Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

epic game to watch

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
turtleman@can

epic game to watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpT48SuZYaY

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:35 pm 
Picka_materina

Wow. Amazing game. Aria is awesome. His engagements are very poor however. All he had to do was attack expansions. Huk had amazing fight control, can't believe how he held some of that stuff.

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:33 pm 
turtleman@can

yeah, that's the first time I've seen zerg played that strongly. I think most of his engagements were pretty good considering huk's control. They were trading fairly equally until the mothership vortexes raped his late-game army a few times. The last fight, he lost because he had no detection. I'd like to know how many drones he had though - I usually don't make that many drones because I'm always afraid of my army size being too low.

I think he went for like 80 drones asap and then just maxed out fast on roaches, then threw down like 20+ spine crawlers when he was transitioning into his tier 3 units. I'm pretty sure he would have raped just about any other toss on the planet in that game.

Post Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:37 pm 
Picka_materina

I disagree on engagements. I think they were mostly poor. The guy had 50 supply over huk constantly. It would indeed be interesting to see the drone/probe count or army sizes, but i think those were both in his favor as well. I think he felt a little overconfident and thus didn't bother with much of the army control, and in each engagement he would fail to actually diminish the numbers of tos army and was more inclined on cripling his economy/production buildings. I would personally not even bother with main/natural and just go for expansions, and i think he would have the game then, this way huk only moved away from mined out main/natural to 2 new mines.

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:53 am 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Originally posted by Picka_materina
I disagree on engagements. I think they were mostly poor. The guy had 50 supply over huk constantly. It would indeed be interesting to see the drone/probe count or army sizes, but i think those were both in his favor as well. I think he felt a little overconfident and thus didn't bother with much of the army control, and in each engagement he would fail to actually diminish the numbers of tos army and was more inclined on cripling his economy/production buildings. I would personally not even bother with main/natural and just go for expansions, and i think he would have the game then, this way huk only moved away from mined out main/natural to 2 new mines.

He coulda hit left side, with his broodlords outside of the range of the stalkers. 1 or 2. Huk had no air whatsoever. Also, he could have hit left side in force, and just sent like 20-30 zerglings to rape Huk's main and all the buildings there because Huk had no cannons there. There's quite a lot he could have done. I think like you said, he got confident--then failed.

Of course, he's still 10000x better than I ever will be at that game.

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Picka_materina

No doubt, i think guy has amazing macro game. I especially liked the muta incorporation in the mix of all that.

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:21 pm 
kublikhan

Here's the replay if you guys were interested. Aria started roaching up at about 50 drones when Huk was around 40 probes. Aria maxed out at around 80 drones when that first big roach,ling,muta hit occurred and had about a 50 supply lead. I thought Arira was gonna win that battle with the army of over a dozen brood lords. That is, until Huk flushed the zerg's whole army down the Archon toilet.

Last edited by kublikhan on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:10 pm 
$paCe

wow thanks for giving away the ending, just when i was about to click the link too.

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:25 pm