to stop any early zealot scouts/probes and by the time they're ready to make a push you're cranking out overlords and roaches. You max out at around 12 minutes and then just overwhelm the toss with roaches.

Usually what happens when I do this is either
A: they do a heavy warpgate push and I eventually hold it off and counter/deny their third (and pretty much win by doing this)
B: they do some collosus tech build where I just send wave after wave at them and if they're dumb enough to move out of their base, I just trade roaches for their collosus and leave them with nothing
C: they go heavy blink stalkers and it doesn't even matter because roach/slings overwhelm them - even with good blink micro
D: they go for a quick stargate and get out void rays - but they can't do enough DPS to stop me from pillaging their base

The only thing that really beats it under normal circumstances is if they go heavy sentries/immortals and consistently lay down good forcefields. and successfully take their third base.

I was watching him play vs some toss in the finals of a tournament the other day and he won like 4-1. Watching that series really made me feel like this was imbalanced because he was literally just rallying his hatches at his opponent every game and holding down 'r' and seemed to win pretty convincingly without any effort. The toss player knew it was coming every game too - and couldn't do anything to stop him.

I've been playing random a bit on ladder lately and when I'm toss I 1 base forge open and cannon rush into void rays to hard counter this strat because I can't think of any good FFE counters

Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:15 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
I don't really understand how a toss FFE can stop stephano's style. I've been doing it on the ladder and it usually wins. You basically just take 3 bases asap and forego gas - drone up to like 60 , make a few early lings to stop any early zealot scouts/probes and by the time they're ready to make a push you're cranking out overlords and roaches. You max out at around 12 minutes and then just overwhelm the toss with roaches.

Usually what happens when I do this is either
A: they do a heavy warpgate push and I eventually hold it off and counter/deny their third (and pretty much win by doing this)
B: they do some collosus tech build where I just send wave after wave at them and if they're dumb enough to move out of their base, I just trade roaches for their collosus and leave them with nothing
C: they go heavy blink stalkers and it doesn't even matter because roach/slings overwhelm them - even with good blink micro
D: they go for a quick stargate and get out void rays - but they can't do enough DPS to stop me from pillaging their base

The only thing that really beats it under normal circumstances is if they go heavy sentries/immortals and consistently lay down good forcefields. and successfully take their third base.

I was watching him play vs some toss in the finals of a tournament the other day and he won like 4-1. Watching that series really made me feel like this was imbalanced because he was literally just rallying his hatches at his opponent every game and holding down 'r' and seemed to win pretty convincingly without any effort. The toss player knew it was coming every game too - and couldn't do anything to stop him.

I've been playing random a bit on ladder lately and when I'm toss I 1 base forge open and cannon rush into void rays to hard counter this strat because I can't think of any good FFE counters

I've lost to something similar, but if you crank out immortals, with some sentries and it's not an open field map, you can win against it. At platinum level anyways!

Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:52 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
GaNzTheLegend

Im unbeatable at SC2 just like WC2.

Post Sat May 12, 2012 8:57 am 
-667-

quote:
Originally posted by GaNzTheLegend

where is the 1997 but later 2003 igl gold account to prove it

Post Wed May 23, 2012 7:57 am 
turtleman@can

quote:
Originally posted by GaNzTheLegend

1v1 tonight or dodge.

Post Thu May 24, 2012 5:57 am 
anti[as]

Re: Who is the best starcraft 2 player?

quote:
Originally posted by ilyich[as]
I want to watch the best player at starcraft 2 before I play it with my little brother. Starcraft always had players like jaedong, flash, bisu and boxer that you could watch to see only the very best play. In order to play the game i will need to purhase a game for the stupid internet login because the local gaming/internet cafe doesn't have them. Plus its 15$ for four hours, so i can't waste any time. Plus i thinks there is an expansion you gotta buy. I just hope they have hydralisk speed in the game.

Who are the best terran and zerg players?
Protoss players Razz you know ily protoss rules

Post Mon May 28, 2012 10:05 pm