FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

Ruiner Rush

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
EM_Ruiner

Ruiner Rush

I made this strat about 48 hours ago and tested it a few times before i thought to put it up. Mind you, this will take practice for you to get good at it (took me 10 tries) before i memorized it.

Downfall of this strat:
it isnt the best in the world for a 12/2
Any messing with the peons and u r screwed(grunts killing peons, being towered)
If you are against a luster and cant defeat their wall you will be about 45-90 sec behind)
Positive:
I havnt met anyone who can outrush me, unless you are 6.

This is split up in to farm times so you can remember it better.

p1:hall, farm, rax, gold
p2:rax,mine
p3:smith,5 farms,trees
p4:farm,mine
p5:scout or mine
wait for farm #2 to be done (5-10 sec)
upgrade your shields
make 2 peons and 2 grunts
after farm #3
make 2 peons
after farm #4
upgrade weapons
make 2 peons and 2 grunts
after farm #5
2 peons
after farm #6
upgrade shields
make 2 peons (trees) and 2 grunts
after farm #7
make 4 peons (trees)
upgrade weapons
crank out grunts like mad
go hold

This rush only works if you know where the enemy is early. I've owned 12 from 4 with it I dont know how many times.
Because mine lengths are different I just look at the smith to determine when to make grunts or not. If you want to play a failsafe way for it to work right do this.

close to upgrade being done?
yes=make 2 peons
no=make 2 peons and 2 grunts

make sure after farm 6 u make peons for the trees because if you dont you are REALLY SCREWED.
by the time you click lvl5 upgrade you have maybe 50 trees left
by the time the upgrade is finished your peons made 2 trips for lumber giving you
approx 1200-1000 wood

To kill 9 -
with this rush (especially if they s9 dual) take two peons and chop from the top while ur building ur base. and make a hole for ur grunts. make sure you have 6-9 grunts ready and waiting so that when that peon is done u can rush in before he notices.
9/10 they only have a cat in there newayz and if they have 2 raxes outside use ur 2 peon choppers and wall that chop up so he cant come in after you.
If you do this right after lvl5 they already have oggies, so scout 9 FIRST.

To kill 11:
Since you have lvl5 grunts before they do.AND A HELLA LOT OF EM. Rush 11 and kill all their lvl3 or maybe 4 grunts. Stand back and immediatley go for sappers. (repair an alchemist guild) This is only going to work once so make it good. With this strat its either you win or you lose. There isnt any (well that failed, ill go for lust)
To kill 12:
This is a little slower if they set up a choke.
make 1 cat and 1 sapper
Cat their tower to get their grunts to come out.(if they aren't newbie they will leave a line) kill off their grunts, and send 5 of your 12-14 lvl5 grunts to kill off the rest of their grunt line) if your cat survived finish off the tower. if not sapper the farm surrounding it and finish with grunts.

To kill 2:
gg if they have a choke most likely
stand outside of 2 with ur army of grunts.
send 1 grunt in and scope the place out
if the wall of grunts is at the front of the entrance. rush in and rape.(grunt to grunt u will own)
If the grunts are further inside there is a choke setup most likely and the grunts are standing ground.
build 2 cats asap. its best if u first scouted 2 to keep checking up on 2 from time to time to see if a choke was developed.
send your 2 cats in and BOOM, before your player can hit the patrol command their tower is gone and you own their troops.

4 or 5 (wtf r u rushing for?) gay them or make sappers and blow some trees up. or cat and kill other cat/towers

nuff said

If you find any flaws in this strat(ive only used it for the past 2 days) Send me email at webmaster@freelancerstudios.com

To newbies: dont blame my strat for not owning, its how you use others in combination with this that makes it own. So dont make 20 lvl5 grunts and rush em in and wonder why you lost. Also dont freak if a luster has a couple of ogres. If you scouted early enough he would only have maybe 4 lvl3 ogres which is easily owned with 10-14 grunts

If you come up with any fail safe ways to own a specific spot email them to me, or a fix in my build order.

Post Tue Oct 23, 2001 4:05 am 
Sabbey!

Ruiner Rush

quote:
Originally posted by EM_Ruiner:
I made this strat about 48 hours ago and tested it a few times before i thought to put it up.

I've owned 12 from 4 with it I dont know how many times.

Yea, countless ownings from 4 to 12 often happen in 2 days.

Post Wed Oct 31, 2001 6:33 pm