FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

4/5 gaywars in a 4vs4

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
loneknight

4/5 gaywars in a 4vs4

I havent seen anyone doing this strategy, so i'd call it mine =). After getting your first hall and farm, go make a rax, get 2 more peon, and send them to repair the rax. With the 4th peon make a farm. After rax finishes get a footman, and a fifth peon. Since you have alot of peons out, you can deny the possible towering. If he walls in a tower, send all of your units to his base, and kill him, let the footman patrol, and use the peons to clear out the possible defensive towers, and then make a hall. Agants better players like Sparkz102, you have to send a peon out, and perfent him from walling in, by making a farm or a mill to his base, after you have your grunt you can cancel the farm/mill and rush into his base. If he decided to rush too, get an additional rax, and simply outrush him, before he's able to get level. This is the fastest way to rush, in a negihbour war. If he didnt mind towering you, but instantly made defenses, then send your grunts to help your pards, get a smith, and power. My win ratio is 9/10 with this, so if you do it right, it will be the same with you. Works at 6/8 too, but its more likely a defensive strategy there, since 6/8 are far away from each other. At 6/8 only do this, if you know that your neighbour will tower you. At 9/11 this isnt too efective, since both can wall in pretty easyly. At 2/12 it can be good, if you want to power, after your first 3 grunts. If he closes, then you can help ur pard, If he rushes, then you can kill his few starting grunts, and make him think, that you will rush hard. If 2 tryes to tower 12, you can easly pervent it, with a peon, what reps the rax from the bottom,(i usually make rax to entrance). This is a BNE strategy, but also good at 4/5 warz on old gow. You can do this in a 2x2, 3x3 but its risky, and according to me blind all-in's are for newbs.

Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:04 am 
_Ataxia_

better players like sparkz?

btw, you can rep the rax with 4 peons and still have enough food for 1 grunt b4 ur 5th peon pops.

Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:29 am 
RamJam

I've beat people with this strategy but it would never work versus anyone good. If this is 4 v 5 you're talking about, 5 always make a defensive gt right away and if they see you running at 5 with a grunt and peons they will just block the tower and there's nothing you will be able to do.

Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:07 am 
Ywfn

quote:
Originally posted by RamJam
if they see you running at 5 with a grunt and peons they will just block the tower and there's nothing you will be able to do.

It won't kill them, but depending on what's happening with your ally, being able to send some early grunts to assist could still win the game for the team.

Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:17 am 
cpt^Claw

quote:
Originally posted by Ywfn
quote:
if they see you running at 5 with a grunt and peons they will just block the tower and there's nothing you will be able to do.

It won't kill them, but depending on what's happening with your ally, being able to send some early grunts to assist could still win the game for the team.

wont work on tumbleweed -.- therefore the whole strategy is worthless

Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:19 am 
loneknight

quote:
I've beat people with this strategy but it would never work versus anyone good. If this is 4 v 5 you're talking about, 5 always make a defensive gt right away and if they see you running at 5 with a grunt and peons they will just block the tower and there's nothing you will be able to do.

You'll have 2 grunts raping his gold by the times he's gt finishes, and anyway, he will not be able to kill you, or slow you down. He either needs to defend or attack. Both should fail, if you do it right. Since this strategy is rarely used, It will suprise your opponents, also, you should send a peon before the rax finishes, so you can pervent him from doing any sort of wail in's.

Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:02 pm 
Ywfn

quote:
Originally posted by loneknight
you should send a peon before the rax finishes, so you can pervent him from doing any sort of wail in's.

This won't work as he will see your rax right off the bat when he scouts you and go back home and wall immediately, upgrade the gt, get a cat, and then rush out.

He'll actually be quite a bit ahead. Your only chance is to help your ally out at this point and try to make it a 2 on 1, because you'll die eventually unless you're a significantly better player.

Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:56 pm 
RamJam

quote:
Originally posted by Ywfn
quote:

He is talking about an all out peon/grunt attack though right from the start, before your ally can even get guys there. It just simply would never work against anyone good.

Lone as far as "attack their gold," if you ran into my base from the start with peons and a grunt I would not have peons mining. I would simply wall the tower and have all my peons go into build farm mode so you wouldn't get a single kill. Really try this vs. someone good, I guarantee it will not work. I used to do this strategy all the time when I would rax first and the opponent would rax me, but it only works vs. newbies.

Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:10 pm 
Ywfn

quote:
He is talking about an all out peon/grunt attack though right from the start, before your ally can even get guys there. It just simply would never work against anyone good.

Yes, I realize that. I was saying that as soon as it fails because the person at 5 walls in, he could send his grunts to say 12/2 where he could help his ally get a quick kill.

Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:51 pm 
RamJam

Yeah I suppose but they'd be level 1 so not that much of a help and if I was 5 I would have canceled the wall as soon as my gts were done, so 4 would be an easy kill at that point.

Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:58 pm 
_Ataxia_

i prefer 5 peon rush.

although one time i did a 5 peon rush and the guy did your strategy. i was completely decimated. Laughing

Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:39 pm 
swift0ne

Re: 4/5 gaywars in a 4vs4

Strategy is bleh, but you got the right idea, just keep thinking

Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:54 pm 
Ywfn

quote:
Yeah I suppose but they'd be level 1 so not that much of a help and if I was 5 I would have canceled the wall as soon as my gts were done, so 4 would be an easy kill at that point.

Three extra level 1 grunts in a tight 12/2, especially with 4 repping his rax, would make a huge difference.

Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:38 am 
terror-kahn

loneknight, how did you misspell prevent 2 times in a row? .. and still spell them differently both times

http://www.youtube.com/ClanAbsoluteSynergy

Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:17 am 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Sparkz102

quote:
Originally posted by _Ataxia_
better players like sparkz?

btw, you can rep the rax with 4 peons and still have enough food for 1 grunt b4 ur 5th peon pops.

yea, loneknight is yet to win a 4/5 5/4 war against me

it goes like this, if u have 4, say gg, if u have 5, qq

4 can defly take the advantage if p scouting
make ur mill clogging the goldmine, then either seal him in with a farm or tower, doesnt matter, hes sealed in and towering in from the right is gg with tower bug

if ur 5 and u p scout, u can do some delay tactics in 4, but u must defend 5, thereis always the intial threat of gts to the top right;
in old gow, careful behind ur trees,
in bne, careful downlow to the right for a 2tower seal

generally its a good idea to go 2 farm quick if ur 5, amount ur peons and sometimes i opt for a well placed gt, then cat back, as 4 can have its gold catted in both bne and old.

Post Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:42 pm 
SarX

yeah 4 gets fucked in every gow...except TE i think?

Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:07 pm 
Sparkz102

quote:
Originally posted by SarX
yeah 4 gets fucked in every gow...except TE i think?

see post above

Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:38 pm 
_Ataxia_

i hate it when i'm 5 and the other guy walls me in. the only way to counter this is either really good UC or build 2 walls at either end of the path so that he cant build farm there

Post Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:55 pm 
ilyich[as]

This is a great tactic in my opinion. I never tower rush. I would probably suck at it. Actually, i lose almost every 4/5 battle. I don't pscout ever though... so I end up repairing my barracks a lot after they walk in and barracks my gold. If you get there before they wall you win, but in 4v4 someone else will just kill you. Most players wall in before i get there so i normally send the four peasants repairing the barracks directly to the areas they hide towers. If they aren't trying to tower your gold, then you're really screwed, but more often than not they are using the cowardly tower rush tactic, especially in 4v4.

Post Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:59 pm 
terror-kahn

join [as] .. be like ilyich

humans only
rush only
no scouting
no towering
no invisible mages

Wink

http://www.youtube.com/ClanAbsoluteSynergy

Post Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:48 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote