FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

RELEASED!!! Mensa's ANTI-11 strategy from s9!!!

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
MensaGenius

This is IMHO the best strat to do from s9 if 11 gays you:

As soon as you find out they're 11 (or 9, but it's easier if their 11), build a barracks right away at the top of your town. Make 6 peons and have the 2nd build 2 more farms (all out of range of his towers) and have the next 4 repair the barracks. Have the 6th start a mill. Pump 4 grunts from the barracks, and send them straight to 11. Even if he's already walled, your fine - just hit his wallin, and you'll kill his wood supply. Then take your 6 peons to 9:00 and repair a hall and start mining gold. Don't build more peons yet as you need the gold for a tower. First send a peon to 11:00 and build guard towers (as many as your resources permit). Then when you have the resources you can make 4-6 more peons for a little more gold and some wood to build more towers, and some farms. If you still have a little extra gold you can make another grunt or 2, but the original 4 should do the trick.
Your towers should take out his wallin and let you rape his peons for a easy and fun win.

Varient: If he builds a guard tower at his wallin, hit his rax with the grunts UNTIL the tower finishes. Then just pull them back and wait for your towers to kill his wallin.

Varient: If he builds a cannon to protect his wallin, make 2 cannons to hit his wall-in so he'll think your going to try to break in and rush him. He'll make lots of grunts inside to protect against this. But what you'll really do, is go for a super speedy ogrerush with a sapper to blow his wallin-tree.

It's basically a win/win scenerio when you're s9. The only thing he can do is put up some towers inside his base to protect his peons, and then ogre rush you. But if you see him do this, then just do it back to him. You should easily be ahead since he spent more wood reparing, and he has less room to work with.

Well, I hope you enjoy! =D

------------------
MensaGenius

Post Mon Dec 03, 2001 12:40 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ranjan

"It's basically a win/win scenerio when you're s9."

I think that there are more possible "Varients" than the ones you mentioned. Just think about it from the perspective of the person at 11. If 11 peon scouted, then you will likely be raxed or oted and have to deal with that first, which requires flexibility. The "6 peon repair a hall at 9" may not always be a possibility. If 11 is rushing, his rush will likely be ahead of yours because you had to walk up from 6/8. If he walls in with a cat, then your oting won't do too much.

Also, however much wood 11 might spend repairing, you will spend more repairing a hall at 9 with 6 peons.

edit: Your name bothers me. Is it supposed to be a joke, or is English your 2nd language?

[This message has been edited by Ranjan (edited 12-03-2001).]

Post Mon Dec 03, 2001 2:42 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
MensaGenius

No, you repairing your rax, would put you ahead grunt wise.

And, no English is not my second language, and if their's a joke, I don't get it. Maybe you could explain it to me?

------------------
MensaGenius

Post Wed Dec 05, 2001 12:45 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
MensaGenius

Im seriously a genius ------ Ive been completly owning 11 with this start. I've yet to try it on 9, but it soooooooo owns 11. God i'm so smart!

------------------
MensaGenius

Post Mon Dec 10, 2001 12:27 am 
MensaGenius

You'de think, but that never happens. Usually they make a barracks, and try to finish off their gay, with a light rush.

------------------
MensaGenius

Post Wed Dec 12, 2001 7:40 pm 
Axolotl

Haha to orkinman :P

If 11 peon scouts down to 9, and then the 30k, which most people do, your odds of winning from s9 go from about 40 to 0-10. The problem is the first peon from 11 can simply wall you in at the top with a rax or a farm. By the time your peon gets up to 11 (if you sent one), you'll be lucky just to wall the entrance in, or if you're really lucky, you'll get a rax in the peon line.

But so what? Now you have to walk all the way around to get another peon up there, and by that time, the guy at 11 either has a few grunts waiting for you, or a cat already started. And you still have to worry about that scout peon from 11, and tower up a barracks if he got one in on you.

I would say that 11 vs s9 is where you will see the most cases of s9's townhall dieing to an 11s fort. It's just that hard of a situation against good players.

I suggest you read the qotd I did on 8/6 vs 11/2. http://www.warcraft.org/war2/qotd/q1.html

Post Wed Dec 12, 2001 7:48 pm 
MensaGenius

Ah good point. I always assumed 11, would immediatly mill s9's gold. It never occured to me that its more useful to wall him in, and then hopefully his gold.

I still think my strat is very good though if he leaves s9 open on the top.

Thnx alot for the feedback.

------------------
MensaGenius

Post Wed Dec 12, 2001 11:43 pm 
BiZaTcH

You can always chop out or tower his Farm.

Post Thu Dec 13, 2001 12:09 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
ORKinman

If you're playing someone good you'll get raxed or something, and they'll also be walled with a tower at 11... UH OH GG MENSAGENIUS.

Post Thu Dec 13, 2001 1:14 am 
moo

where did the whole "gaying" terminology start up? I'm still trying to figure out what it has to do with towering someone...

Post Thu Dec 13, 2001 8:15 pm 
YuNgWuN

I think gaying terminology came from the fact that ...in the begining, The person didn't know you was towering him, and it wasnt a head on attack. Thus your comming from behind with towers. And what else comes from behind...hint *gays*

Post Thu Dec 13, 2001 10:01 pm