FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

new balance update

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
GenOciDe-

new balance update

Zerg imba

Overlord speed increased from 0.4687 to 0.586 and Queens ground range attack increased from 3 to 5

Very Happy

Post Thu May 10, 2012 12:15 pm 
turtleman@can

To be honest these are changes that should have been made at the beginning of beta. Kinda feel like it's a slap in the face at this point with hots on the horizon.

Post Thu May 10, 2012 2:34 pm 
DrunkeN

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
To be honest these are changes that should have been made at the beginning of beta. Kinda feel like it's a slap in the face at this point with hots on the horizon.

The overlord speed was fine early in sc2 cause the maps were stupid small. Now with large maps zergs can't even get their overlord to a main base. Queen extra attack range im still unsure about I will have to see how it plays out.

Post Fri May 11, 2012 9:42 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
turtleman@can

the smaller the map, the more important scouting is so i don't see your logic. Getting your initial OL to your opponent's base and taking a peek before they have anything to kill it is a very minor convenience. The big deal here is that when I need to scout and my only option is an overlord - (at the critical tech timings) , I now have a much better chance of getting the intel instead of having my overlord gunned down for nothing.

This is going to impact a lot of things for zerg as OLs play a vital role in all matchups

Post Fri May 11, 2012 10:24 am 
Aerasal

i'm surprised to see balance changes after such a long time. btw when is hots due and has there been any new info lately for it?

Post Fri May 11, 2012 3:53 pm 
DrunkeN

Blizzard made an announcement about HOTS a few weeks ago. They removed a few of the new units because they didn't like how they played out like the replicator. MLG Anaheim is going to have booths set-up for HOTS play so that will be interested to hear about. Supposedly HOTS is hitting Q1 of 2013 or maybe Q4 of 2012.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/5366967/Developer_Update_with_Production_Director_Chris_Sigaty-5_7_2012#blog

Post Fri May 11, 2012 5:55 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
eS[MaGe]

Zerg's probably won't need roaches to fend off hellion harass unless there are more then 4-6. Guarding tumors will be easier to accomplish with the range increase for queens. Any early game shenanigans is going to be a bit harder to pull off in general. Things like being able to kill the SCV making a bunker or just barely having to run off creep if at all to stop it will be nicer for zerg. I'm not too worried about it as a terran either way.. I'm just glad they didn't go through with the buff that was going to give queens 50 energy as they hatch. That would of been a nightmare!

Post Fri May 11, 2012 6:08 pm 
Picka_materina

Agree'd.

New buff is horrible for tos as well.

Denies any early zealot pressure if you FE vs 3 hatch. Denies any and all surprises you can do on your strats. This combined with zerg favored maps that have started to take place in the ladder pool (ovi just above the natural you can't deny till stargate/obs, by which time he knows your tech path) gives me a view of how hots will be.

meh.

Post Fri May 11, 2012 7:14 pm 
eS[MaGe]

quote:
Originally posted by Picka_materina
Agree'd.

New buff is horrible for tos as well.

Denies any early zealot pressure if you FE vs 3 hatch. Denies any and all surprises you can do on your strats. This combined with zerg favored maps that have started to take place in the ladder pool (ovi just above the natural you can't deny till stargate/obs, by which time he knows your tech path) gives me a view of how hots will be.

meh.

Seriously! I hate that all new maps have OL placement spots right outside or partially inside the natural. At least I can float a barracks and kill it (still rather annoying and takes away 2-3 marines or a possible reactor/techlab) poor protoss have to either get phoenix/voids or wait for an obs.. Which as you said gives away your tech path. I'm kinda worried about HOTS but TvZ is my best matchup so I am hoping it stays that way! I'll probably be more worried about the protoss expansion because late game TvP is super unforgiving if you make the slightest mistake and that goes for both races really...

Post Fri May 11, 2012 11:13 pm