FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

How many worth a Peon?

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
[OLC]APOPHIS

How many worth a Peon?

Many players using their peons for scouting. Argument are the less costs (400 gold), earlier scouting and to have one grunt more in the early game (if you scout with grunt, mostly he will be killed).
But most people just only see the cost difference, not what a peons REALLY worth =)

Remember, if you use your peon on Goldmine you will have an income of 600 Gold every minute (!) and if you use your peon on wood you have an income of 200 wood every minute.

So lets see how much is a dead peon slowing down your upgrade after 10 minutes playing? You could have 2000 wood more or 6000 Gold if you would havent use your peon for scouting being grunt-food.

Am I right? If not please tell me

note: I figured this out just for even faster

Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 8:12 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
I_BraKE_T0YS

How many worth a Peon?

The peon dun always have to be grunt food. Whut about any offensive buildings such as rax or mill in between the hall and the mine or an offensive tower>? I guess that would be a good question too, does the early raxing or milling benefit you more then the value of the peon in the long run either mining or chopping for you>?

Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 10:26 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ash-

How many worth a Peon?

quote:
Originally posted by [OLC]APOPHIS:
Many players using their peons for scouting. Argument are the less costs (400 gold), earlier scouting and to have one grunt more in the early game (if you scout with grunt, mostly he will be killed).
But most people just only see the cost difference, not what a peons REALLY worth =)

Remember, if you use your peon on Goldmine you will have an income of 600 Gold every minute (!) and if you use your peon on wood you have an income of 200 wood every minute.

So lets see how much is a dead peon slowing down your upgrade after 10 minutes playing? You could have 2000 wood more or 6000 Gold if you would havent use your peon for scouting being grunt-food.

Am I right? If not please tell me

note: I figured this out just for even faster

Nah, that's not true. Don't tell me you never run out of farm space. If that peon dies, you can just make another peon to replace him, whereas otherwise you might only have a farm half done, and half to wait for it to finish building, and which is the time it takes to train a peon. So the resources that peon could have gathered only count up for a minute or two, until ther eis a time where you would have run out of farm space if that peon had lived. Also, if that peon returns home to gather resources, it is only the amount of time that he was scouting that u can subtract from the resources, which if you found him and went straight home, is only a minute or two. Or, you can use that peon to build farms at a hidden spot, so you dont have to make farms at home, which means the only resource time missed out on was from the time you scouted till the time you started making farms. Considering all this, the advantage of peon scouting a dual, dual rush, or power is pretty high to a rusher.

------------------
Peace and Love,

Ash

Post Tue Jan 22, 2002 12:25 pm