FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

Some useful trickz#2

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
loneknight

Some useful trickz#2

This is a strategy i used quite alot vs. powering players. It is pretty unique and requires very good microing tower skills expo and hold/fort timings.
When my opponent powers sometimes i try to end the game "early".

Begins with a 1rax into lvl3 and scouting etc then when you see he walled himself in you throw down a rax and a mill. Keep geting footies peasant while net geting farm blocked then get 2 cats and rally them to the enemy's front. Alot of times the guy who powers will just get one cat and goes for fast fort so that way you can instantly kill him unless you fuck up your cat control. Now if he makes towers or additonal cats and raxes (but that is usually not the case) you can stay on hall a bit longer than he does and keep geting cats grunts gt's and possibly a few ct's as well. If he goes for fast hold and fort (with like 13 peon) you can delay your own hold until you have like 17-20peon. You pretty much gotta get it when you have enough resources. You should make a few more cats ofc only if he does as well and get lvl5 upgrades.

Now when you hit hold he will probably have a fort but thats okay! Here comes the fun part Very Happy. You get 2 inventorys and start pumping out sappers I prefer to make proxys because time will be very short. Most of the time you can kill AT LEAST 2 ogres but alot of times i killed 4, 5 or even 7 ogres with just ONE sapper. A nice tactic with the sappers is to send it towards to ogres and behind your sapper send a grunt too! If the grunt is there then the ogres will stop at your sapper and wait for like a second, when they all stopped the sapper will just detonate and probably kill alot!

AFTER you have your inventorys up get an ogre mound AND an expansion. Since you already made alot of towers 5-10 at his front he will HAVE TO get dk's to break out. He could be dead or very far behind already but if you didn't manage to finish him, just get 2 flyers. At this point you have your own ogres and flyers AND an expo you can start forting. Since he is behind one base he will have to attack you fast. Now you use your flyers to scout the mages and quickly snipe them with your ogres. You should have 2gt's and a cannon or 2cannons or 4gts at each of your bases so the ogres with lust can't kill you. When you hit fort and start lust (repair altar with alot of peons) you will probably be in a very good shape. You should have like 30 peons to his 20 but most of the time i finish the game before i get to that situation.

This strategy requires practice. You have to figure out timings. Oh and if your opponent 2 hall powers you can just slaughter him Very Happy. One downside of this strategy is that your opponent can just straight up 2rax outrush. Well then you can be killed BUT if you do the towering like i do you will have 1-2 peons at his front that can constantly block the grunts, just chek for choppers but that kind of rush is pretty rare... Players will just rush for their lust to just die with it patheticly. I haven't seen anyone else play like this so i guess i can call this my own strategy. It did work for me and is fun to do, there is action all troughout the game and no1 would expect you to do this. Again this strategy worked againts players i was struggleing to deal with. gl hf & thx for reading!

Last edited by loneknight on Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:05 pm 
manzon

Post Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:26 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
loneknight

quote:
Originally posted by manzon

Like this? Very Happy
I fixed alot of mistakes i made during the writing. Again, my English is not that good. I'm also waiting for people to share their opinions Wink

Post Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:52 pm 
SarX

it's a good post, keep it up Smile

Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:15 pm 
$paCe

sarx do you still play war2?

Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:33 pm