FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

dualing

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
demonkiller999

dualing

how many grunts should you make before you make the 2 cats in a 2 cat rush on gow vs a dualer?

and is it good to dual on pos?if not,why does it sucks?

Post Fri May 04, 2001 5:16 pm 
Swift~Thief

dualing

When rushing, and you're intending to make cats here ! Make sure you have the gold and wood to make the cats. 2 raxes, one of em builds a grunt, the other builds a cat. If you build like 2 grunts together, you might not be able to get money fast enough for the grunt demands. Once your second cat is finished, go attack.

Post Tue Jul 03, 2001 11:55 pm 
[OLC]APOPHIS

dualing

2 cat rush is normally played only against 2 Hallers and like this - produce grunts all the time, the moment you find the enemy on a inwalled 2 Halling build a second rax near his base. start produce first cat in home base. when second rax is ready start produce second cat. When first is ready take it one the way to enemy bas. It will arrive just in the moment the second cat is ready, so you have 2 cats at enemys base. Produce alle the time you can Grunts in your raxes. You will win.
THAT is 2 catting.

[OLC]APOPHIS

Post Fri Jul 06, 2001 6:31 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Silencer FoO

dualing

Damnit...this is an easy question no need to hassle abou tit. If you see a 2 haller or someone walled in... make sure you have 2 barracks. Get maybe about 6-10 grunts, and make 2 cats at the same time. Take everything to their town and try to get their cats first, and then if they have towers get those. while you are taking ur shit to their base be making more grunts and you'll get like 14-16 there and they'll be raped

Post Mon Jul 09, 2001 1:21 pm 
DS~Anomaly

dualing

This can be tricky on EF/old, especially once you've seen a few really good 11/9 or 9/9s dualers, or even an 11 power. Take this
scenario for example:
you start at 12. your opponent is at 11. your first grunt scouts 2, and then 11. You see rax walling 11, but 9 is empty. Thus, your opponent is chasing several routes. A fast power, a late rush, or dualing to another location. Anyone who is good at powering at 11, knows you can have at least 6
ogres before a 2 cat from 12 can be done.
(I could be wrong, but of the games I've witnessed, it's pretty hard) 9/9s dual is the
same way. All he has to do is let you break his wall, and have a few ogres at at least lvl 2. This is even more difficult at a further location, such as 4/5.
The key to having a chance at this strat is
1.) Never missing a "build peon" click.
2.) Switch to a more balanced wood/gold collection. IMMEDIATELY
3.) Build mill before second rax.

Also, never upgrade to lvl 3 before you've
started to build your cat/cats. (this is against someone, who you know has a fast dual/power.)

Post Sat Jul 14, 2001 1:54 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Swift~Thief

dualing

umm Silencer fo0? its better to get early cats one rax makes the grunt the other rax makes a cat, cuz u see some people run OUT of money when making 2 grunts at a time, so its best to make one grunt and one cat together the trick is to get the rush ASAP

Post Thu Jul 19, 2001 1:51 am 
Soth

dualing

no good dualer will get run over by a 1 cat rush. you must have 2 cats, and these days, most people bring a peon or two over to ot the hell out of your base while they're catting you. I used to 2 cat, I got pretty good at it; I'd have 2 cats before he was hold, or barely at it; the key is staying lvl 2, repping a second rax while building your mill. its faster if you peon scout, but you can still do it if you scouted him out with a grunt. Resource management is the main thing, if you arent oting his base, then its probable you wont kill him unless you have mad grunts. If you arent oting him or have lots of grunts, then you should be fort by the time he finishes off your force at his base. THAT is a good 2 cat rush.

It's hard to explain, I sorta just know how to do it from experience;

Remember, there are always other alternatives to catting a dualer. You could power, or counter dual. Chop rush. If he doesnt make cats of his own, you could ot and force your way in; lots of options.

------------------
Wrath & Soth

The most hated team on bnet!

Post Thu Jul 19, 2001 2:43 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
7VlesSiah

dualing

quote:
Originally posted by Soth:

Remember, there are always other alternatives to catting a dualer. You could power, or counter dual. Chop rush. If he doesnt make cats of his own, you could ot and force your way in; lots of options.

You could peon rush as well, but I wouldn't recommend it. I think powering against 2 haller is dumb. If you power to lust, he can just seal you out until he gets lust. If you go for dks, he can get a few dks as well (or runes). You slow his gold, he slows yours; you have two mines to slow, he has but one.

Does anyone here power against a 2 hall?

Post Thu Jul 19, 2001 4:59 pm 
Soth

dualing

I dont power vs a dual in a 1on1, but sometimes if my ally and I are 4/5 I'll ot to slow the dual and power; I dont use all the options I stated above, I merely showed that there is more than 1 way to stop a dual.

------------------
Wrath & Soth

Post Thu Jul 19, 2001 6:07 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Tarquinn

dualing

Assuming you are playing gow/ef and are rushing, you should have scouted your enemy and know if he is or is not dualing by the time you have no more than 5 grunts and 2nd rax building. If he is dualing, then you pull a couple peons off gold to lumber and start building your mill. Always make both cats at the same time. Once the cats are finished then continue to make grunts 2 at a time and sending them to your enemy as soon as they are finished training. Normally by the time your cats arrive you can have a nice force of 10-12 grunts and more being sent in 2s.

Post Mon Jul 23, 2001 6:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
BiZaTcH

dualing

On GOW if I am 5 (I move to 5 from 4) I always Grunt check. The first grunt goes up to check s6 and then up to 9/11. I then send to 12/2 with my second Grunt. My first Grunt will scout the Dual as soon as my third grunt is done training. Then I send all three grunts to one of the dualer's mines. I keep grunting at home (will only make 2 grunts before my mill/2nd rax is done) and I send them up to the dualer as I super rep a mill and a 2nd rax and make sure I do not up to level 3 (I always make the Sword upgrade first). I then train both cats at the same time and put several Peons on Wood. As soon as I can I make that next upgrade. When my cats are done I send a Peon to 9 (s9/9 and 11/9 both involve 9) and Tower it up while the cats are coming. As the cats run up their I make Grunts from both Barracks and begin to upgrade lvl 4 and 5 and soon upgrade to Stronghold. I upgrade them and by the time the cats get there I have an unstoppable force. Generally they are just making lvl 1 Ogres when I'm there (assuming they are fast and do the double Guard Tower defense or the single Catapult defense). I double cat their Guard Tower and immidiately break in. The Grunts kill the Peons and the Catapults attack either a Blacksmith/Ogre Mound(optimal) or a Barracks. I make a couple more Towers inside their base and then finish it off. USUALLY they kill atleast one cat, however I try to go up to 11 and finish off that which rarely is successful. If a s9/9 dual I just heavy Ogre rush with a slow up to Fort and annoy him with what I have left. If 11 is the mine left over you have 3 options: FAST Death Knights with some defense while annoying him, (#2 is if you killed a Stronghold) Double Almny Sap/Ogre rush 11, or just go Lust and kill him from there.

I do better against duals recently than anything else, and this has worked wonders. Thanks to ~Tdawg for these strats...

Post Mon Jul 23, 2001 8:20 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Soth

dualing

This is coming from the guy who lost to ~Tdawg when he got a 2 minute head start

:/

------------------
Wrath & Soth

Post Sat Jul 28, 2001 10:33 pm