Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

attacking

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
smurf_king

attacking

i got a few weeks ago sc2 starter edition

im still learning and only playing as terrans of course

but

why is backstabbing not enabled? is there any way to enable backstabbing?

does the full version allow backstabbing?

for fuck sakes, really there are some really dumb idiotic people that only deserve to be backstabbed, they ruin games,

their incompetence makes you lose time arguing and trying to make em understand but it's a lost case.

Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:44 pm 
GreenHorn

Then play 1's.

Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:45 pm 
smurf_king

yeah
Razz

i like 2s though

feel like i learn even more that way, sometimes you get paired with really good people.

Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:49 pm 
Picka_materina

Team in sc2 is so failed compared to teams in war2 Sad It's quite sad. The resource sharing can be so abusive Sad Good concept. Should have made it you can send res only if the person doesn't have nexus or similar and lacks money to make it.

Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:10 pm 
kublikhan

I actually have not played many team games in sc2. What kind of abuse and broken game play were you seeing?

Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:24 pm 
Kyr.Luoson

Well the thing is, random teams generally matches you up with people around your skill level. You said you just got the game few weeks ago so this is not a case of incompetence it's a case of a newb getting mad at his newb allie for getting owned by newbs.

Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:27 pm 
Kyr.Luoson

quote:
Originally posted by Picka_materina
Team in sc2 is so failed compared to teams in war2 Sad It's quite sad. The resource sharing can be so abusive Sad Good concept. Should have made it you can send res only if the person doesn't have nexus or similar and lacks money to make it.

I do agree with the resource sharing, needs a tax on it or something.

This is over a year ago when i use to play sc2 alot more often but me and a mate use to do a build where you wall off 2 expos next to your main. The protoss player would build cannons/wall to stop any early attacks and the terran would take the 2 expos with CC and spam mules. The protoss player made 15 gates and just non stopped attacked. It was unstoppable unless you got in early before warpgate finished. Had plently of scans for cloak units etc.. Think we had a serious 95% win rate doing this, but needed the correct map.

Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:31 pm 
$paCe

if you want to attack your allies, do what I did when I first started playing. pick terran and go all out nukes. Whenever your allies mineral line is getting harassed, come in and save the day by nuking the enemy, even if it's only one unit.

Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:38 pm 
Picka_materina

quote:
Originally posted by kublikhan
I actually have not played many team games in sc2. What kind of abuse and broken game play were you seeing?

I still play all teams, because im bored, so i see it still

1.People leave at the start of the game, ally immediately gets extra res, then just rushes you in 3-4 minutes of the game with whatever (proxy 3gate, 6pool/mass marine). If you're tos, you can't do shit about it, teran/zerg cope a little better, but still fucked to hold

2. Then you have the bullshit of no strategy at all but one ally just feeding the other throughout the game so this one gets 200/200 extremely fast.

3. Horrible horrible matchup system. RT gets teamed up against AT based on wrong patterns, so you end up with "even matchup" in teams that are no way near "even". Especially noticeable in larger team games where rush is more dominant so 4 people attacking in organized fashion means much more then in 2s

4. Matching based on team ranks, instead of 1v1, or at least taking into consideration ranks in other leagues. Especially noticeable in 2s, when someone's master in 2s where he got via AT team (any AT team can get to master in under 10 games even if they're really really bad), and he's like platinum in 1s. So when such a person plays 2s, he's totally clueless of what to do.

etc etc.

Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:31 pm